Clay Aiken on SNL | Golden Skate

Clay Aiken on SNL

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
TONI !!! Clay Aiken will be guest starring on Saturday Night Live tonight! I heard he and host Megan Mullaly will be doing a Janet Jackson/Justin Timberlake parody with the roles reversed! I'm so tired, but I just HAVE to see this!

It's funny, especially the way Clay hams it up. They have already been showing a brief clip on news and entertainment shows.

MM

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I was soooooo sick last night that I didn't stay up for it, and I forgot to tape it... hopefully I can find Clay-Clips online...

I'm kinda worried about the skit(s) he was in LOL

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Toni......sorry you were sick, hope you feel better today. Clay sang "Invisible". No matter how many times I have seen him perform this number on the telly, he just keeps getting better and better. He performed at the half-way mark. I taped it but haven't watched the second half, so I don't know if he was in any skits. He was billed as the musical guest, so maybe that's all he did, sing.........42

CB1AB2

Medalist
I saw Clay sing " Invisible' also. He is becoming such a showman. You can see how comfortable he is performing. That's all I saw. I just happened to open my eyes just at the right moment and shut the tv off after=couldn't stay awake.

cb

KwanFan1212

Joey Votto Fangirl
Final Flight
He also sang "The Way" near the end of the show and gave me chills with how wonderful it was. LOVED that! :D

He was part of Megan Mullaly's opening monologue (she had this gay chorus behind her and he randomly came out and sang a line of the song....after she saw him, she said, "Thanx for coming to sing Ruben!! It was pretty funny when he looked all disappointed in her, shrugged his shoulders, gave the audience a grin, and walked out! LOL) and as far as I remember, only one other skit. The skit that I saw he was in was a spoof of the Grammys with all these cousins and friends of famous people trying to get in without tickets. I forget who all tried to get in first but Clay played a man named 'Trey Aiken' who claimed to be Clay's cousin and sweet talked the woman into letting him into the Grammys. It was actually pretty cute! Clay looked adorable in this wild curly haired wig!! LOL :laugh:

supersk8er

Rinkside
I'm SO mad I missed it!!! I wanted to watch it but then I lost track of time when I was in the hot tub at my friend's house. :rolleye:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
that's weird cuz I heard that he was in a SuperBowl spoof(RE: Janet & Justin) only in reverse :laugh:

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
That's what I heard was supposed to be on! Well, I missed the first half hour (fell asleep) and assumed I missed the skit but from you are all saying, I did not. I caught the songs and the cute "Tray Aiken" bit, so I was happy! :)

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
I just finished watching my tape. Saw the second song, wonderful, (I like his hair a darker shade, by the way) and the cute skit at the end of the show.........nothing objectionable....

I watched Regis and Kelly this morning (I love school holidays) and Clay was on performing "The Way"........during the first part of the song, you could hear the "Claymates" in the audience screaming.......too cute.........what a nice young man..........42

Bijoux

Match Penalty
clay and megan skit promo

The scathing skit was in the promos SNL ran all week arter the "toilet bowl." Hard to miss them, so funny.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Show, I love it when I read comments like yours "what a nice young man"

I much prefer the "casual" clay fans to the clay mates... most of their siggys on message boards and emails are
"on a mission to corrupt Clay"

it's amazing how so many people say they "love" him and are his "biggest fans" and yet they want to see him totally deny his faith and his religion ... it's disgusting...