Kaetlyn Osmond, ANY kind of threat? | Golden Skate

Kaetlyn Osmond, ANY kind of threat?

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
she is a non factor and a non threat

that is typical Osmond, can only skate lights out on home ice, she has never skated clean outside of home ice.
and that is a Nationals score so doesnt count much, so obviously inflated and Canadian held events are known for their hyper inflated scores.

Gracie Gold and about 9 more ladies can bury her in the standings

waterblades

On the Ice
I think she could be a threat for brozen. She just has such a bubbly personally on the ice and make her program fun to watch. It's nice to see female have fun and fast music for a change.

Icey

Record Breaker
I was about to ask what happened to her. She was hyped so then seemed to disappear. I don't see her as being relevant at the Olympics and she is, imo, being packaged poorly. I suspect she will end up outside the top ten.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
This is a great comeback for Osmond! I was initially worried about her. :clap:

She's definitely a bronze chaser, but certain skaters like Sotnikova/Lipnitskaia/Suzuki/Kostner have greater potential to defeat her.

Regardless, she put in a strong performance and that's all that matters at this point.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I don't think she will be a factor. Watch her long program. She is still recovering and she doesn't have all the jumps; they aren't trained. I think she needs an image consultant/stylist and be packated prperly. She isn't your super princessy type; she needs how to work it more rather than rely on natural talent. That being said I doubt she could earn brnze with Carolina, Wagner, Gold, Julia and Adeline ahead of her not to mention the Chinese lady and three Japanese skaters. She could make top ten and if there are a few melt downs make top 5 but that would have to be a major meltdown.

Rami

Rinkside
There is nothing wrong in Kaetlyn's packaging. She and Akiko Suzuki are by far the best packaged female skaters competing at the moment. They have positive natural charisma. Something that you can't teach.

Osmond is a top ten candidate for sure and could also win bronze in Sochi. She has great programs and skates with tons of personality.

Scout

Final Flight
Osmond is definitely a top ten candidate, but a very long shot for bronze. That said, the probably that she wins bronze is greater than 0! :) She's had some good moments; she's beaten Adelina at least twice in competition, she's beaten Akiko at least twice in competition, she's beaten Gracie before,...However, when she placed higher than these skaters, a part of it was poor performances on the part of those other skaters. She doesn't have as much international experience or the reputation, and combined with her injury, and how she handles her nerves, her placement at the Olympics is a wild card.

Selene

On the Ice
I don't think Kaetlyn has the technical content in her long program to challenge for a medal in Sochi. 3T-3T will suffice in the short program, but attempting only six triples in the long program only works for Yuna Kim.

Alex D

Record Breaker
I like Kaetlyn a lot, when she came to Oberstdorf 2 years ago, she was a big highlight. Her natural type is amazing to watch, she was totally down to earth and had lots of fun on the ice. That fire in her eyes :bow:

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Osmond is a nice skater but she fizzled out a bit last season after winning everything in sight early in the season.

jan

On the Ice
I think that ,in her long, she has plans for double axel/triple toe and triple flip/triple toe..not sure if she will be doing that today. When she skated her short at worlds last year she was scored very well so it is not just an at home hype. She may end up at the olympics being the freshest of the ladies feild.

Gigi13

On the Ice
I think she can make the top ten but I'm not so sure about bronze though but I like Kaetlyn she has a spark and is a great performer.

krbcan

Rinkside
She was injured a good chunk of this competitive season. Plus she really only emerged last year from being a so-so young junior skater, and ended up 8th at her first world championships which isn't bad at all. She hasn't skated that much internatlonally while at the elite senior level. I don't think she is a big threat for the bronze unless a number of skaters just fall apart.

She just won the Canadian Championships with 207 pts so while there is definitely some national inflation there in those scores, she definitely has some talent to score that high, so I think she should very likely finish in the the top 10 -- probably somewhere in spots 6-10 -- if she skates to her potential at the Olympics.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I was impressed with her skate despite some turn outs but I didn't count how many triples she did. I like her natural effervensence. She has some spunk and power. Top ten is realistic but there are so many good skaters 3 americans, 3 Japanese, Yuna, Caro, the Chinese lady, two russians so she will be hard pressed to make top ten; top 12 almost for sure with a erasonable skate - she shouldhold off the french one would think and the Georigan skater.

Near

On the Ice
Country
Canada
She can win an individual medal, but its unlikely to happen. Top 10 is a very achievable goal for her. As for how well she will do next quad, that's another question all together (she might not even be the best Canadian skater in four years). To win a medal in the individual event she needs to skate better than she ever has and she'll probably need some help. But its the Olympics and strange things happen there.

She is very valuable for the Canadian team, though. She is unlikely to beat the American and Russian skaters, but with a good skate she will limit the damage (and with a great skate and/or an implosion from another skater she could even make up ground). So while she probably won't win an individual medal she will have a big role to play in how well Canada does in the team event.

skateluvr

Record Breaker
Site impossibly slow still or just my puter?

sti:scowl:cking, freezing, aggravating..anyone else having this? ill try to post my query.

Krislite

Medalist
To answer the original post, no. She's not a threat, but she has an outside shot for the podium if some skaters falter. I see a top 10 finish for her in Sochi if she keeps it together.