Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: 2014 US Nationals Senior Ice Dance FD

I'm gonna Customize the CRAP out of this Title!!! Frenchie's Avatar
    I join in in the general consensus: Great FD, all top 4 should be allowed to go.
    i have a real soft spot for Hubbel/Donahue and I just love their music and chemistry. I really wanted them to make the top 3, but I have to admit the ranking is ok for me.

Outdated Old Dinosaur
    D/W... nothing left to say.

C/B - WOW. If D/W had not been in the field, they would have been worthy national champions.

I think they're going to be a major force in the next quad.

Really hate it for Hub/Don. There is just something about them that I find exceptional.

Custom Title
    Davis/White's free, no commentary:

http://youtu.be/KwYh7tWMWqo

Custom Title
    Please forgive me Shibsib fans; but that is the worst MJ program I've ever seen. Remember N/K? They did something decent, even Olson and Hubbell did this some justice last season. The choreography and music completely clash. I found watching it awkward. The Man in the Mirror part was clumsy. What did H/D do to not deserve going to Sochi? I need to see video. Did they make errors or something? And trust me I am not a Shibsib hater,but how did that score so high?

Custom Title
    Deleted. Double post.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by WeakAnkles View Post
    Exactly. It's not that A/E don't have a tremendous amount of potential, but that Bollywood program was a big mistake, because Marlie's program was so ruthlessly memorable. Big tactical error.

The Shibs... I don't think it really works (it's like cognitive dissonance on ice), but it will be enough to get to them to Sochi. Dropping the Ben section for Man in the Mirror was a BIG improvement. And Alex's reaction was very sweet.
    I agree...it'd have to be a phenomenal Bollywood program for that to be a wise choice in a program, especially this close to D/W's amazing and very memorable program. It'd perhaps be one thing if they weren't also skating for the US, but I'm not at all convinced even that would really make a difference.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by bramweld View Post
    What did H/D do to not deserve going to Sochi? I need to see video.
    They weren't coached by either Igor or Marina j/k

Glad I'm not the only one who isn't fond of the MJ program.

Custom Title
    ^^That's just not cool. I'm watching it going. What? What? MJ??? Are you kidding me? This is NOT a popularity contest. It's supposed to be about dancing....*Sigh*

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by riceplate View Post
    Davis/White's free, no commentary:

http://youtu.be/KwYh7tWMWqo
    OMG. that was miles better than the GPF. the speed, even in that last diagonal, the stamina, the constant details, movements, the lifts. wow. WOW

Tripping on the Podium
    I'm not fond of either the Shibsibs' FD or Chock/Bates' FD. The Shibs are good performers but the decision to have a sudden slow section in between two very dynamic pieces of music is not a good one. Chock/Bates ride the music too much and their GOE today was a bit much. Both programs have either big empty spaces or spaces where the choreography (especially the required elements) don't fit well to the music. They were terrifically well skated FDs today and I won't argue much about the podium, but I do think that with the programs as they were, H and D taking the bronze medal by a point or a point and a half wouldn't have been a scandal. Maybe they should have chosen more bombastic music for the Olympic season, something that would get a real rise out of the crowd.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by WeakAnkles View Post
    And the shame of it is most Americans who are casual fans of the sport won't realize just how good that final flight was. Sigh. One day perhaps...
    At least we got to see it and to understand how good our ice dancers are. I'm so thrilled that NBC showed so much of the competition. This was literally the first time I had a chance to see Meryl and Charlie's short program. What a joy to watch. And then that Scheherezade...delectable. It just goes to show that even a well-used war horse of a music piece can be dynamic and thrilling.

I too was a bit taken aback by the Bollywood program. It's so close in time to Davis/White's memorable program that it looks derivative no matter how good the skating is. I wish they had made another choice.

>>C/B - WOW. If D/W had not been in the field, they would have been worthy national champions.
    Yes. Their energy was enough to get to even the farthest rows of viewers. Quite amazing!

Pitchka!!!!!!!!!!!!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by bramweld View Post
    Please forgive me Shibsib fans; but that is the worst MJ program I've ever seen. Remember N/K? They did something decent, even Olson and Hubbell did this some justice last season. The choreography and music completely clash. I found watching it awkward. The Man in the Mirror part was clumsy. What did H/D do to not deserve going to Sochi? I need to see video. Did they make errors or something? And trust me I am not a Shibsib hater,but how did that score so high?
    I enjoyed the Shibutani's way more than H/D and C/B.....

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast