Polina and Mirai have earn their spot for Sochi | Golden Skate

Polina and Mirai have earn their spot for Sochi

coolboogie22

Match Penalty
Polina and Mirai have show that they are the best lady to send to Sochi. Ashley Wagner should accept that she was defeat, no matter her past result, she isn't able to skate well under pressure.

Poodlepal

On the Ice
I agree. Since Ashley wasn't named to the team before the competition, based on her GP results, it should revert to top 3 at Nationals go.

Polina landed two hard triple combos. Ashley landed 0. And while Ashley seems more polished than Polina, she's not Michelle or Sasha or even Carolina--so beautiful to look at that a fall or easier program doesn't hurt her that badly.

Mirai landed one triple-triple and while there were some problems with her choreography, she at least remained upright.

As it stands now, I'd send Polina and Mirai.

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
Definitely not. Ashley has to be on the team so only the 2nd place finisher earned her spot and that is Polina so the team will definitely be Gold, Polina, and Wagner.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Definitely not. Ashley has to be on the team so only the 2nd place finisher earned her spot and that is Polina so the team will definitely be Gold, Polina, and Wagner.

I could live with that team. Then at Worlds i'd send Mirai who has earned it and send Polina to Junior Worlds,

Barb

Record Breaker
Polina and Mirai have show that they are the best lady to send to Sochi. Ashley Wagner should accept that she was defeat, no matter her past result, she isn't able to skate well under pressure.

What, do you remember Polina JGPF? 4 place. Nationals is more like a fluke 2nd place. She had not pressure at all, nobody was waiting a medal of her. Pressure was obviously in Ashley, Gracie, Christina, Mirai and even the poor Samantha.

And not matter Ashley past results?, what a convenience, of course it did matter when she get the 3rd spot.
But it is ok, USFS send the juniorish Polina and inconsistent Mirai over Ashley :rolleye:, I prefer to Akiko so she has a less threat for a olympic medal.

scooter

Rinkside
Why does Ashley "Crack under pressure' Wagner 'have' to be on the team? IMHO the ladies who EARNED the placing should be sent. This whole favoritism 'Holding Up' of skaters just makes the result look like they cooked the books. After the whole Salt Lake fiasco, the sport needs to be seen as more open and transparant. Deciding that AW would be on the team, in advance, no matter how she skated at nationals does not advance that.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Losing one competition is hardly cracking under pressure. She was under pressure in her GP events, GPF and Worlds last year and did well.

I know many of you hate Wagner and would have love to see her off the team just because, but to label her as someone who can't handle pressure when this has been her first bad competition this year is a little bit desperate.