Saturday | Golden Skate

Saturday

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Ill take on starting the thread for CoyoteChris. :)

Anyway, made it to two practice groups this morning. Group A was awesome -- Jason, Max, Stephen, Doug and Scott Dyer. I ended up meeting these two really nice families from Cambridge who decided to attend the practices as a Saturday morning activity. They didn't know a lot about the skaters, so I played tour guide. It was really fun and the kids were so ADORABLE! They got autographs of all the skaters. I made sure the girl told Jason that she like his spins because when I asked what she liked best about Jason she's was like "I like how he spins in the center so well and fast!" Basically both families were quite impressed with Jason the most to the point where one of them is thinking of coming to the Men's Free Skate tomorrow! Yay!

Both Max and Jason looked great. Jason did a cleanish free skate -- the only error was a turnout on his second 3A....but then he later did a couple nice 3A-3T, 3Z-1L-3S, ran through a few of his sequences. Probably the most funny moment is that he completes the second axel then his practices pants were starting to slouch down a bit so he somehow manages to pull them up as he's heading to the end of the rink and then just started his step sequence as usual. Wardrobe malfunction avoided. :laugh:

Max's new Carmen looked much improved. The music cuts work much better for him and he was pretty clean on the jumps. Definitely a better fit for him than his SP for sure. I enjoyed his step sequences quite a bit. I hope he can do a solid program tomorrow!

Got to meet Max and Jason afterwards. Max was quite friendly and he gladly signed the trading cards I had of him (thanks golden411.) This woman made this doll of Jason in his FS outfit. OMG, it was so cute and she was absolute overcome when she got to give it to him! Got a few photos of Jason and his doll. :) Anyway, he is so gracious. He kept saying "thank you" and so happy that people loved his skating. And when I mentioned that I was a total Kori fan girl, he enthusiastically said, "Oh, do you want me to introduce you to her?" So I got to gush to Kori about how much I admired her as a coach and she was just as gracious and kind. And Jason took a photo of me of her. :biggrin:

No doubt Jason had a mob of fans! I ended up catching up with these lovely Japanese fans I met at Skate America in 2012 and we talked easily for 15 minutes and then she's like, "Oh Jason is still there!" And sure enough, he willingly stayed for every fan. The kid's a charmer, no doubt. I think he's actually a bit starstruck and getting used to the fact that he has a following.

I caught most of hte Group 2 practice, which was Ross, Richard, Keegan, Brandon Mroz and Robert Przepsioski. Ross wore a "Boston Strong" shirt and skated through his FS. I thought it had some very lovely moments. It wasn't totally clean, but he pulled out some jumps. Richard's FS is gorgeous and it will be great to see that performed to it's full potential. His step sequence is lovely.

So a good morning was had by all. :)

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Love all your great details, Mrs. P.

Teared up when I read your comments about meeting the wonderful Jason and Kori. Soooo happy that you were able to chat with both.
(I was thinking of you when I watched the Men's SP presser on IN. Jason's remarks were lovely, of course.)

Someone tweeted something about Jason's wardrobe almost-malfunction ... but didn't indicate that it happened during practice. Until I read your post, I was scratching my head/chin :scratch: :think: wondering whether he had to adjust his pants during his SP last night. :laugh:

Glad to hear that friendly Max's revamped FS looks promising. :)

I hope that Mr. P is enjoying the competition as much as you are!

emma

Record Breaker
Fantastic to read all of these event details! And, I'm so happy that you are having such a great time! I teared up too reading the part about meeting jason's coach! Wow, what a lovely moment and memory. I really cannot wait to see these LPs!

Matilda

Medalist
Ill take on starting the thread for CoyoteChris.

Anyway, made it to two practice groups this morning. Group A was awesome -- Jason, Max, Stephen, Doug and Scott Dyer. I ended up meeting these two really nice families from Cambridge who decided to attend the practices as a Saturday morning activity. They didn't know a lot about the skaters, so I played tour guide. It was really fun and the kids were so ADORABLE! They got autographs of all the skaters. I made sure the girl told Jason that she like his spins because when I asked what she liked best about Jason she's was like "I like how he spins in the center so well and fast!" Basically both families were quite impressed with Jason the most to the point where one of them is thinking of coming to the Men's Free Skate tomorrow! Yay!

Both Max and Jason looked great. Jason did a cleanish free skate -- the only error was a turnout on his second 3A....but then he later did a couple nice 3A-3T, 3Z-1L-3S, ran through a few of his sequences. Probably the most funny moment is that he completes the second axel then his practices pants were starting to slouch down a bit so he somehow manages to pull them up as he's heading to the end of the rink and then just started his step sequence as usual. Wardrobe malfunction avoided.

Max's new Carmen looked much improved. The music cuts work much better for him and he was pretty clean on the jumps. Definitely a better fit for him than his SP for sure. I enjoyed his step sequences quite a bit. I hope he can do a solid program tomorrow!

Got to meet Max and Jason afterwards. Max was quite friendly and he gladly signed the trading cards I had of him (thanks golden411.) This woman made this doll of Jason in his FS outfit. OMG, it was so cute and she was absolute overcome when she got to give it to him! Got a few photos of Jason and his doll. Anyway, he is so gracious. He kept saying "thank you" and so happy that people loved his skating. And when I mentioned that I was a total Kori fan girl, he enthusiastically said, "Oh, do you want me to introduce you to her?" So I got to gush to Kori about how much I admired her as a coach and she was just as gracious and kind. And Jason took a photo of me of her. :biggrin:

No doubt Jason had a mob of fans! I ended up catching up with these lovely Japanese fans I met at Skate America in 2012 and we talked easily for 15 minutes and then she's like, "Oh Jason is still there!" And sure enough, he willingly stayed for every fan. The kid's a charmer, no doubt. I think he's actually a bit starstruck and getting used to the fact that he has a following.

I caught most of hte Group 2 practice, which was Ross, Richard, Keegan, Brandon Mroz and Robert Przepsioski. Ross wore a "Boston Strong" shirt and skated through his FS. I thought it had some very lovely moments. It wasn't totally clean, but he pulled out some jumps. Richard's FS is gorgeous and it will be great to see that performed to it's full potential. His step sequence is lovely.

So a good morning was had by all. :)

Thanks for the report! Seems like Jason and Max hang out together a lot. We ran into them last year in OMaha after the SP and they were simply adorable :) I love the story about Jason introducing you to Kori! What an amazing team he and Kori are! :love:

Good to hear Ricky looked good too. I hope he has as terrific a FS as he had a SP! :)

SaraM

Final Flight
Country
Norway
Your description of jason and kori so true reminds me of when i met them in paris. Glad to hear that they are
Still grounded and nice to there fans :)

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
US skating Needs People like Jason for many reasons . It feels so good when good things happen to good people .
(I will wisely leave skatin' details to Mrs P).
Temp in arena lower bowl is holding at 60 to 62 degrees on my recording digital thermometer. So far my damaged lungs are holding up! I think I saw a penguin but it flew away before I got my camera out...bummer.