Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: British Eurosport Schedule

Medalist
    Could you please provide a link to get to Eurosport.

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA CaroLiza_fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ingofan1 View Post
    Could you please provide a link to get to Eurosport.
    Sure, here is one for Eurosport 2 International (for the live coverage, starting 19:30 GMT)

ESP2 Intl Stream

And, if you miss that, here is one for Eurosport 1 International (for the highlights tonight)

ESP1 Intl Stream

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

Custom Title
    I see British Eurosport are at it again.
    They just spent 20 minutes showing top ten's when live SCHEDULED figure skating was going on.
    What are they doing.
    I'm so sick of them.
    Why join two couples in ?.
    AWFUL.

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightSkater View Post
    I see British Eurosport are at it again.
    They just spent 20 minutes showing top ten's when live SCHEDULED figure skating was going on.
    What are they doing.
    I'm so sick of them.
    Why join two couples in ?.
    AWFUL.
    Because there was LIVE Freestyle Skiing (Moguls?!) on Eurosport 2 International. British 2 wasn't showing it (it was showing repeats of Basketball), but because International 2 wasn't ready to join the skating, then British had to wait too.

They could have let British start on time, and make International viewers wait. But no, they daren't let British viewers see stuff that those on the continent won't see.

What annoys me is that if it was the other way around, with International ready to start before British, they would go on ahead and start on International. They wouldn't care if British viewers didn't see everything.

Since it seems to be the explanation de jour on this forum at the minute: RACISM!!!

CaroLiza_fan

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by CaroLiza_fan View Post
    Because there was LIVE Freestyle Skiing (Moguls?!) on Eurosport 2 International. British 2 wasn't showing it (it was showing repeats of Basketball), but because International 2 wasn't ready to join the skating, then British had to wait too.

They could have let British start on time, and make International viewers wait. But no, they daren't let British viewers see stuff that those on the continent won't see.

What annoys me is that if it was the other way around, with International ready to start before British, they would go on ahead and start on International. They wouldn't care if British viewers didn't see everything.

Since it seems to be the explanation de jour on this forum at the minute: RACISM!!!

CaroLiza_fan
    I would like to head-butt British Eurosport right now !
    Last edited by MidnightSkater; 01-15-2014 at 03:14 PM. Reason: error

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by MidnightSkater View Post
    I would like to head-butt British Eurosport right now !
    That's somewhat restrained, compared to the kind of thoughts that often run through my mind, regarding British Eurosport scheduling.

Gobsmacked that we missed Coomes and Buckland due to the late start... especially when they are now in 3rd place after the SD O_o

Custom Title
    Something just appeared on my news feed:
    the Dutch public news website NOS.nl is showing livestreams (probably geo-blocked) of the figure skating EU championship.

Tonight 18.25 FD
    Friday: 17.50 Ladies FS
    Saturday: 12.05 Men FS
    Sunday: 10.50 Ladies FS

I'm not sure what this means in relation to the Eurosport airings in the Netherlands. But it also made me wonder if this is of any interest to, say, British Eurosport viewers. Maybe if the NOS has rights to air these livestreams, a channel like the BBC (or in Germany, ARD or ZDF) have, too, and may do livestreams, too? That's better than the few hours figure skating on Eurosport. Might be worth checking out!

It's sucks that I payed for a TV service that included both Eurosport channels especcially because of skating and then puff. The European Championships are pretty much ignored. At this point I can only say "Long Live the Russian TV"

Quote Originally Posted by Winnie_20 View Post
    Something just appeared on my news feed:
    the Dutch public news website NOS.nl is showing livestreams (probably geo-blocked) of the figure skating EU championship.

Tonight 18.25 FD
    Friday: 17.50 Ladies FS
    Saturday: 12.05 Men FS
    Sunday: 10.50 Ladies FS

I'm not sure what this means in relation to the Eurosport airings in the Netherlands. But it also made me wonder if this is of any interest to, say, British Eurosport viewers. Maybe if the NOS has rights to air these livestreams, a channel like the BBC (or in Germany, ARD or ZDF) have, too, and may do livestreams, too? That's better than the few hours figure skating on Eurosport. Might be worth checking out!
    ARD offers some live streams, starting tomorrow, but they're probably geoblocked, I dunno.

Custom Title
    I'm taking bets that tonight we get half hour of top ten's until they start showing the skating midway through a routine.
    It was so nice of them to show 30 seconds highlights of the ladies short program.
    Oh well, as long as you show more tennis.

NOTE: I've can't remember where in the coverage it showed this, so I can't check out the exact words that were said! But, this is near enough!

I had to laugh at Nicky Slater last night during the Free Dance.

They showed a shot of Ottavio Cinquanta obviously doing something on his phone. And Nicky says "ah, Mr Cinquanta is reading my text message".

Then it became clear that he was pressing buttons, so Nicky says "No, he's sending a reply. It says 'Thank you to Eurosport for the fantasic coverage of the Europeans. Keep up the good work'."!!!

The irony!

And the funniest bit was that Nicky sounded like he believed what he was saying in his joke. It didn't sound at all like he was being sarcastic!

CaroLiza_fan

Custom Title
    Just checked to todays British Eurosport listing. Highlights of the Gala are on at 8.30pm, no mention of the Pairs free skate at all. If this is correct, it's a disgrace, no coverage at all of one of the disciplines. I would prefer to see the Gala at some point during the week and have the Pairs tonight. Due to snooker overrunning the mens free started late so my recording cut out in the middle of Majorovs free.

I wouldn't be Nickys biggest fan so I think him on commentating on his own is not a good idea.

I'm gonna Customize the CRAP out of this Title!!! Frenchie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 3T3T View Post
    I wouldn't be Nickys biggest fan so I think him on commentating on his own is not a good idea.
    I saw a youtube vid of BEsp and was disappointed that there was only 1 commentator. He was really only doing "minimum service", describing the jump he just saw, and he really didn't seem motivated to be entertaining at all. Very disappointing.
    BTW: I don't get Esp2, so I wanted to record the 30 minute highlights shown on german Esp1 late in the evening, and so far, every single day, the scheduled highlights didn't happen, despite them still being in the Esp TV schedule. Now that's a disgrace.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie View Post
    I saw a youtube vid of BEsp and was disappointed that there was only 1 commentator. He was really only doing "minimum service", describing the jump he just saw, and he really didn't seem motivated to be entertaining at all. Very disappointing.
    BTW: I don't get Esp2, so I wanted to record the 30 minute highlights shown on german Esp1 late in the evening, and so far, every single day, the scheduled highlights didn't happen, despite them still being in the Esp TV schedule. Now that's a disgrace.
    Don't forget that Eurosport HAVE to show 18 hours of tennis every day !.
    It's just awful how bad they treat us Winter Sports fans.
    Snooker is NOT a sport. You don't need any athletic ability to play snooker. If Snooker is a sport why not show Chess or Cluedo ?!.
    Maybe I've just given Eurosport an idea..............................

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie View Post
    If you want to watch the Gala on ESP2 now, here's a livestream:

ESP2 International

EDIT: Oops - it started an hour ago on International! So, here's the British livestream, which only started a few minutes ago:

British Eurosport 2

CaroLiza_fan

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast