British Eurosport Schedule | Page 2 | Golden Skate

British Eurosport Schedule

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
I would like to head-butt British Eurosport right now !
That's somewhat restrained, compared to the kind of thoughts that often run through my mind, regarding British Eurosport scheduling.

Gobsmacked that we missed Coomes and Buckland due to the late start... especially when they are now in 3rd place after the SD o_O

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Something just appeared on my news feed:
the Dutch public news website NOS.nl is showing livestreams (probably geo-blocked) of the figure skating EU championship.

Tonight 18.25 FD
Friday: 17.50 Ladies FS
Saturday: 12.05 Men FS
Sunday: 10.50 Ladies FS

I'm not sure what this means in relation to the Eurosport airings in the Netherlands. But it also made me wonder if this is of any interest to, say, British Eurosport viewers. Maybe if the NOS has rights to air these livestreams, a channel like the BBC (or in Germany, ARD or ZDF) have, too, and may do livestreams, too? That's better than the few hours figure skating on Eurosport. Might be worth checking out!

mikiandorocks

Final Flight
It's sucks that I payed for a TV service that included both Eurosport channels especcially because of skating and then puff. The European Championships are pretty much ignored. At this point I can only say "Long Live the Russian TV"

Rikku

Just enjoying the skating
Final Flight
Something just appeared on my news feed:
the Dutch public news website NOS.nl is showing livestreams (probably geo-blocked) of the figure skating EU championship.

Tonight 18.25 FD
Friday: 17.50 Ladies FS
Saturday: 12.05 Men FS
Sunday: 10.50 Ladies FS

I'm not sure what this means in relation to the Eurosport airings in the Netherlands. But it also made me wonder if this is of any interest to, say, British Eurosport viewers. Maybe if the NOS has rights to air these livestreams, a channel like the BBC (or in Germany, ARD or ZDF) have, too, and may do livestreams, too? That's better than the few hours figure skating on Eurosport. Might be worth checking out!

ARD offers some live streams, starting tomorrow, but they're probably geoblocked, I dunno.

MidnightSkater

On the Ice
I'm taking bets that tonight we get half hour of top ten's until they start showing the skating midway through a routine.
It was so nice of them to show 30 seconds highlights of the ladies short program.
Oh well, as long as you show more tennis.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
NOTE: I've can't remember where in the coverage it showed this, so I can't check out the exact words that were said! But, this is near enough!

I had to laugh at Nicky Slater last night during the Free Dance.

They showed a shot of Ottavio Cinquanta obviously doing something on his phone. And Nicky says "ah, Mr Cinquanta is reading my text message".

Then it became clear that he was pressing buttons, so Nicky says "No, he's sending a reply. It says 'Thank you to Eurosport for the fantasic coverage of the Europeans. Keep up the good work'."!!!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

The irony!

And the funniest bit was that Nicky sounded like he believed what he was saying in his joke. It didn't sound at all like he was being sarcastic! :eek:

CaroLiza_fan

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
Just checked to todays British Eurosport listing. Highlights of the Gala are on at 8.30pm, no mention of the Pairs free skate at all. If this is correct, it's a disgrace, no coverage at all of one of the disciplines. I would prefer to see the Gala at some point during the week and have the Pairs tonight. Due to snooker overrunning the mens free started late so my recording cut out in the middle of Majorovs free.

I wouldn't be Nickys biggest fan so I think him on commentating on his own is not a good idea.

Frenchie

I'm gonna customize the CRAP out of this title!
Medalist
I wouldn't be Nickys biggest fan so I think him on commentating on his own is not a good idea.

I saw a youtube vid of BEsp and was disappointed that there was only 1 commentator. He was really only doing "minimum service", describing the jump he just saw, and he really didn't seem motivated to be entertaining at all. Very disappointing.
BTW: I don't get Esp2, so I wanted to record the 30 minute highlights shown on german Esp1 late in the evening, and so far, every single day, the scheduled highlights didn't happen, despite them still being in the Esp TV schedule. Now that's a disgrace.

MidnightSkater

On the Ice
I saw a youtube vid of BEsp and was disappointed that there was only 1 commentator. He was really only doing "minimum service", describing the jump he just saw, and he really didn't seem motivated to be entertaining at all. Very disappointing.
BTW: I don't get Esp2, so I wanted to record the 30 minute highlights shown on german Esp1 late in the evening, and so far, every single day, the scheduled highlights didn't happen, despite them still being in the Esp TV schedule. Now that's a disgrace.
Don't forget that Eurosport HAVE to show 18 hours of tennis every day !.
It's just awful how bad they treat us Winter Sports fans.
Snooker is NOT a sport. You don't need any athletic ability to play snooker. If Snooker is a sport why not show Chess or Cluedo ?!.
Maybe I've just given Eurosport an idea..............................

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland

If you want to watch the Gala on ESP2 now, here's a livestream:

ESP2 International

EDIT: Oops - it started an hour ago on International! So, here's the British livestream, which only started a few minutes ago:

British Eurosport 2

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I know I've already posted this in the Worlds TV coverage thread, but it seems appropriate to post it here too.

Just wanted to let you know that BRITISH Eurosport 2 will be starting to show highlights of the European Championships tomorrow.

Unfortunately for viewers of the continental versions of Eurosport, it is ONLY British 2 that is showing these highlights from Budapest.

So, if you missed it at the time, here is a good chance to catch up on some good skating from earlier in the season, before everybody became obsessed with controversies and conspiracy theories...

CaroLiza_fan

British Eurosport (All times GMT)

Tuesday 18th March 2014
BES2 14:30 – 15:45 Europeans Short Dance
BES2 15:45 – 17:15 Europeans Free Dance

Wednesday 19th March 2014
BES2 12:30 – 14:00 Europeans Ladies Free
BES2 14:00 – 15:30 Europeans Men’s Free

Thursday 20th March 2014
BES2 13:45 – 15:15 Europeans Gala

Saturday 22nd March 2014
BES2 08:45 – 10:15 Europeans Ladies Free