The Worst Programs...

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Re: Re: Worst Performance

Rgirl said:
BTW, I do wear skirts. I just don't wear panties. Helps with all that careful listening I do.
Rgirl
Rgirl, whatever are we to do with you?:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Dee

Tenorguy

On the Ice
Oh yeah - Urmanov

Jaana - thank you for the reminder. Actually, I have liked Urmanov's skating in the past....... but that particular program went far beyond Eurostrangeness for me.

Anyone out there catch the European champs? Some really great skating - big ups to Joubert and Klimkin (despite some mistakes) was great - his spins are just so good. My fav was the back attitude spin done on the flat of the blade. It just doesn't get more postmodern than that!

Rgirl - I knew the movie was in trouble when during the Grant Avenue number, the choreographer slipped in move where the dancers help up their index and middle fingers to one eye, splayed a al chopstix (one half of the infamous Batman dance). OK - thar she blows! Have to admit though, loved the dream sequence ballet..... but then I'm a sucker for the Rogers and Hammerstein dream sequences (must be in the "family" genes).

Tenorguy

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
I have no idea where this thread is heading, but I had to pop in and say "Hi!" to Tenorguy.............we missed you.....:) 42

Tenorguy

On the Ice
Worst Programs!?

Hi there Show42!

Like RGirl said, I've been lurking around but certainely have kept up with the goings on........ board banishments and all!

As far as this thread, it seems to have taken on a life of its own. Actually, is there a limit to how many pages can be stuffed into a discussion?

Maybe its time to consider starting a new thread "Worst Programs during Odd-numbered Months"?

Tenorguy

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Worst programs

Philippe's "George of the Jungle!" It was infantile & embarrassing. :(

ouridol

On the Ice
Boitano's most recent program...and anything Scott does....are the worst.

I have so many other least favorites, but I choose not to acknowledge them. ;)

berthes ghost

Final Flight
Well, maybe not "the worst" but this recent program just bugged me on several levels. It was an LP at junior worlds, and I've since blocked the girls name out of my head.

Her music was anounced as "The Last Emperor (soundtrack)" and she was wearing a mandarin orange costume with mandarin sleeves and Chinese style cherry blossums embroidered on the bodice.

You can imagine my confusion as she proceeded to skate 3 full minutes to Miklos Rossa's music form "Spellbound". Why a Chinese style costume to skate to a story about an American physciatric patient?

At last, the final 30 seconds were a tiny snipit from "The Last Emperor".

2WhereUR

Rinkside
Hmmm...
I really hated Tara's Gliding in 98. It was kinda lame.
Anyone who skates to Maleguena. Eww! I hate that music.

thvudragon

On the Ice
Re: Re: Worst programs

icedancingnut31 said:
I liked that program. L and T's eagles free dance was boring. C and S's clowns program is a close second. What's with the costumes?

Clara
I think L&T's Still Loving You FD is great (The music is by the Scorpians btw, unless you're talking about a different program :laugh:) as an exhibition, but not as an FD.

I actually like C&S's Fellini FD! It's not their best, but I find it very effective. I'm always :confused: when people say their costumes aren't befitting of the program. Aren't clowns always dressed OTT? I hate their new black costumes, I miss the ones from SC (thankfully though, they kept their SI costumes in practice).

TV

taf2002

Rinkside
Sarah Hughes 02/03 programs, esp her spanking herself in the SP ala S&M. La Bayadere is actually good LP music, but that breast self-exam beginning and all of the horrible pose-n-pause for applause music edits were embarrassing. Plushy's big head exhibition from last year, Sokalova's drape with the cross, every Mike Weiss break-dancing program, & the Pink Panther are the worst exhibitions ever. I've blocked out Yags' banana thing.

SK8GR8

Rinkside
Michael Weiss' current exhibition program--"Angel in a Centerfold". It qualifies in the "Bad Chair" category, the "Please keep your shirt on category" and a new one--the "Look at my oh so cool freedom blades". I don't really care for any of his programs but he really topped himself with this one. I can't even watch it.

Eliza

Rinkside
Michael Weiss's Centerfold has to be the worst exhibition ever. I didn't bother keeping it when I edited my tape.

Other bad ones:
Plushenko's Sex Bomb (2001)I couldn't believe that the world champion would do something so embarrassingly bad - to me, at least - I could hardly stand to watch it. The Big Head thing from last year.

Candeloro - George of the Junge is the worst of all of his mostly bad programs.

Most of Scott Hamilton's comedy routines - he tries too hard to be funny. At best they are sort of interesting the first time I see them, but once is enough.

Interesting that the worst ones I can come up with are all from men.

:laugh:
Eliza