Ladies - Final Results | Golden Skate

Ladies - Final Results

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
CONGRATS TO JULIA!!:)

She's always had the talent, and in the last couple of seasons she was also able to demonstrate she could put together a good long and a good short in the same competition. Good for her! And to win it in her home town, too! The crowd must have been ecstatic!

Antilles

Medalist
Wow. Awesome for her. Nice to see Liashenko do well, too. Sokolova must have had a good long.

STL_Blues_fan

Final Flight
I am so happy for Elena Sokolova! I am very proud of her to come back after 6th in the short and to claim a medal. Russian Federation must be happy too, to get medals in all 4 disciplines. Do they get to keep 3 spots for the ladies, or is just 2 now?

Yana

Evdokia

On the Ice
Antilles said:
Wow. Awesome for her. Nice to see Liashenko do well, too. Sokolova must have had a good long.

Sokolova did 2 Triple-Triple-combinations. :)

sk8m8

Final Flight
Formula

As it stands now, I believe the magic number for sending 3 skaters back to a competition is 14. For example, If England had two ladies competing that placed 6th and 7th respectively, then they would be given an additional member to their team since the total of their placements would be 13. However, if they placed 7th and 8th they would keep 2 memebers since their combined placements would be 15, one over the magic number.

In the same way, ANY country that has a medalist and another skater in the top ten, automatically gets another team bearth.

This, allegedly, lets counties with deep fields to keep sending 3 team members to the competition. The poster above is correct, Russian ladies will not be able to send an additional member to the competition next year because Liashenko medaled, but there was not another Russian lady in the top 10.

There are also "magic numbers" to send 2 members, as well, and I think that number may be somewhere between 18 &21. In most cases, one of the skaters MUST place in the top ten to achieve this.

Hope this explains rather than confuses.

Kasey

Medalist
Good job for Sokolova, to come back in the long...and also nice to see Meier finish in the top ten...

Kasey

Re: Formula

sk8m8 said:

In the same way, ANY country that has a medalist and another skater in the top ten, automatically gets another team bearth.

This, allegedly, lets counties with deep fields to keep sending 3 team members to the competition. The poster above is correct, Russian ladies will not be able to send an additional member to the competition next year because Liashenko medaled, but there was not another Russian lady in the top 10.

Sk8m8 - I think you meand Sokolova and not Liashenko (Uriaine). but your point is well taken. Now for two skaters next year, Sokolova in third place satisfies the criteria for sending 2 katers. Am I correct?

Now does Hungary get 3 skaters? Their total is 1 + 4.

Joe

Antilles

Medalist
I can't believe Sebestyn won at home. I want to see this on TV next week. She and the crowd must have been ecstatic.

kappa_1

On the Ice
Wow I just downloaded Pavuk's SP and all I can say is yeah! I hope she sticks around cus I think I just found myself another fav. from Europe. I guess she could need a little more refining, but I like what I'm seein', and it's not a bad result for her.Can't wait to see the programs on TV, all I need is a working VCR:\ .

Congrats to Sebesteyen, and major congrats to Sokolova, I think this puts her as a contender for Worlds.

Last edited:

dewet

Final Flight
chania36 said:
Can someone tell me where was Viktoria Volchkova???
Due to finishing 6th at Russian Nationals with a poor skate, Volchkova did not qualify for the Russian team.

Kenji

Rinkside
question about ladies

Does Finland get 3 spots for the ladies next season? And does Hungary?

And does anyone know the download site? Please tell me!

hockeyfan228

Record Breaker
Re: question about ladies

Kenji said:
Does Finland get 3 spots for the ladies next season? And does Hungary?
Yes to both. (Poykio + Drei = 13; Sebestyen + Pavuk = 5. Both are less than 14.)

Evdokia

On the Ice
dewet said:
Due to finishing 6th at Russian Nationals with a poor skate, Volchkova did not qualify for the Russian team.

Vika had a poor skate indeed, however due to the flu she skated with high temperature. What I've red in an article, Viktor Kudriavtzsev said, she might still get a spot for Worlds in Dortmund if she can show Russian Fed officials that she is back on form in time. (I'm sure they won't risk loosing their third spot for Worlds in 2005 which will take place in Moscow and with the placements of Oblasova and Basova in Budapest it sounds quite reasonable to give Vika another chance.)

nokas

Rinkside
details :
1-sebestyen (3salko; 3lutz,2too; 3loop; 2lutz; 3flip; 3too,2too; 2axel)
2-liashenko(3lutz,2too; 3flip; 3too; 3flip,2too; 3salko; 3lutz; 2axel)
3-sokolova(3lutz,3too; 3flip; 3loop,3too; 3loop; 2lutz; 2axel)
4-pavuk(3lutz,3too; 3loop; 3flip; 2axel; 3lutz; 3salko; 3too)
5-kostner(3loop; 3flip,3too; 3lutz,2too; 3salko; 3too;2axel)
6-pokyo(3lutz,2too; 2flip,2too; 3too; 2axel; 3loop; 3flip; 3salko+/-
7-drei(2lutz; 3too,3too; 3loop; 3lutz(crash); 3flip+/-; 3salko; 2axel)
8-lautowa(1lutz; 3flip; 3loop; 3too,2too; 3lutz(crash); 3salko; 3too; 2axel)
9-babiakova(2axel+/-; 3lutz,2too; 3flip(2foot); 2salko; 3loop; 3salko; 2too)
10-meier(3lutz,2too; 3loop; 3flip; 3salko; 3too,2too; 2lutz; crash in the steps; 2axel+/-)
(...)
14-mccorkell(3lutz,2too; 3flip; 2axel; 3too; 3loop; 3salko,2too; 1salko)