Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Kaetlyn Osmond, ANY kind of threat?

Rinkside
    She was injured a good chunk of this competitive season. Plus she really only emerged last year from being a so-so young junior skater, and ended up 8th at her first world championships which isn't bad at all. She hasn't skated that much internatlonally while at the elite senior level. I don't think she is a big threat for the bronze unless a number of skaters just fall apart.

She just won the Canadian Championships with 207 pts so while there is definitely some national inflation there in those scores, she definitely has some talent to score that high, so I think she should very likely finish in the the top 10 -- probably somewhere in spots 6-10 -- if she skates to her potential at the Olympics.

Custom Title
    I was impressed with her skate despite some turn outs but I didn't count how many triples she did. I like her natural effervensence. She has some spunk and power. Top ten is realistic but there are so many good skaters 3 americans, 3 Japanese, Yuna, Caro, the Chinese lady, two russians so she will be hard pressed to make top ten; top 12 almost for sure with a erasonable skate - she shouldhold off the french one would think and the Georigan skater.

Custom Title
    She can win an individual medal, but its unlikely to happen. Top 10 is a very achievable goal for her. As for how well she will do next quad, that's another question all together (she might not even be the best Canadian skater in four years). To win a medal in the individual event she needs to skate better than she ever has and she'll probably need some help. But its the Olympics and strange things happen there.

She is very valuable for the Canadian team, though. She is unlikely to beat the American and Russian skaters, but with a good skate she will limit the damage (and with a great skate and/or an implosion from another skater she could even make up ground). So while she probably won't win an individual medal she will have a big role to play in how well Canada does in the team event.

Site impossibly slow still or just my puter?

sticking, freezing, aggravating..anyone else having this? ill try to post my query.

To answer the original post, no. She's not a threat, but she has an outside shot for the podium if some skaters falter. I see a top 10 finish for her in Sochi if she keeps it together.

I found nothing from 2014 Canadian nationals on youtube...any links? TY.

Quote Originally Posted by Krislite View Post
    To answer the original post, no. She's not a threat, but she has an outside shot for the podium if some skaters falter. I see a top 10 finish for her in Sochi if she keeps it together.
    I know it's nationals but she won with a total score of 207.28, at least comparable to Gracie's score (are these scores to be believed?). Perhaps a future Canadian, American rivalry?

If Osmond gets the team gold or silver medal at Sochi, I think this could help Osmond in the individual event.

Quote Originally Posted by RABID View Post
    I know it's nationals but she won with a total score of 207.28, at least comparable to Gracie's score (are these scores to be believed?). Perhaps a future Canadian, American rivalry?
    Gracie is also an outside shot at the podium--but she finished better at Worlds than Osmond and has the greater base value in both SP and LP, so I think her chances are slightly better than Osmond's. As for the scores, no. It's highly unlike she'll score 210+ internationally, for now at least.

Custom Title
    I watched Kaetlyn last night at Nats. I was there and she has such charisma and charm within her skating that I couldn't take my eyes off her. If she skates like she did last night, I can see her being at least in the top 10 and perhaps even better. She's just coming off some rather serious injuries, so she has one more month to train and prepare. I've never seen any skater perform with such joy of what they're doing. That's half the battle won. I was very impressed. Oh, I think she deserved her marks. She's the real thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Krislite View Post
    Gracie is also an outside shot at the podium--but she finished better at Worlds than Osmond and has the greater base value in both SP and LP, so I think her chances are slightly better than Osmond's. As for the scores, no. It's highly unlike she'll score 210+ internationally, for now at least.
    The judges are also more farmiliar with Gracie than Osmond now as Osmond had to sit out earlier this season, which fairly or not will help.

I think Osmond is a top 10 contender for sure, maybe top 6 or 7, but not top 3 this year unless at least 5 or 6 other people make more than one mistake and she is flawless.

Custom Title
    I see a top 10 finish being in the cards for her. Maybe 6th or 5th if a couple top skaters fall apart. I don't know what the next quad will bring as Daleman is nipping at her heels and who knows who else will step it up at Nationals? But I consider myself a fan of Osmond. She's the kind of skater I don't care where she finishes. She's simply a delight to watch.

LEAVE EDMUNDS ALONE!!1!
    I was surprised by how well Osmond skated at Nationals, given her injury problems this season. I hope she can have a top 10 finish in Sochi. I love the spark and attack she shows in her performances.

not a threat unless she is a terrorist.

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~ Ladskater's Avatar
    Wow, what negative thinking. Give the girl a chance. Kaetlyn is still "the new kid on the block" and was off most of the season due to injury. I believe she will skate well and will make the top five at least. Hey, no one expected Elizabeth Manley to be on the radar for a medal at the Calgary 1988 Olympics and she had the skate of her life and ended up with the Silver. Who can predict what will happen at the Olympics? Go Kaetlyn!

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast