British Eurosport Schedule | Golden Skate

British Eurosport Schedule

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
I have just checked the British Eurosport schedule and it is very disappointing, very poor coverage once again. :mad::disapp:

Wednesday 15th
BESP 2 19.30 to 21.00 - Short dance
BESP 1 23.00 - 30 min highlights of short dance

Thursday 16th
BESP 2 19.00 to 21.00 - Free Dance
BESP 1 23.00 - 30 min highlights of free dance

Friday 17th
BESP 2 19.00 to 21.00 - Ladies Free
BESP 1 23.00 - 30 min highlights of ladies free

Saturday 18th
BESP 2 19.30 to 21.00 - Mens Free (not live)
BESP 1 23.00 - 30 min highlights of mens free

Sunday 19th
BESP 2 20.30 - 22.15 Gala
BESP 1 22.15 - 30 min highligts of gala.

No coverage (even highlights) of the Pairs event, very very disappointing. I would even take highlights of the Free programme but they can't even provide that. Even for the other live events we are not getting the full event, I wonder what we will get from in Sochi? Not expecting the best.:disapp:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I have just checked the British Eurosport schedule and it is very disappointing, very poor coverage once again. :mad::disapp:

No coverage (even highlights) of the Pairs event, very very disappointing. I would even take highlights of the Free programme but they can't even provide that. Even for the other live events we are not getting the full event

Ah, somebody got in before me! :p

I was planning on making out the post about schedules tomorrow morning, so I haven't checked all the listings yet. But, given that there is Tennis and Snooker tournaments both on this week, I was expecting the skating coverage to be very small.

I'm not sure, but I think it is only British Eurosport that has the rights to the tennis. So, we might be lucky and find that the other versions of Eurosport show more coverage of the skating than British.

I'll find out in the morning when I go through all the websites.

So, I reckon that спорт-2 will be our best bet for comprehensive coverage (if somebody can find a stream that isn't geo-blocked to the UK...!!!)

I wonder what we will get from in Sochi? Not expecting the best.:disapp:

Well, I can tell you now what we will get from Sochi - NOTHING! Eurosport are not showing the Olympics this time round, I'm afraid. See this comment I posted in the media rights thread a couple of weeks ago:

http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sh...4-media-rights&p=812821&viewfull=1#post812821

Sorry to be the barer of bad news.

CaroLiza_fan

MidnightSkater

On the Ice
British Eurosport dumped the Europeans last year. Even worse coverage this year.
Just awful.
PLEASE contact British Eurosport & complain.
I like Tennis but don't want OR need 18 hours a day of it.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
As you all probably know by now, Eurosport is having minimal coverage of the Europeans this year This is largely due to the Australian Open tennis in the mornings and afternoons, and the London Masters snooker in the afternoon and evenings. All the Winter Sports they show are having to be fitted around these, and it is the Figure Skating that is missing out.

For a change, all versions of Eurosport are doing the same amount of coverage during the Championships. The only differences are with the middle-of-the-night highlights programmes.

British Eurosport are showing them half-an-hour later than the other versions of Eurosport (BES 1 is providing a buffer of 30minutes between the LIVE snooker and the Dakar Rally, just in case the snooker over-runs).

On Eurosport France, the highlights for the Short Dance will be 1 hour instead of 30 minutes, while the 30m highlights for the Free Dance will be on Friday afternoon instead of Thursday night.

No coverage (even highlights) of the Pairs event, very very disappointing. I would even take highlights of the Free programme but they can't even provide that.

I take it you were looking at the BES listings. Well, if you look at the listings for Eurosport Deutschland instead, their descriptions for the Sunday programmes say they will cover both the Pairs Free and the Gala. Which I suppose is something.

And given that the Sunday evening programme is being broadcast at exactly the same time on all versions of Eurosport, I assume that it will be the exact same coverage on all versions. I know it is dangerous to assume where Eurosport’s concerned, but hopefully it will be right to do so in this case!

In conclusion, if you want watch everything, find a livestream of спорт-2 on the internet, and then flick over to Eurosport when your language service starts their LIVE broadcasts!

That's what I'll be doing! ;) :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan

Eurosport Nederland (All times CET)

Wednesday 15th January 2014
ESP2 20:30 – 22:00 Short Dance LIVE
ESP1 23:30 – 00:00 Short Dance

Thursday 16th January 2014
ESP2 20:00 – 22:00 Free Dance LIVE
ESP1 23:30 – 00:00 Free Dance

Friday 17th January 2014
ESP2 20:00 – 22:00 Ladies Free LIVE
ESP1 23:30 – 00:00 Ladies Free

Saturday 18th January 2014
ESP2 20:30 – 22:00 Men’s Free
ESP1 23:30 – 00:00 Men’s Free

Sunday 19th January 2014
ESP2 20:30 – 22:15 Gala Exhibition
ESP1 23:30 – 00:00 Gala Exhibition

Monday 20th January 2014
ESP1 19:15 – 21:00 Highlights

Eurosport Deutschland (All times CET)

ESP1 23:30 – 00:00 Short Dance

ESP1 23:30 – 00:00 Free Dance

Friday 17th January 2014

Sunday 19th January 2014
ESP2 20:30 – 22:15 Pairs Free and Gala Exhibition
ESP1 23:30 – 00:00 Pairs Free and Gala Exhibition

Monday 20th January 2014
ESP1 19:15 – 21:00 Highlights

Eurosport France (All times CET)

ESP1 23:30 – 00:30 Short Dance

Friday 17th January 2014
ESP1 17:00 – 17:30 Free Dance

Sunday 19th January 2014
ESP2 20:30 – 22:15 Gala Exhibition

Monday 20th January 2014
ESP1 00:00 – 00:00 Gala Exhibition

British Eurosport (All times GMT)

BES2 19:30 – 21:00 Short Dance LIVE
BES1 23:00 – 23:30 Short Dance

BES2 19:00 – 21:00 Free Dance LIVE
BES1 23:00 – 23:30 Free Dance

Friday 17th January 2014
BES2 19:00 – 21:00 Ladies Free LIVE
BES1 23:00 – 23:30 Ladies Free

BES2 19:30 – 21:00 Men’s Free
BES1 23:00 – 23:30 Men’s Free

Sunday 19th January 2014
BES2 20:30 – 22:15 Gala Exhibition
BES1 23:00 – 23:30 Gala Exhibition

Monday 20th January 2014
BES2 17:15 – 19:00 Gala Exhibition

Tuesday 21st January 2014
BES2 16:00 – 18:00 Highlights

Wednesday 22nd January 2014
BES2 19:00 – 21:00 Highlights

Frenchie

I'm gonna customize the CRAP out of this title!
Medalist
I'm not sure, but I think it is only British Eurosport that has the rights to the tennis. So, we might be lucky and find that the other versions of Eurosport show more coverage of the skating than British.

:no: Sorry, but the German Eurosport shows an average of 17 hours of Tennis from the Australian Open per day. And that's not even counting in Esp2, which does the same. So it should be similar for all other Eurosports except B.Esp. :disagree:

We have the same amount of EC coverage here as in the UK, a.k.a. "SP? what's that?"

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
:no: Sorry, but the German Eurosport shows an average of 17 hours of Tennis from the Australian Open per day. And that's not even counting in Esp2, which does the same. So it should be similar for all other Eurosports except B.Esp. :disagree:

Yeah, I know that now. I found out about the Tennis this morning when I looked through all the schedules that I use to make out my usual Eurosport schedule list... which I posted a few seconds before you posted your comment!!! ;) :laugh:

But 17 hours is rediculous, isn't it?! Even the most hard-core fan would find it hard sitting through that much! :eek:

(Says the guy who spent the whole of Christmas week watching figure skating pretty much non-stop!)

CaroLiza_fan

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
(BES 1 is providing a buffer of 30minutes between the LIVE snooker and the Dakar Rally, just in case the snooker over-runs).
Aha. Ha. Ahahahahahhahahahhahah!

I can't decide which is funnier:
"In case the snooker over-runs", or
"a buffer of 30minutes"

(As if Snooker will not overrun.
As if 30 minutes is even remotely enough "buffer" for said overruns).

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
I am shocked that Eurosport are not showing the olympics, they have been such good supporters of the winter sports for years. I assumed from all their Road to Sochi ads that they were broadcasting it again. I really enjoyed their London 2012 coverage.

I would be something if the Sunday evening broadcast would show the Pairs free but if it is combined with the gala it might only be the final flight. The scheduling seems a bit strange, would it not have been better to have the Mens free Saturday afternoon and the Pairs free Saturday evening just like the schedule for the rest of the week.

alebi

Medalist
In Italy we have the same schedule of British Eurosport... so very few skating and no pairs but an highlights on Monday of whatever... =/

Frenchie

I'm gonna customize the CRAP out of this title!
Medalist
Russian channel Sport 2 will be showing everything live.

:agree: :agree: :agree:
Anyone remember the days when Eurosport would show every single skater in every single discipline at Euros? Live? good ol' 90s :cry:

MidnightSkater

On the Ice
:agree: :agree: :agree:
Anyone remember the days when Eurosport would show every single skater in every single discipline at Euros? Live? good ol' 90s :cry:

It was the only chance to see the lower-ranked skaters. So sad how bad British Eurosport treats the Europeans. It's been l.ike this for three years now.
Also, when they get the chance to show a bit of skating we have missed they just repeat something we have already seen.
I bet the Monday highlights program will just show the three main shows from the week & not the Pairs event.
Who makes these decisions ?.

alebi

Medalist
The Italian broadcast has always shown everything from the very first skater but this year they decided to skip the first two hours =___=

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Aha. Ha. Ahahahahahhahahahhahah!

I can't decide which is funnier:
"In case the snooker over-runs", or
"a buffer of 30minutes"

(As if Snooker will not overrun.
As if 30 minutes is even remotely enough "buffer" for said overruns).

:laugh: Very Funny!!!

But, I suppose we should think ourselves lucky that the Europeans are starting today and not yesterday.

There was a power cut in the area of London where the Masters snooker is being held. So, the afternoon session did not start until 1h20m after it was scheduled to. And it was a long match!

If that had happened later in the week, the LIVE evening coverage of the skating would be starting even later than it already is!

It was the only chance to see the lower-ranked skaters. So sad how bad British Eurosport treats the Europeans. It's been l.ike this for three years now.
Also, when they get the chance to show a bit of skating we have missed they just repeat something we have already seen.
I bet the Monday highlights program will just show the three main shows from the week & not the Pairs event.

I know! I miss those days too!

Who makes these decisions ?.

Somebody who wants to brag about how many sports they have the rights to, without taking into consideration that they have only 2 channels to shove them all into, and there are only 24 hours in a day...

Eurosport have forgotten that it is quality, not quantity that is important.

By the way, if you want to take part in the Predictions Game for Europeans, you have less than 2 hours left to get your predictions in, i.e. until 09:30 CET (08:30 GMT)

Here is the thread: http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?43719

I'm just getting a bit concerned about the number of entries for the Europeans Round of the Predictions Game.

For anybody that is planning on doing predictions for Olympics and Worlds, just remember that Europeans and Four Continents are part of the same Game. So, if you don't join in for Euros or 4CC, you will be starting on the back foot compared to those that are playing.

CaroLiza_fan

alebi

Medalist
We are in an Olympic season, they should give more spaces to Olympic sports... With all the respect, who cares about snooker (at least outside GB).. And considering how long a snooker game is, they could show highlights of it instead of figure skating :disapp:

MidnightSkater

On the Ice
I see British Eurosport are at it again.
They just spent 20 minutes showing top ten's when live SCHEDULED figure skating was going on.
What are they doing.
I'm so sick of them.
Why join two couples in ?.
AWFUL.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I see British Eurosport are at it again.
They just spent 20 minutes showing top ten's when live SCHEDULED figure skating was going on.
What are they doing.
I'm so sick of them.
Why join two couples in ?.
AWFUL.

Because there was LIVE Freestyle Skiing (Moguls?!) on Eurosport 2 International. British 2 wasn't showing it (it was showing repeats of Basketball), but because International 2 wasn't ready to join the skating, then British had to wait too.

They could have let British start on time, and make International viewers wait. But no, they daren't let British viewers see stuff that those on the continent won't see.

What annoys me is that if it was the other way around, with International ready to start before British, they would go on ahead and start on International. They wouldn't care if British viewers didn't see everything.

Since it seems to be the explanation de jour on this forum at the minute: RACISM!!!

:p :laugh:

CaroLiza_fan

MidnightSkater

On the Ice
Because there was LIVE Freestyle Skiing (Moguls?!) on Eurosport 2 International. British 2 wasn't showing it (it was showing repeats of Basketball), but because International 2 wasn't ready to join the skating, then British had to wait too.

They could have let British start on time, and make International viewers wait. But no, they daren't let British viewers see stuff that those on the continent won't see.

What annoys me is that if it was the other way around, with International ready to start before British, they would go on ahead and start on International. They wouldn't care if British viewers didn't see everything.

Since it seems to be the explanation de jour on this forum at the minute: RACISM!!!

:p :laugh:

CaroLiza_fan

I would like to head-butt British Eurosport right now !

Last edited: