Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: 2014 Canadian Nationals Senior Ladies FS

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by kerufin View Post
    She already has two 3T in her program right now so she just can't put a third one without changing other elements.
    Thanks! But does that count if the 3T is in combination? Now she does 2A3T and 3 T alone? Combinations are generally done with T or Loop. There are 3 combinations in a FP...

Custom Title
    Neither Osmond nor Daleman seemed at all affected by the pressure of Nationals. They both has the right amount of attack and really went for it.

I love Mallet's calmness, her genuine smile, and the fact that she really seems to enjoy skating.

Chartrand had an ambitious technical program, which I loved seeing, and although she missed some jumps, she went for it.

I wonder if it'll be LaCoste, Chartrand and Mallet at 4CC...

I missed Julianne's skate, but she's also doing junior pairs. With her jumping ability, that should definitely benefits the SBS jumps!

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabrina View Post
    Thanks! But does that count if the 3T is in combination? Now she does 2A3T and 3 T alone? Combinations are generally done with T or Loop. There are 3 combinations in a FP...
    Her jumps in the program are 3F+2T, 2A+3T, 3Lz // 3S, 3F, 3T+2T+2T, 2A - there are 2 3F, 3T and 2A and she has maxed out what she currently has without a 3Lo. She has to put a 3Lo in if she wants to keep put in 3F+3T while keeping 2A+3T at the same time. Or she has to change the 2A+3T to 2A+2T to include a 3F+3T.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Scout View Post
    Neither Osmond nor Daleman seemed at all affected by the pressure of Nationals. They both has the right amount of attack and really went for it.

And that's exactly why Osmond is a champion — she has the nerves for it. She goes out there with a sparkling smile and you can see how much she's loving the opportunity to compete and perform. So many Canadian ladies in the past have not had this ability.

Daleman was great. Impressive technical content. She still needs work on the presentation side, but that can be learned and she has a great foundation. Exciting to see, and the Olympics and presumably worlds will be excellent experience for her. It would be fantastic to see a rivalry develop with Osmond and Daleman pushing each other.

Custom Title
    I have no idea what in the world is going on in Canada. Seems like no interest on these boards. I think Osmond should be lauded but surely some careful planning she can get seven triples in. She just needs a bit more endurance. and if she can do the triple lutz like she did tonite she should do it in the short but if the flip is so much more ocnsistent then I can see why but the newer scoring really downplays the flip I think and emphasizes the lutz. Still nice work. And the dress is a huge improvement.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_ice View Post
    Whatever, the only reason I wrote because golden skate required to register due to high volume, before I was just a lurker. Too bad my first post was negative. I hope Osmond can jump in Olympics, because double-doubles are only good for Tim Hortons. I give credit to other girls who weren't afraid to attempt 3+3
    Does it require you to post as well???

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by SGrand View Post
    Does it require you to post as well???
    Don't like it - don't read it. Walk by.

Custom Title
    Thanks for the reports everyone! I'm so frustrated that nothing was shown on CTV this year. This is the first time since I was 10 that I've had to miss the nationals. And I"m disappointed that there aren't any videos either on TSN's site (just highlights) nor YouTube. Last year's Nationals still aren't up. I'd think that CTV/TSN is taking them down as people put them up but this year's Skate Canada has videos up so I don't see why they'd care more about one competition than the other. I can't imagine nationals' ratings are significantly higher than Skate Canada's.

Anyways, congrats to Osmond and Daleman! I think they are the most exciting skaters in the post-Rochette era. Lacoste has a lovely, mature style but I find her so dull and a bit of that deer-inthe-headlights look at many of the competitions. I couldn't watch this competition so I can't comment on that, of course. I do feel badly for her about her most likely missing the Olympics. I"m also sorry to hear that Chartrand seemed to have a mini-blow up. I think she has to be the potential to be a good wing-man to the Osmond/Daleman team. I'm not familiar with Mallet though I think I CTV showed highlights of her skate during Skate Canada's broadcast. Our ladies will never have the depth of the States but I'm happy with the ladies rising to the top right now.

I hope Osmond can get that 3-3 into her repetoire soon. It's starting to become a requirement. Though this year her season has been bit of a toss due to her injuries. I"m sort of releived by that so hopefully Skate Canada and any crazy fans can keep the pressure and expectations off of her right now. I've always thought that 2018 would be the more realistic goal. She is already able to represent us well. I see her having a top 10 finish which would be fantastic.

On the Ice
    Thanks for the reports here. Does anyone know what jumps Najarro completed in her LP? The protocols aren't up on the Skate Canada website, and I can't see any videos anywhere. If you pay for the Skate Canada streaming package can you watch all of the performances on archive? Or only the ones not shown by TSN? So frustrating, as ALL of the US Nationals performances are up on YouTube already.

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by martipellow2 View Post
    Thanks for the reports here. Does anyone know what jumps Najarro completed in her LP? The protocols aren't up on the Skate Canada website, and I can't see any videos anywhere. If you pay for the Skate Canada streaming package can you watch all of the performances on archive? Or only the ones not shown by TSN? So frustrating, as ALL of the US Nationals performances are up on YouTube already.
    103,14 (!) for: 3T-2T, 2F, 3T, 2A-2T-2T-, 3S-2T & 3S

http://results.skatecanada.ca/livere...strSegment=261

On the Ice
    Thanks for posting the link! Nice to see her skate a clean program, even with lower difficulty

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3