US Junior World Team announced | Golden Skate

US Junior World Team announced

dardar1126

On the Ice
Twitter:

Lynn Rutherford ‏@LynnRutherford 3h
World junior team cont.: dance is McNamaraCarpenter; BakerHawayek; and ParsonsParsons. #Boston2014

Lynn Rutherford ‏@LynnRutherford 3h
World junior team is: Glenn, Pierce, Chen for ladies; Omori, Chen, Moeller for men; AaronSettlage, BuddCheban, LiuPerrini pairs #Boston2014

EDIT: A more complete list...

http://www.usfsa.org/Story.asp?id=49829&type=media

2014 U.S. World Junior Ladies Figure Skating Team
Karen Chen
Amber Glenn
Tyler Pierce
Alternate No. 1 - Hannah Miller
Alternate No. 2 - Leah Keiser
Alternate No. 3 - Ashley Cain

2014 U.S. World Junior Men’s Figure Skating Team
Nathan Chen
Jordan Moeller
Shotaro Omori
Alternate No. 1 - Jimmy Ma
Alternate No. 2 - Chase Belmontes
Alternate No. 3 - Nicholas Vrdoljak

2014 U.S. World Junior Pairs Figure Skating Team
Madeline Aaron and Max Settlage
Kaitlin Budd and Nikita Cheban
Chelsea Liu and Devin Perini
Alternate No. 1 - Aya Takai and Brian Johnson

2014 U.S. World Junior Ice Dance Figure Skating Team
Kaitlin Hawayek and Jean-Luc Baker
Lorraine McNamara and Quinn Carpenter
Rachel Parsons and Michael Parsons
Alternate No. 1 - Holly Moore and Daniel Klaber
Alternate No. 2 - Elliana Pogrebinsky and Ross Gudis
Alternate No. 3 - Chloe Lewis and Logan Bye

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
EDIT: A more complete list...

http://www.usfsa.org/Story.asp?id=49829&type=media

2014 U.S. World Junior Ladies Figure Skating Team
Karen Chen
Amber Glenn
Tyler Pierce
Alternate No. 1 - Hannah Miller
Alternate No. 2 - Leah Keiser
Alternate No. 3 - Ashley Cain

How come Ashley has been named as an alternate in Junior Worlds when she has been competing in Senior competitions all season?

I know she is still young enough to compete in Juniors, but I thought you weren't allowed to go back to Juniors once you had made the switch to Seniors.

Of course, I realise this is not the case with the GP Series or Nationals. For goodness sake, all the Russian teenagers that have come through in recent years were doing Senior GP's and Senior Nationals while still doing the rest of the season as Juniors.

But in Alshley's case, she was also doing Senior B's this season.

So, have I interpreted the rules wrong?

CaroLiza_fan

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Good for Amber and Tyler! They don't get left behind for girls competing in Seniors.

Wondering how long the WISA teams will stay Jr. since theyve been at that level for so long. Maybe they'll move up domestically since they're still so young for a GP move.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Ah! So, it was just a proposal that I had read about. Right, that explains a lot. I thought it had gone through, so my mistake.

Sorry about that.

Thank you for correcting me Ziggy! :)

CaroLiza_fan

Country
Russia
How come Ashley has been named as an alternate in Junior Worlds when she has been competing in Senior competitions all season?
Anyway her last ISU competition was JGP Event at 2012.
After that was only one International - Senior B (Nebelhorn) at 2013.
Inner competitions mean nothing for ISU.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Good for Amber and Tyler! They don't get left behind for girls competing in Seniors.

Wondering how long the WISA teams will stay Jr. since theyve been at that level for so long. Maybe they'll move up domestically since they're still so young for a GP move.

Late to this discussion, but there was no way they were going to leave Amber out with that massive score she got at Nationals. It beat Gracie Gold's score!

Glad Tyler is going as well and that Karen gets to go, hope she recovers in time.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Late to this discussion, but there was no way they were going to leave Amber out with that massive score she got at Nationals. It beat Gracie Gold's score!

Glad Tyler is going as well and that Karen gets to go, hope she recovers in time.

True about the score, but their tendency to send age eligible senior-nationals competitors made me worried.

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Love Karen's skating and hope her ankle heals. She had to withdraw from Nationals after her short, so I hope she is strong enough to skate come March.

I think it's funny when people think she and Nathan are siblings. As long as both of them are healthy, I think we will be hearing a lot from the Chens is coming seasons.