Kaetlyn Osmond, ANY kind of threat? | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Kaetlyn Osmond, ANY kind of threat?

emdee

Final Flight
Osmond gets the award for the most overhyped skater last season who was bragged to crush all the younger wonderbabies and all other new seniors
she fizzled out within less than a year despite the hype machine created by her federation

this girl can't skate a clean program outside her home inflated country, period.
Zijun even Polina E. should easily pas her in Top 10

Why do you parrot yourself so much. You have already stated this in the beginning of the thread and similar verbiage elsewhere..... try for some original thoughts next time.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I concur with Coriana. She is a vivacious skater thar projects her performance to the audience. She has absolutely no pressure going into the skate and this could act in her favour. I think a top 6 would be marvellous for her.

I don't see Kaetlyn beating Kim, Kostner, Asada, Lipnitskaia, Suzuki, Wagner, Gold or Sotnikova. Sure, she beat some of them last year early in the season. But the skaters she beat early-season last year are in another league this year at this time, and many have had some impressive results, while Kaetlyn has been missing from action. She will be in the unfortunate position of debuting her FS before ISU judges at Sochi.

Kaetlyn is a charming skater and judges like her, but she is technically a step behind many of the top skaters. A top 10 finish would be a great result for her.

Alvyne

On the Ice
Country
Canada
I was really impressed with Kaetlyn's performance at Canadians. For someone who's been injured, lost half her season due to injury and hasn't really competed this year, it really was a fantastic skate. She's really a joy to watch, she commends the ice and has that "je ne sais quoi". She's never boring.

I agree that she's not competitive technically with the top ladies at the moment, but she has great potential. This is only her second season as a senior, and she's just coming back from injury. And to her advantage, her season his just beggining, she hasn't peaked yet.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Why do you parrot yourself so much. You have already stated this in the beginning of the thread and similar verbiage elsewhere..... try for some original thoughts next time.

I think sky_fly is just going for the highest post count at this point. There's no other reason for her to continually say the same thing. Well other than to reinforce how nasty and classless she is when talking about skaters... just in case we happened to forget.

millie

Medalist
Osmond gets the award for the most overhyped skater last season who was bragged to crush all the younger wonderbabies and all other new seniors
she fizzled out within less than a year despite the hype machine created by her federation

this girl can't skate a clean program outside her home inflated country, period.
Zijun even Polina E. should easily pas her in Top 10

For your information, Osmond did not fizzle out. She has been out all season with injuries and came back with her first completion and won Canadian Nationals. Her scores were comparative to Golds, who have been skating all the season. The difference between Gold and Osmond, is their personalities....Gold thinks that she's the best and is going to win Gold and Osmond is going to skate her best. Americans has this Gracie Gold built up to be the Golden Girl.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
For your information, Osmond did not fizzle out. She has been out all season with injuries and came back with her first completion and won Canadian Nationals. Her scores were comparative to Golds, who have been skating all the season. The difference between Gold and Osmond, is their personalities....Gold thinks that she's the best and is going to win Gold and Osmond is going to skate her best. Americans has this Gracie Gold built up to be the Golden Girl.

not to offend, but Osmond had a higher inflated score than Gracie in her Nationals
also its a moot even hyping a girl who can't skate clean outside home soil

Gracie has improved this season and is a gold medal contender, Osmond is a top 10 contender that is it,
Osmond was injured agreed, so why continue hyping her ? she should focus next season on full recovery from her injury

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
not to offend, but Osmond had a higher inflated score than Gracie in her Nationals
also its a moot even hyping a girl who can't skate clean outside home soil

Gracie has improved this season and is a gold medal contender, Osmond is a top 10 contender that is it,
Osmond was injured agreed, so why continue hyping her ? she should focus next season on full recovery from her injury

Gracie has never skated a clean competition outside home soil.

Or a clean competition for that matter. Nationals was her closest, and even then she put both hands down on the 3F.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Gracie has never skated a clean competition outside home soil. Nationals was her closest, and even then she put both hands down on the 3F.

even with a few pops, Gracie scores big, the only other skater who can do that is Kim Yuna
if Gracie is clean in Sochi, it will be Kim vs Gold for the gold

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
even with a few pops, Gracie scores big, the only other skater who can do that is Kim Yuna

IF she's clean, which she thus far hasn't proven.

As for being the only skater who can put up big numbers with errors, Kostner and Asada both proved they can also put up big numbers with errors. Lipnitskaia on Russian ice can also put up big PCS numbers even with errors (enough to be gifted Cup of Russia with 3 triples).

Gracie certainly hasn't skated clean on international ice. Like Kostner, who skated clean at her Nationals last year, you can say that "if she's clean" it will be her vs. Kim for the gold. However, she's never skated clean internationally, so calling her a contender if she's clean is contingent on something that she hasn't even achieved yet.

Bashing Osmond for not being clean when Gracie has never been clean herself, on home ice or otherwise, is pretty ridiculous of you. Although thoroughly predictable.

millie

Medalist
Some skaters have passion for skating and enjoy it. Osmond loves skating and as she said, she do not expect to win gold but wants to skate her best. On the other hand, skating is a job for Gold. Like she said to Frank Carol before she took the ice at Nationals, this is a job and I will go on the ice and do that job. I don't think their is passion in her skating like Osmond.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Some skaters have passion for skating and enjoy it. Osmond loves skating and as she said, she do not expect to win gold but wants to skate her best. On the other hand, skating is a job for Gold. Like she said to Frank Carol before she took the ice at Nationals, this is a job and I will go on the ice and do that job. I don't think their is passion in her skating like Osmond.

how do you know there is no passion in Gracie ?
she could just be using the word job for motivation, Osmond too even with her mambo jambo hip shaking doesn't mean she's a passionate skater

Alvyne

On the Ice
Country
Canada

Exactly. If someone is overhyping Osmond, it's certainly not her or her team. They are setting realistic goals for her, top 10 at Worlds last year, top 8 for this year.

RABID

Final Flight

YuNa falls flat on her face, Mao falls flat on her face, Carolina falls flat on her face, Julia falls flat on her face, Adelina falls flat on her face, Lee falls flat on her face, Suzuki falls flat on her face, Murukami falls flat on her face.... See where I am going?

millie

Medalist
Exactly. If someone is overhyping Osmond, it's certainly not her or her team. They are setting realistic goals for her, top 10 at Worlds last year, top 8 for this year.

You are so right. Osmond comes from a little town of about 5000 people on an island of about 500,000 people. She has no big sponsors promoting her. What you see is what you get......a girl that loves skating and a passion that you see on her face when she takes the ice. That's why she has the confidence when she skates and has nerves of steel. No meltdowns like some skaters.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

I'm glad Gracie looked at her LP as a job. She wasn't there simply to skate for the crowd or even herself she was there to win. I'm glad she's getting a laser focus to her skating. I saw none of the fear in her face that she's had in the past especially when she's had a lead going into the LP. Frank Carroll is amazing Gracie now looks truly like a future World champion.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
I'm glad Gracie looked at her LP as a job. She wasn't there simply to skate for the crowd or even herself she was there to win. I'm glad she's getting a laser focus to her skating. I saw none of the fear in her face that she's had in the past especially when she's had a lead going into the LP. Frank Carroll is amazing Gracie now looks truly like a future World champion.

agreed, if it means thinking as a job to stick steel into her mentally, then so be it
Gold is indeed a Multiple World Champion in the making

lines

Rinkside

You are missing the point of why she says that. It means that she is going to go out and perform the program as she does in training every day, instead of overwhelming herself with the importance of the events, results, etc. She is reminding herself not to get overexcited and mess herself up but to go out and do what she does every day (ie. your job). Tanith Belbin used a similar phrase when she was commentating on senior dance, basically that their elements need to be so well=practiced that it is like punching your timesheet for your job (you just do it without having to even think hard about it).

emdee

Final Flight
I recommend you watch her non Canadian soil competitions
so WTT and 4CC wasn't a meltdown ? :eek:hwell:

Osmond is not consistent, she cant skate clean outside Canada

Sky fly maybe you are not just thought-less but clue-less! As far as I know Nebelhorn is in .....drum roll.....Germany!

WTT was a cheesefest last year. For a skater who did one or two events in a year she went on to do a large number so obviously had not planned to peak strategically.

In any event my belief is that top 8-10 is doable for her and realistic. If as another poster says everyone falls then maybe she has an outside shot of top 5 or 6.

I loved Gracie at Skate Canada but then her long program was a mess.....

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
No threat at all. She may place in top ten at best. Too many other skaters ahead of her, especially with a more put-together Gracie & Adelina, the Japanese ladies in top form…
Haven't watched her late performances yet, but from her summer competition, it appears to me her body changed a lot=bad news.