Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Thread: Kaetlyn Osmond, ANY kind of threat?

Custom Title
    Well thanks for clearing that up, I thought Chuckm was talking about Sky Fly 20, lol.

Custom Title
    It's best not to mention Sky Fly 20 . Not if you want rational discourse.

Custom Title
    Oh ok. I just assumed you were friends as you seem be in agreement a lot.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by wallylutz View Post
    I am sure she would love to when she is healthy again because she has lots of fans in Europe too.
    I would gladly carry her bags to the ice rink every day :D

Custom Title
    I rarely agree with Sky FLy who is is rude and insulting to Kaetlyn. I respect Kaetlyn as a skater and think she has a great future, but think some of the hype and current expectations are way over the top. I don't see her as an Olympic medal candidate, for example, but do see her in the top 10.

BTW, I don't see Gracie Gold as an Olympic medal candidate, either.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by spikydurian View Post
    Wag is often used to refer to bimbo girlfriends or wives of well known footballers in Australia. Not sure whether this term is common in N. America and how it applies to Wallylutz who I am aware is a man. Sadly, what Wallulutz said is true IMO even to a bystander like me from the other side of the globe.
    http://www.thefreedictionary.com/_/d...?rd=1&word=wag

A wag is a droll person; a wit; a humorist

Custom Title
    I do not think Kaetlyn is a threat for a medal after watching her Nationals programs. She has a lot of great things about her skating, particularly a lot of transitions, but the actual positions she performs are not of the best quality. Her lines are not as strong as the other top skaters, which is evident in certain moves like her illusion position. I think with time the quality of her skating will improve, but I think there are too many women who match her jumps and have better programs.

Thank God for Stephane Lambiel and Matt Savoie! shine's Avatar
    Chuckm, the time you spend trying to prove to us how Kaetlyn just isn't as good of a skater as we think, and dismissing her fans' hopes for her eventual success - wouldn't it be better spent on discussing YOUR favourite skaters, watching their videos or, say, reading a book? Are you on some kind of mission or something?

Custom Title
    I have no doubt of Kaetlyn's eventual success. I just don't see her on the Olympic podium. Capisce? I'm not sure who will be on the podium, but I think it probably will be a mix of Kim, Asada, a Russian, or just possibly (long shots) Kostner or Suzuki. Gold and Osmond should be somewhere in the top 10.

Custom Title
    I think Gold has a shot at the podium but not Osmond. She has not had much international exposure and her injury has caused her training to be way behind.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14