Page 42 of 48 FirstFirst ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 LastLast

Thread: Will Mirai Appeal Decision for Olympic Team?

Keeper of the Kweens OGM. MK's Winter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    try being both a fan of B/S and S/P in 2002 and after...
    Toni you are not kidding! Yikes....memories

Quote Originally Posted by itoja View Post
    So sorry for Mirai.
    But I just love how this sad affair shows the hypocrisy of some people here.

Takahashi versus Kozuka:

Wagner versus Nagasu:

So "absolutely not a fair decision" becomes "a matter of "fairness""
    Well I have a problem with Dai making it. mainly because I feel he's only had one good competition this year NHK. Skate America (disaster), Japan open not good (Nationals disaster) etc. Worlds wasn't brilliant either.
    So for me it was a big issue of what kind of shape Dai's actually in.

IF we are going to talk about someone who has a body of work argument IMO it was Oda. Yes Dai beat him at NHK but Oda skated consistently well throughout..

I'd feel differently if Dai had more than one good competition this year.

To be frank Dai's placement on the team is a lot like Plush's. Don't get me wrong not nearly as bad or egregious but based on more on what they once were than what they are now.

she takes the audience on her journey of emotions Layfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianSkaterGuy View Post
    I agree. You can't say you like Wagner without people assuming you hate Nagasu. You can't say that you like Sotnikova without people assuming you hate Lipnitskaia. You can't say you like Chan without people assuming you hate Hanyu. You can't say that you like Kim without people assuming you hate Asada. It's absolutely ridiculous.
    Thanks for this!

I truly enjoy the skating of all seven of the skaters you listed.

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianSkaterGuy View Post
    I agree. You can't say you like Wagner without people assuming you hate Nagasu
    For that matter, according to Twitter Nagasu sent Wagner a message of support and encouragement after the decision was made. Too bad many of Nagasu's fans resorted to the opposite.

Actually it STILL hasn't cooled off on twitter - seems like near every tweet about the 2014 US team still provokes at least 1 "Nagasu deserved it" or "hope Wagner (or Edmunds) bombs", etc.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    try being both a fan of B/S and S/P in 2002 and after...
    You and me both, Toni.

And I also like both YuNa and Mao, and D/W and V/M.

Celebrating the Excellence of #VirtueMoir golden411's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by R.D. View Post
    For that matter, according to Twitter Nagasu sent Wagner a message of support and encouragement after the decision was made. Too bad many of Nagasu's fans resorted to the opposite.
    Adding to R.D.'s post: the tweet was from ESPN reporter @Bonnie_D_Ford -- i.e., a reliable source. (And it was retweeted by @USFigureSkating.)
    . @AshWagner2010 on conference call: " @mirai_nagasu texted me, said 'You belong on the team, good luck, love you.' ''
    2:38 PM - 23 Jan 2014
    https://twitter.com/Bonnie_D_Ford/st...84050459492352

♥ My Mirai's Golden Pond ♥ Sasha'sSpins's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by golden411 View Post
    Adding to R.D.'s post: the tweet was from ESPN reporter @Bonnie_D_Ford -- i.e., a reliable source. (And it was retweeted by @USFigureSkating.)
    . @AshWagner2010 on conference call: " @mirai_nagasu texted me, said 'You belong on the team, good luck, love you.' ''
    2:38 PM - 23 Jan 2014
    https://twitter.com/Bonnie_D_Ford/st...84050459492352
    Aw - Mirai's a real sweetheart. I hope she stays in and improves tremendously next season with the help of Coach Mura. Above all, I hope that she is happy, that she still loves what she is doing.

Custom Title
    Per rosewood on FSU, Japanese media reported that Mr. Mura is a temporary coach, and that Mirai had fallen ill before 4CC (after Nationals) and was fervently trying to recover in time. :

Custom Title
    ^thanks for this info!

For a temporary coach, I think that Mr. Mura did a heck of a job with Mirai in the short time between NHK/Rostelecom and Rostelecom/Nationals. Too bad Mirai got sick. Endurance will for sure be an issue in the FS at 4CCs if it was in the SP.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    You and me both, Toni.

And I also like both YuNa and Mao, and D/W and V/M.
    count me in too. Can we let them share gold

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by burntBREAD View Post
    Per rosewood on FSU, Japanese media reported that Mr. Mura is a temporary coach, and that Mirai had fallen ill before 4CC (after Nationals) and was fervently trying to recover in time. :
    oh no. I hope it isn`t too serious like h1n1 or envyitus. totally different but both very serious.

Ya'll just need to ignore it. aftertherain's Avatar

News 2014 Olympic figure skater Ashley Wagner: Mirai Nagasu has been 'phenomenal'

http://www.examiner.com/article/2014...een-phenomenal

When pressed to name a specific source of comfort, she cited an unlikely person: 2010 Olympian Mirai Nagasu, who was denied a spot on the Sochi-bound team despite a bronze medal finish at nationals. Wagner called Nagasu's handling of her omission from the team "phenomenal," and revealed that shortly after the three-woman roster that features herself, Polina Edmunds and new national champ Gracie Gold was revealed, Nagasu sent Wagner a text that read "you belong on the team, good luck, love you." Wagner called Nagasu's endorsement "all I needed to feel right" about the sticky selection situation.

@aftertherain Thank you for posting the link to that article! I'm so glad that it was like a balm on Ashley's soul - to know that Mirai is in her corner.

Custom Title
    Mirai's sportsmanship is awesome! =)

Page 42 of 48 FirstFirst ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 LastLast