Kaetlyn Osmond, ANY kind of threat? | Page 11 | Golden Skate

Kaetlyn Osmond, ANY kind of threat?

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
I do not think Kaetlyn is a threat for a medal after watching her Nationals programs. She has a lot of great things about her skating, particularly a lot of transitions, but the actual positions she performs are not of the best quality. Her lines are not as strong as the other top skaters, which is evident in certain moves like her illusion position. I think with time the quality of her skating will improve, but I think there are too many women who match her jumps and have better programs.

shine

Record Breaker
Chuckm, the time you spend trying to prove to us how Kaetlyn just isn't as good of a skater as we think, and dismissing her fans' hopes for her eventual success - wouldn't it be better spent on discussing YOUR favourite skaters, watching their videos or, say, reading a book? Are you on some kind of mission or something?

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I have no doubt of Kaetlyn's eventual success. I just don't see her on the Olympic podium. Capisce? I'm not sure who will be on the podium, but I think it probably will be a mix of Kim, Asada, a Russian, or just possibly (long shots) Kostner or Suzuki. Gold and Osmond should be somewhere in the top 10.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I think Gold has a shot at the podium but not Osmond. She has not had much international exposure and her injury has caused her training to be way behind.