Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2014 Canadian Nationals Senior Pairs FS

Constable , Costume Police colleen o'neill's Avatar

0 Not allowed!

2014 Canadian Nationals Senior Pairs FS

Hoping for more of the same ..woo hoo!

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    Shalena is young - which I knew, but I didn't realize Rob was 24. By skating with him, she won't be eligible for junior international events. That seems like a lot to give up.

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    Most anticipated event of the week-end for me. Hard fought battle for 1st and 3rd, which is awesome. I don't really care who wins (both MTM or DR deserve it and I hope both teams get to compete in the team event) but I would like to see Purich and Tran sneak in third. They are doing great for such a young pair and it would be great to finally see Tran compete for Canada in a big event. I also have a soft spot for Tiny Dancer for some reason and I'd like to see it in Sochi.

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    It's going to be bittersweet. I already saw tears from Caydee, and Amelie looked heart broken. It'll be tough for whoever comes it fourth.

I really hope MTM and D/R both bring it, although I'm hoping MTM come out on top. Hear's to hoping for four great skates!

Rinkside

0 Not allowed!
    Final flight on the ice! I will try to post results as they happen.

0 Not allowed!
    I have such a soft spot for Mervin after how he was treated by the JSF. His new hair makes him look more mature. A couple mistakes from them but I hope maybe they'll get an outside chance for 3rd?

Rinkside

0 Not allowed!
    Purich and Tran:
    3Tw clean
    SBS 3T+2T - nice
    Th3S
    SBS 3S - she stumbles
    Th3L? - low throw, she falls
    spins and lifts all very nice - especially last lift

A couple of mistakes, but a lovely skate.
    FS 110.36 (170.40 total)

Rinkside

0 Not allowed!
    Whether they make the Olympic
    team or not, Purich and Tran have a bright future.

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    Loved Purich and Tran's program, despite the mistakes. Granted life is beautiful is one of my favorite movie, so I also really loved the choice of music. Really loving that team, they have a ton of potential.

L & S get the Olympic spot, sad for Purich and Tran.

Rinkside

0 Not allowed!
    Sorry, guys, this site keeps crashing on me!
    Lawrence and Swiegers:

Overall very good skate.
    3T - she falls
    Lift problem - down after 1 rotation
    Th3Lz was excellent!

FS 114.
    (missed it)

Rinkside

0 Not allowed!
    MTM:

Shaky start with the Dylan's fall on the first 3T. He had to bail on the second 3T altogether.
    But, overall - GORGEOUS. Love these two.

FS 134.48
    209.44 total

Custom Title

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Near View Post
    Loved Purich and Tran's program, despite the mistakes. Granted life is beautiful is one of my favorite movie, so I also really loved the choice of music. Really loving that team, they have a ton of potential.

L & S get the Olympic spot, sad for Purich and Tran.
    Happy for L&S, but for my money I would have sent Purich and Tran. Huge potential for these two, who, in my opinion have that elusive "it" factor. I hope they stick around for a long time.

M-T/M — I'm hoping for them to win. Fingers crossed after the fall on the 3t.

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by rain View Post
    Happy for L&S, but for my money I would have sent Purich and Tran. Huge potential for these two, who, in my opinion have that elusive "it" factor. I hope they stick around for a long time.

M-T/M — I'm hoping for them to win. Fingers crossed after the fall on the 3t.
    I mean, don't get me wrong. L&S earned it. I just feel that P&T (if they stay together) will be Canada's number one pair in 2018 and it would have been beneficial for them to get Olympic experience. Hopefully they make worlds.

Rinkside

0 Not allowed!
    DR:

Extraordinary beginning. Beautiful flow and creativity in the choreo.
    SBS3Lz amazing.
    She fell on the 3S in their 3S+2T combo.
    A little slow on the final lift.
    Stunning program. Hypnotizing to watch.

FS 137.82 (Canadian Record)
    213.62 total

Custom Title

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Near View Post
    I mean, don't get me wrong. L&S earned it. I just feel that P&T (if they stay together) will be Canada's number one pair in 2018 and it would have been beneficial for them to get Olympic experience. Hopefully they make worlds.
    I completely agree with you, no worries. P&T are the future if they stick it out together. How far they've come in such a short period of time is incredible and with a bit more experience under their belts, the sky's the limit.

On another note, did Tran ever hit the jackpot. I thought it'd be tough for him to find a new partner who could get up to his level, but Natasha Purich is a find. She, of course, hit the jackpot to, lol. Not too many world bronze medalists hanging around suddenly looking for a new partner.

Oh well, M-T/M second again. Certainly a fair result — D/R have a ridiculous amount of difficulty in their elements. I guess I just wish they were a little more polished and elegant along with it. But two really strong teams going to Sochi.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast