Thread: Polina Edmunds

Banned

Polina Edmunds

Congrats on making it to the Olympics
    from Jr. National Champion to an Olympian in just a year
    beating veterans like Mirai and Wagner

what is the future for this talented Russian-American girl

Medalist
    Not so fast there is a question according to Usfsa if her Jr. scores can used to qualify Olympics

Custom Title
    What's Polina's background? Why was she not sent to participate in senior GP for 2013-2014 season, like the Russian girls? Is this not a common practice by USFS or did Polina suddenly emerged out of nowhere this season?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by luckykid View Post
    What's Polina's background? Why was she not sent to participate in senior GP for 2013-2014 season, like the Russian girls? Is this not a common practice by USFS or did Polina suddenly emerged out of nowhere this season?
    Polina even though she won Junior Nationals last year hadn't even been on the JGP yet so she needed the experience plus she wasn't going to get many assignments as a Senior. She should have gone to Junior Worlds though last year instead of someone like Yasmin Siraj.

Keeper of the Kweens OGM. MK's Winter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    Polina even though she won Junior Nationals last year hadn't even been on the JGP yet so she needed the experience plus she wasn't going to get many assignments as a Senior. She should have gone to Junior Worlds though last year instead of someone like Yasmin Siraj.
    Polina has. She won her 2 events and finished 4th in the JGF.

LEAVE EDMUNDS ALONE!!1!
    I still can't believe that USFS didn't select her for the JGP last season, which she clearly deserved based on her summer competition performances. She went on to comfortably win Junior Nationals.

Congrats USFS for slowing down the development of your most promising young skater. Who knows, had she done the JGP series last season, she might have had high enough a total score to qualify for GP this season.

Custom Title
    I can't believe that last season, even after wining the junior nationals, they didn't send her to junior worlds. If she is now sent to the Olympics, it may be quite a shock for her, because the amount of people in the audience at JGP events are incomparable to such a huge event as Olympics. So that may affect her performance.

I'm gonna Customize the CRAP out of this Title!!! Frenchie's Avatar
    My head is starting to hurt from having to check out all these different new threads that pretty much all talk about the same subject...

I saw a post in another of sky_fly's new threads that Polina Edmunds won the US JNC last year and wasn't sent to JWC.
    After loads of research, I deemed this thread to be the best suited to post this question:

Why wasn't she? Was there a statement from the USFSA to explain that decision? Anyone?

Banned
    article about Polina's silver medal http://www.mercurynews.com/sports/ci...-skating-world

I didn't know Frank Caroll is also one of Polina's coaches

Competing in Sochi would be a special moment for the Edmunds. Polina's mother and coach, Nina Edmunds, grew up in Russia. She taught skating there for six years before meeting American tourist John Edmunds and moving to the Bay Area.

"It's always been my dream to go to the Olympics in 2014 because my mom's family lives in Russia," Polina Edmunds said.

She reminded reporters Saturday night that Tara Lipinski also was 15 when she outperformed Kwan to win the gold medal at the 1998 Nagano Games. That's Edmunds' pitch to become the first Bay Area singles competitor to qualify for the Winter Olympics since Kristi Yamaguchi in 1992.
    Polina deserves a place in the Team for Sochi

Custom Title
    I don't know what her past history is, but if this week is anything to judge by, she's where she needs to be right now. I know she still looks a bit juniorish, but she also clearly has uncommon musicality, and she's able to keep up with the technical demands of a senior program. Her use of her arms, and her ability to execute the little extra steps and grace notes that Klimova put into her program, show that she can become a truly complete skater. I don't know whether she'll get a place on this year's Olympic team, because things are agonizingly confusing thanks to Ashley's fourth-place finish, but one way or another she deserves a place on the world stage. I know that people have been getting excited about Julia Lipnitskaya this year, and I enjoyed her Schindler's List program a great deal, but even she didn't touch me the way Edmunds did with that Grieg long program yesterday evening. There's something amazing there, and I hope she continues to grow and improve.

Custom Title
    ^^

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ingofan1 View Post
    Not so fast there is a question according to Usfsa if her Jr. scores can used to qualify Olympics

Seems like a simple phone call will take care of that, BUT why in the h**L didn't they check that before they put her on the team?

Custom Title
    She stands little chance of medaling, but this experience can prove invaluable to her in the next quadrennial.

You wonder if the judges will give her junior-level PCS scores and senior PCS scores within the same season?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie View Post
    My head is starting to hurt from having to check out all these different new threads that pretty much all talk about the same subject...

I saw a post in another of sky_fly's new threads that Polina Edmunds won the US JNC last year and wasn't sent to JWC.
    After loads of research, I deemed this thread to be the best suited to post this question:

Why wasn't she? Was there a statement from the USFSA to explain that decision? Anyone?
    I think the answer is simple. They thought Hicks, Siraj and Cesario are more promising.

I'm gonna Customize the CRAP out of this Title!!! Frenchie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyguy View Post
    I think the answer is simple. They thought Hicks, Siraj and Cesario are more promising.
    So they had 3 spots and they didn't even give one of them to the actual winner?
    Wow. I guess I'm just "joining the ranks" of all those who were shocked by this, but if anyone has any more insight on what went on, I'd like to know.
    Because this sounds really extremely weird to me... I mean, it's not like they only had 1 spot... Or even 2...

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast