Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Kaetlyn Osmond, ANY kind of threat?

Kaetlyn Osmond, ANY kind of threat?

So Kaetlyn Osmond scored 70.30 in her Canadian short program. I guess she is over her injury. Other than that I don't have much to say. I just figured we haven't been talking about the Canadian contingent so far and let's face it, she's it. So, thoughts?
    http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/D...067/story.html

Banned
    she is a non factor and a non threat

that is typical Osmond, can only skate lights out on home ice, she has never skated clean outside of home ice.
    and that is a Nationals score so doesnt count much, so obviously inflated and Canadian held events are known for their hyper inflated scores.

Gracie Gold and about 9 more ladies can bury her in the standings

Tripping on the Podium
    I think she could be a threat for brozen. She just has such a bubbly personally on the ice and make her program fun to watch. It's nice to see female have fun and fast music for a change.

Custom Title
    I was about to ask what happened to her. She was hyped so then seemed to disappear. I don't see her as being relevant at the Olympics and she is, imo, being packaged poorly. I suspect she will end up outside the top ten.

Custom Title
    This is a great comeback for Osmond! I was initially worried about her.

She's definitely a bronze chaser, but certain skaters like Sotnikova/Lipnitskaia/Suzuki/Kostner have greater potential to defeat her.

Regardless, she put in a strong performance and that's all that matters at this point.

Custom Title
    I don't think she will be a factor. Watch her long program. She is still recovering and she doesn't have all the jumps; they aren't trained. I think she needs an image consultant/stylist and be packated prperly. She isn't your super princessy type; she needs how to work it more rather than rely on natural talent. That being said I doubt she could earn brnze with Carolina, Wagner, Gold, Julia and Adeline ahead of her not to mention the Chinese lady and three Japanese skaters. She could make top ten and if there are a few melt downs make top 5 but that would have to be a major meltdown.

On the Ice
    There is nothing wrong in Kaetlyn's packaging. She and Akiko Suzuki are by far the best packaged female skaters competing at the moment. They have positive natural charisma. Something that you can't teach.

Osmond is a top ten candidate for sure and could also win bronze in Sochi. She has great programs and skates with tons of personality.

Custom Title
    Osmond is definitely a top ten candidate, but a very long shot for bronze. That said, the probably that she wins bronze is greater than 0! She's had some good moments; she's beaten Adelina at least twice in competition, she's beaten Akiko at least twice in competition, she's beaten Gracie before,...However, when she placed higher than these skaters, a part of it was poor performances on the part of those other skaters. She doesn't have as much international experience or the reputation, and combined with her injury, and how she handles her nerves, her placement at the Olympics is a wild card.

Custom Title
    I don't think Kaetlyn has the technical content in her long program to challenge for a medal in Sochi. 3T-3T will suffice in the short program, but attempting only six triples in the long program only works for Yuna Kim.

Columnist
    I like Kaetlyn a lot, when she came to Oberstdorf 2 years ago, she was a big highlight. Her natural type is amazing to watch, she was totally down to earth and had lots of fun on the ice. That fire in her eyes

Custom Title
    Osmond is a nice skater but she fizzled out a bit last season after winning everything in sight early in the season.

Custom Title
    I think that ,in her long, she has plans for double axel/triple toe and triple flip/triple toe..not sure if she will be doing that today. When she skated her short at worlds last year she was scored very well so it is not just an at home hype. She may end up at the olympics being the freshest of the ladies feild.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by jan View Post
    When she skated her short at worlds last year she was scored very well so it is not just an at home hype.
    Worlds were in Canada last year, jan

Custom Title
    With all Canadian judges???? I don't think so!

Quote Originally Posted by Kalina View Post
    Worlds were in Canada last year, jan

I think she can make the top ten but I'm not so sure about bronze though but I like Kaetlyn she has a spark and is a great performer.

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast