Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: 2014 US Nationals Senior Ice Dance FD

Custom Title
    USA USA USA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    And there is talent in the Junior ranks too.

Custom Title
    C/B were great too! Just a delight and so well deserved into second. They have improved SO MUCH since the grand prix. It almost makes me wonder if they might be a spoiler to get into the top 6 at Sochi?

I do think when you look at the other top teams in the world they don't fully have that chemistry yet, but it sure is coming along.

I thought Hubbell and Donahue were magnificent tonight. Honestly it's hard for me to decide if I preferred them or the Shibs. I feel like H/D are so authentic and have this extraordinary chemistry, but the Shibs routine is so dynamic. In any event it looks like the judges made a choice and frankly I'm not surprised this is the podium.

ISU, stop promoting 2-foot skating!
    Damn, I was hoping Hubbell/Donahue could finally pass over the Shibs. Meh. :(

At least they got the higher TES in the FD.

Custom Title
    I thought that S/S should have placed higher... C/B are so boring, I dread seeing them skate their FD. H/D were good tonight but S/S were much more awesome and deserved 3-4 points more. C/B may have the best lifts after D/W but that is about it. Everything else is done better by either H/D or S/S and exponentially greater by D/W. D/W are the greatest ice dancers ever - did I say that above?

Custom Title
    I hope Davis/White and Chock and Bates did not leave their Olympic performance on measly Nationals ice (Kwan was notorious for this). I think those were the two best performances of any team in any competition this whole season.. by far!

Protocols: http://www.usfigureskating.org/leade...s/results.html

Perfect TES and PCS, right?

Custom Title
    ^That I doubt. Meryl and Charlie have a way of building building building after nationals. Frankly they were amazing, but I think even in that near flawless routine I saw room for improvement, and knowing them I'm sure they do too.

Chock and Bates have Igor as a coach. I'm sure for them it's the same game.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by edenlover View Post
    Chock and Bates OMG again. THey were so musical and so powerful and did such justice to wonderful music. This has been a wonderful hour of skating. As Dick B would have said, "Simply the best." We are strong in this field. I so wish I had sprung for the bucks to go to Boston this year.....
    I agree...great ice dancing...I enjoyed every program in its own way; absolute faves were D/W, C/B, H/D.

Custom Title
    Meryl and Charlie are unbelievable!

I'm heartbroken for Madi and Zach, however. I like the Shibs, but think H/D should have beaten them in both the SD and FD here. In the SD Alex had a bad bobble--both had lovely, crisp edges and good speed. Their FDs are very different from one another, but while the MJ program is fun, I think Madi and Zach's FD is absolutely fantastic, and they skated it lyrically and with emotion--and their lines are so lovely! I hope they will at leat be sent to the worlds, that Madi heals well, and that they come back fighting for a place in the 2018 Olympic team.

Custom Title
    Agreed Samson!!! I am so absolutely ecstatic right now - since Michelle Kwan retired I have not felt so emotional about any US skater and with D/W I feel a double dose of happiness and appreciation!

Quote Originally Posted by samson View Post
    ^That I doubt. Meryl and Charlie have a way of building building building after nationals. Frankly they were amazing, but I think even in that near flawless routine I saw room for improvement, and knowing them I'm sure they do too.

Chock and Bates have Igor as a coach. I'm sure for them it's the same game.

Congratulations to all the winning teams! Can't wait to see D/W's performance. Wow, 200.19! Can they score higher than that at the Olympics, or have they reached the ceiling?!

“Our blade takes us in the most amazing places.” skatingfan4ever's Avatar
    My, this is a jubilant thread, and for good reason. What an AMAZING FD competition that was!!! I enjoyed every couple in the final group. D&W were amazing as usual, but I do prefer the blue costumes though. They were far more striking to me than the lavender ones. I"m SO HAPPY for the Shibs!!! They've had some struggles over the past couple of years but really pulled it together here. Alex's reaction was priceless. This is the first time I've actually enjoyed C&B's FD this season. It sounded to me like they substituted a different recording of One Day More where the lyrics were easier to decipher. Whatever they did, it made all the difference in the world. Heartbreaking for H&D though - they were amazing. I so wish we could have 4 spots this year.

The Pairs FS was beyond boring except for Z&B, so I"m THRILLED that Ice Dance ended the broadcast on such a high note.

Competitions like this FD remind me why I love figure skating so much!

Custom Title
    That was an incredible FD.

They've reached the ceiling as far as scores. Only two +2s and two 9.75's from one judge. All other marks/judges gave +3's and 10's.

Personally though, I felt more emotionally from C/B. But was enthralled the most by D/W. USA is so lucky to have such great ice dance teams!

Custom Title
    Just adding to the jubilation! what an amazing final flight - I teared up, I jumped with joy, I was amazed and awed and thoroughly entertained. Fantastic.

Custom Title
    And the shame of it is most Americans who are casual fans of the sport won't realize just how good that final flight was. Sigh. One day perhaps...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast