I'm finding myself focusing on the negatives about these Nationals, mainly the Olympic and World Team selections, but also some disappointing performances from some of the skaters. And that's a shame, because there were plenty of transcendent moments at these Nationals, too. Since I don't want to remember these Nationals as a watermark low, I thought a way to avoid that might be to note some "bests" or "favorites" from the week.
For me, not necessarily in order:
1) Josh Farris's performances, both programs!
2) Gracie Gold's performances, both programs!
3) I'm with Mathman in being charmed by Felicia Zhang's radiance (he mentioned her expression during their final lift in another thread). She was so appealing during the performances, and also with her genuine tears of joy in the press conference when the Olympic teams were named. And Nate was cute, the way he kept looking over at her ready to pass the microphone to her, but she just kept nodding and tearing up, and he assured us, "She's ok!" (Frenchie noted that moment, too, and it was so endearing.)
4) Jason also was beyond charming in the press conference, admitting he couldn't be quite as calm as Jeremy!
5) Dornbush's short.
6) Jeremy's short. I'm still not overall a fan, but that performance was amazing.
7) Meryl and Charlie, in performance and in the fluff pieces with Michael Buckley. They are relaxing a bit and showing more of their personalities. And Meryl really wants a dog, so that makes her a kindred spirit, being a multi-dog owner myself.
Honorable mention for Max's performances, which I quite enjoyed. Admired his improvement from earlier in the season in terms of convincingly selling the choreo/costuming package. He was fun to watch!
What were your favorite moments? Maybe some of the attendees had some fun meet and greet interactions to share, or standout performances from inside the arena?