Ladies - Final Results | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Ladies - Final Results

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
Matt said:
Does Hungary have enough female skaters to fill three spots?

In addition to Sebestyen and Pavuk, they also have Diana Poth, who finished 7th at NHK and also placed 10th at the 98 Worlds and 11th in 99. They might also still have Tamara Dorofejev, who was 19th at the 2001 Worlds and also went last year but didn't get out of Qualifying. She's been AWOL this season, tho, so I don't know if she's just injured or if she's retired.

Tamas

Spectator
Dorofejev changed her coach twice in the last year, that's why she hasn't got the time for competing internationally. Perhaps next season. By the way, she was third at this years' Nationals.

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
Tamas --

Thanks for the info. I was wondering what happened to her since I hadn't seen any mention of her at all this season.

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
Evdokia said:
Vika had a poor skate indeed, however due to the flu she skated with high temperature. What I've red in an article, Viktor Kudriavtzsev said, she might still get a spot for Worlds in Dortmund if she can show Russian Fed officials that she is back on form in time. (I'm sure they won't risk loosing their third spot for Worlds in 2005 which will take place in Moscow and. with the placements of Oblasova and Basova in Budapest it sounds quite reasonable to give Vika another chance.)
Russian federation is indeed rather unfortunate in regards to it team. #2 is Soldatova, who cannot represent Russia because of citizenship issues; #4 is Gershkovich, who is too young to participate in ISU senior events. So they are stuck selecting the 3d member of the team from #5 and lower. Considering that Vika is now with Kudryatszev (actually, with Marina Kudryavtseva, but that's almost the same), they may send her over Basova. Overall, Vika's credentials are much better than Tatiana's

sk8m8

Final Flight
To answer Joe and others questions about the number of participants that countries get to send....They will get to send additonal skaters TO THE COMPETITION WHERE THEY WON, i.e. the Finnish Ladies will get to send 3 ladies back to the Europeans, but will have to perfom similarly at worlds to get 3 ladies on the world team.

This is far more important at Europeans since it is a long standing event that carries some importance. While the 4CC seems to be a lowere tiered event and the placements don't seem to have as much relevance.

I think there is a stipulation that if only one skater is representing a country and makes the top 10, that country automatically gets an additional comptetor at Worlds, but the following year, the
< than 13 or 14 rule applies.

John King

Final Flight
Ladies Final Results

Hurray Cupcake!I'm glad Elena got a medal,after the difficulties that had more than one person write her off.

thisthingcalledlove

Final Flight
results

nice to see cupcake come back after a near-disasterous season. too bad russia didn't get to send soldatova to euros.

nice to see 8th place lautowa back in competition, and doing well!

Thanks sk8m8 for the info on qualifying more than one at Euros and Worlds.

As for4C, the top tier US Ladies and Men are not really interested in getting the extra practice in. But it was good for Evan and it would have been nice for Bebe.

Joe

supersk8er

Rinkside
Wow...what a strong event! When I saw that Kostner was down in sixth, I thought she must have skated horribly...but she skated quite well. That would have been a wicked event to watch.

icenut84

Final Flight
nokas said:
details :
1-sebestyen (3salko; 3lutz,2too; 3loop; 2lutz; 3flip; 3too,2too; 2axel)
2-liashenko(3lutz,2too; 3flip; 3too; 3flip,2too; 3salko; 3lutz; 2axel)
3-sokolova(3lutz,3too; 3flip; 3loop,3too; 3loop; 2lutz; 2axel)

Sokolova's second 3-3 was a 3salchow/3toe, not a 3loop/3toe. She also finished second in the free behind Sebestyen, to take the bronze overall.

For whoever asked - yes, the atmosphere was amazing with the Hungary crowd and Julia & Viktoria so high up! Apparently every newspaper and magazine had Julia on it after the SP too, and there was so much pressure on her (I don't think Hungary has ever won ladies gold at Euros before), but she handled it and skated great. She was so happy in the K&C when she found out she won! :)