Page 43 of 48 FirstFirst ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 LastLast

Thread: Will Mirai Appeal Decision for Olympic Team?

Is it possible this thread is 44 pages? I know I'm not going to read them. When threads go over say, 20 pages, and have multiple links to news sources, I wish there was a way to get the condensed readers digest version. With ongong competition videos, the best skates to rewatch, one could spend hours keeping abreast of this one situation. I am very happy to hear what Mirai said to Ashley. I assume this means Mirai has no intention to lodge a formal complaint?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by skateluvr View Post
    Is it possible this thread is 44 pages? I know I'm not going to read them. When threads go over say, 20 pages, and have multiple links to news sources, I wish there was a way to get the condensed readers digest version. With ongong competition videos, the best skates to rewatch, one could spend hours keeping abreast of this one situation. I am very happy to hear what Mirai said to Ashley. I assume this means Mirai has no intention to lodge a formal complaint?
    Short version: Johnny blabbed about talking to Mirai and that she would lodge a complaint the day the teams were announced. She never did. We fought about whether Mirai, Polina, or Ashley should stay home. No consensus although there were a lot of hurt feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    try being both a fan of B/S and S/P in 2002 and after...
    I was thrilled about the tie and wish is had happened for Nancy. Nancy/Oksana were both great in their day, and I wish Jan Hoffman (was he the German judge who gave Oksana the one tenth extra on artistic mark, thus awarding her gold)? I wish they had tied, tho for me Nancy put down two best of life skates after what she went through.

Tied-Tara and MK in Nagano. Ok so Tara had a superior jumping program, but Lyra is the skate most iconic for the young Michelle. Tie! One skate I feel was impossible to judge without a tie was 96 worlds. Lu Chen is still the best lady to come out of China-a huge country. I really felt they were so close in many ways. MK and Lu. Why can't there be ties?

My question to you Toni...were the fans really fighting in 2002 over that tie? Sounds like boards were not fun. It seemed all lovey dovey for the 4 as they did tv interviews and SOI shows.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by aftertherain View Post
    Thanks for the article! Like Dai, I'm sure Wagner felt bad enough denying Mirai a team spot, but it's good to hear that Mirai still supports her and wishes her well.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianSkaterGuy View Post
    Thanks for the article! Like Dai, I'm sure Wagner felt bad enough denying Mirai a team spot, but it's good to hear that Mirai still supports her and wishes her well.
    Hate to break up this warm & fuzzy feelings but it was pointed out the day USFS issued a statement for Mirai who stated that although she didn't agree with the decision, she accepts it - she re-tweeted something from a friends of her who alledged she got a "gag order". It's buried somewhere in this thread. Clearly, these are contradictory statements and behaviors. I'll let you be the judge.

Time heals all wounds. Mirai was mad at first, now a little less.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by wallylutz View Post
    Hate to break up this warm & fuzzy feelings but it was pointed out the day USFS issued a statement for Mirai who stated that although she didn't agree with the decision, she accepts it - she re-tweeted something from a friends of her who alledged she got a "gag order". It's buried somewhere in this thread. Clearly, these are contradictory statements and behaviors. I'll let you be the judge.
    I don't see what's so contradictory about it. But then, of course, you are the one who accused Mirai of "lacking class" for becoming emotional during her gala exhibition.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    Time heals all wounds. Mirai was mad at first, now a little less.
    Agreed. She had to appeal, even though it was a shot in the dark, and even though she knew that Wagner was indeed deserving of the team. Hope her fans eventually come to terms with it as Mirai herself has.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianSkaterGuy View Post
    Agreed. She had to appeal, even though it was a shot in the dark, and even though she knew that Wagner was indeed deserving of the team. Hope her fans eventually come to terms with it as Mirai herself has.
    She didn't appeal, though. Thought it was just an inquiry on what the process was for appealing?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by wallylutz View Post
    A gag order?! Double-U Tee Eff. They can't stop her from speaking.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasha'sSpins View Post
    @aftertherain Thank you for posting the link to that article! I'm so glad that it was like a balm on Ashley's soul - to know that Mirai is in her corner.
    I think it's very telling that Ashley had to "advertise" a private tweet between two friends. It's one-sided, and we still don't know how Mirai feels; only Ashley's version of how Mirai feels.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by leafygreens View Post
    I think it's very telling that Ashley had to "advertise" a private tweet between two friends. It's one-sided, and we still don't know how Mirai feels; only Ashley's version of how Mirai feels.
    "When pressed to name a specific source of comfort, she cited an unlikely person: 2010 Olympian Mirai Nagasu" Doesn't seem like she had to "advertise", nor would she have any reason to lie about a text Mirai sent her. These attempts to continue to vilify Wagner, especially when the ultimate decision was the USFSA's, have gotten rather tedious. Unless you blame Wagner for skating a solid past two seasons that easily eclipsed Mirai these past two seasons... in which case, yes, that is indeed her fault.

Down With It
    That is true - I don't know the context but it sounds to me like Wagner did that to try to calm the storm - " see, even Nagasu herself is supporting me so why can't the rest of you move on already?"

Custom Title
    Ashley is trying to justify her placement on the team by stooping as low as possible. "When pressed" she could have named someone other than the person she stomped on to get to the Olympics. Her comment sounds very back-stabby. Mirai being "phenomenal" only shows how classy Mirai is and how Ashley needs re-inforcement to feel good about this unethical decision.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by R.D. View Post
    That is true - I don't know the context but it sounds to me like Wagner did that to try to calm the storm - " see, even Nagasu herself is supporting me so why can't the rest of you move on already?"
    If Ashley wants to "calm the storm," she should stop talking. Somehow, opening her mouth always causes more controversy. Notice we have not heard a peep from Mirai Nagasu.

Page 43 of 48 FirstFirst ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 LastLast