Page 47 of 48 FirstFirst ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 LastLast
Results 691 to 705 of 717

Thread: Will Mirai Appeal Decision for Olympic Team?

  1. #691
    Down With It
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    13,527
    Still, Wagner's comment about not delivering when it counts (also, her last-minute FS scrambling) has to be slightly concerning - she's almost like the anti-Nagasu if you will in terms of her career. Sub-par under pressure but ok otherwise. The pressure will be THAT much greater at Olys. As her spot on the team is now finalized and we're only 11 days out, there's no turning back. If she fails she'll never hear the end of it. I wish her luck cause she'll need it...

  2. #692
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    3,518
    Quote Originally Posted by R.D. View Post
    she's almost like the anti-Nagasu if you will in terms of her career. Sub-par under pressure but ok otherwise.
    How is this the opposite of Mirai? Does Mirai all of a sudden thrive under pressure because she won a bronze medal at Nationals?

  3. #693
    Down With It
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    13,527
    Note I said ALMOST...

    Anyway, Nagasu has done well at pre-Oly Nationals/Olys.

    Meanwhile, this is the 2nd time Wagner couldn't deal with the pressure of trials, and she did even worse in '14 than she did 4 years ago. But this time, the committee put her on the team anyway due to her "body of work", a luxury she didn't have in '10. So let's see if Wagner can skate well at the biggest pressure cooker of them all. Based on her competitive history I'm not getting hopes up ...

  4. #694
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2,606
    Quote Originally Posted by leafygreens View Post
    7th place is "one of the worst skated ladies events ever"? Hm. Ashley was 4th at Worlds at her peak. She is nowhere near her peak right now.

    3 years ago doesn't matter, according to selection criteria.
    I think the reference is a seventh place finish in a weak field because everyone skated so poorly - Cynthia Phaneuf almost won a bronze and arguably should have.

  5. #695
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    3,518
    Quote Originally Posted by leafygreens View Post
    7th place is "one of the worst skated ladies events ever"? Hm. Ashley was 4th at Worlds at her peak. She is nowhere near her peak right now.

    3 years ago doesn't matter, according to selection criteria.
    What aside from Nationals indicates she is off the form from two years ago? Her win at Bompard? Finishing 2nd to Asada at SA? Making the GP Final which she didn't even do the season she came in 4th at Worlds?

  6. #696
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Beyond Neverland
    Posts
    1,145
    Gosh 49 pages and counting! I thought this is already soooo over!?

    Well... USFSA did want controversy to bring attention back to the sport! Congratulations! Let's see if this will affect Ashley's mark at the Olympics.

  7. #697
    ♔Princess Li Zijun♔ Gigi13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    247
    Quote Originally Posted by os168 View Post
    Gosh 49 pages and counting! I thought this is already soooo over!?

    Well... USFSA did want controversy to bring attention back to the sport! Congratulations! Let's see if this will affect Ashley's mark at the Olympics.
    This. 49 pages my god last time I visited this thread it was like 20 pages lol well the USFSA did a good job I can't wait to see Ashley in Sochi.

  8. #698
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2,606
    I am not sure this is what USFSA really wanted. It may actually scare off viewers when really much ado about NOTHING. I hope we can just enjoy the skating now and people would gevt over with everythign.

  9. #699
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,312
    Quote Originally Posted by os168 View Post
    Gosh 49 pages and counting! I thought this is already soooo over!?
    The worst part is that it's nothing actually decent; just 49 pages of the same Mirai fans whinging over and over and over again on the same tired arguments without ever wanting to accept that their skater has a MAJOR technique flaw and is extremely inconsistent, unlike the skater who replaced her on the team.

    *Disclaimer before the Mirai fans start attacking me: I couldn't give a flying toss about the US ladies. (Except Angela Wang. Who this time round was not in the race.)

  10. #700
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    394
    Quote Originally Posted by karne View Post
    The worst part is that it's nothing actually decent; just 49 pages of the same Mirai fans whinging over and over and over again on the same tired arguments without ever wanting to accept that their skater has a MAJOR technique flaw and is extremely inconsistent, unlike the skater who replaced her on the team.
    Isn't falling a major technique flaw?

  11. #701
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    983
    Wish I could find that "beating a dead horse" emoticon because this thread is a dead horse. I wish Mirai well in the future but rehashing the subject isn't getting anyone anywhere.

  12. #702
    At the rink. Again. mskater93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3,155
    Quote Originally Posted by leafygreens View Post
    Isn't falling a major technique flaw?
    According to IJS, less so than under-rotated and downgraded jumps

  13. #703
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    3,518
    Quote Originally Posted by leafygreens View Post
    Isn't falling a major technique flaw?
    Isolated falls aren't necessarily indicative of poor technique. URing at virtually every competition for several years is.

  14. #704
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Too Close to the Equator.
    Posts
    1,040
    Quote Originally Posted by mskater93 View Post
    According to IJS, less so than under-rotated and downgraded jumps
    Seen some coaches use that loophole with bad tactic, their skaters rotate as much as possible in the air with two-foot landing or fall.

  15. #705
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    3,518
    Quote Originally Posted by BusyMom View Post
    Seen some coaches use that loophole with bad tactic, their skaters rotate as much as possible in the air with two-foot landing or fall.
    No coach encourages their skater to rotate jumps that they cannot land, or encourages skaters to land on two feet. It isn't a loophole at all; the skater still gets the fall penalty plus -GOE.

Page 47 of 48 FirstFirst ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •