ABC's Coverage | Golden Skate

ABC's Coverage

brenlynn

On the Ice
wow. abc really sucks at covering 4CC. i am assuming they're just replaying what they showed today on ESPN2 tomorrow. what a shame. way to not show any pairs at all, just highlites. i guess this years coverage was a lot better than last seasons, but it really sucks we get more coverage of euros then we do 4CC. i would have liked them to at least show all the americans in the event... anyone else disappointed, or just me?

Lucy25

Final Flight
Thank God for the CBC coverage, because here in Detroit we didn't get any ABC coverage today! It's all basketball all the time here.

JOHIO2

Medalist
No, brenlynn, you are not alone in feeling ABC gave 4Cs the short end of the stick. I too would have liked to at least see ALL the US competitors and at least the medalists' long program in pairs. I know we should be satisfied to at least see SOME, but I feel their effort wasn't even an attempt to cover the event.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I am particularly upset that the pairs weren't shown. After all, P&T and Z&Z are top ranked couples. I always like to see them skate. (and I would like to have seen M&B, whom I haven't seen skate that well before).

But at least I got to see Ota and Phaneuf.

dpp

Verbalgirl77

On the Ice
Littlewild1 said:
Ah, but they're not North American.:rolleye: If they were American or Canadian, we would have seen them.

Tell that to S&D, O&L, I&B, GR&M, Ryan Jahnke, Ryan Bradley, and Jenny Don.

brenlynn

On the Ice
i definetly think they should have shown at least all of the americans. i think the thing that totally rubbed me the wrong way was that there was no mention of the US pairs teams at all, and we did have a team that finished in 4th. it would have been nice to at least seen some clips of our pairs teams along with what place they finished in. i understand they weren't too outstanding in the way they placed, but none the less it made me wonder if we even sent any americans?! at least i was there in person to see it all, so i know who did what and all that jazz, but i think they definetly shafted the rest of the us competitors, and ALL pairs in that matter.

i didn't watch it all, did they even mention ryan bradley or jenny don? i know they mentioned loren and david, but i didn't hear them mention ryan or jenny.

im contemplating emailing abc, not that they'll give a crap, but i'd at least like to get that off my chest. but, like i said, at least it was better then last years coverage, but i suppose that's only because we (the US) won more medals.

ABC is incredible, and you can bet if that Basketball game went into overtime, they would keep showing it.

Now for my view of the competition:

The MEN Mathman, I culd use a review of my algebra with Permutations and Combinations. I believe the top 3 could be shuffled around as 6 different outcomes. And that is the way I felt about the final placements. I wouldn't have debated if any of the top 3 were in any other possible order.

As I see it for Lysacek, he will be part of the growing stockpile of male figure skters for the US. At 18, and almost 6 ft, and the longest legs in figure skating, he will be noticed. This 4C was a good experience for a first time senior in international competition.

The LADIES And speaking of first time in senior international competition, wow, for Cynthia Phaneouf. This gal has star quality. I'm thinking ahead and I see her stacking up against Meisner. Their rivalry and there will be one may just squeak one or the other onto the podium in Turin.

Yukina was lovely - how could she not be with those arms! And Amber got another medal this year. But oh, Angela. What can I say. I would like to have seen Joannie Rochette but you know how ABC is.

There were no Pairs. Hmmm.

The Dance, too was limited, however, I am getting more more interested in Gregory and Petukhov.

I can't imagine what ABC will show for Euros.

Joe

Antilles

Medalist
I was incredibly surpised ABC even showed the dance. It's usually just the singles. Maybe with B&A hunting for a World medal, we'll continue to see more dance.

I was at the event, so I don't feel as annoyed, but yes, ABC coverage does suck. The feed here in Southern Ontario was crap. It kept cutting out and had background noise. Surprised me Jahnke didn't get shown.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I wanted to see Wing and Lowe just to see how they skated, I've never been overly impressed with their skating... I wanted to see if G/P got the fair end of the placements LOL

Antilles

Medalist
G&P were fairly placed. They had a couple of minor errors, and W&L skated like they couldn't put a foot wrong. It was one of the best performances I have ever seen them do.

brenlynn

On the Ice
i agree, wing and lowe had an amazing program! the placements between w&l and g&p were definetly fair.

I was disappointed with the coverage as well.....after a 2 week dry spell, I sit down to enjoy some skating and got basicly a tease. Pairs definately should not have been left out of the airing and more American's should have been shown, IMO.

LarasB

Rinkside
I too was disappointed with ABC's coverage of 4C. I would like to have seen the pairs competition, even if it was just the top 2 or top 3, it was very bad coverage, and I think the only reason they showed ice dance is because there's an American team that won the gold.

hockeyfan228

Record Breaker
Especially since Pang/Tong's and Zhang/Zhang's LP's were among the best performances of the competition.