Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Gala videos 2014 US Nationals

skating philosopher
    Quote Originally Posted by Chemistry66 View Post
    I do hate it when the commentators talk during the performances like this. Jason's currently on. Still laughing.
    He does the best running man! I'd love to see more hip-hip programs from him!

Currently frozen as a popsicle Chemistry66's Avatar
    I love the more dance-ish style lifts in Zhang/Bartholomay's Les Mis program.

Bit of trouble with the last lift (the one that gave some awesome pics from the actual competition).

Then Nate falls while they're skating and just improvises and poses on the ice until she comes back towards him. Ha. They're adorable.

Custom Title
    Ahhhh, I'm sure the people at Hilton are happy Ashley's going to Sochi. She's so much more relaxed with that Lana del Rey program.

skating philosopher
    It was heartbreaking to watch Mirai. I'm glad they showed it. I love her Golden Pond program.

skating philosopher
    So fun to watch Max again. His exhibition was one of my faves. I know I'm in the minority, but I'm glad he's going to Worlds. (And you all know I'm a Jason uber.)

Jason is so emotional.

John Couglin's dancing should be illegal.

"Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy"....really?

Celebrating the Excellence of #VirtueMoir golden411's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    It was heartbreaking to watch Mirai. I'm glad they showed it. I love her Golden Pond program.
    So fun to watch Max again. His exhibition was one of my faves. I know I'm in the minority, but I'm glad he's going to Worlds. (And you all know I'm a Jason uber.)
    Ohhh ... so verklempt for Mirai and Max. Glad that the crowd (incl. you, Mrs. P ) showed lots of appreciation for them.
    (I like Jason very much, but I am thrilled that Max is going to Worlds, where I hope/believe he will give us his best yet.
    Jason might end up at Worlds this year, and no doubt will be at future Worlds [multiple times] ... now that we know he plans to skate for eight more years.)

Loved seeing Zhang/Bartholomay.

Wish that Lipinksi et al. had given both sides of the Shibutani story: that Alex relies on Maia just as much as the other way around. Alex often gives Maia credit for her maturity and unwavering support for him.

(Why is NBC re-showing Abbott's free skate???)

Quote Originally Posted by golden411 View Post
    (Why is NBC re-showing Abbott's free skate??)
    Because they're NBC and are annoying?

skating philosopher
    Ah, I'm happy for Jeremy. It was a special moment to see him skate for one last time on Nationals ice.

Celebrating the Excellence of #VirtueMoir golden411's Avatar
    Ah, I'm happy for Jeremy. It was a special moment to see him skate for one last time on Nationals ice.
    Sorry, not trying to rain on Abbott's parade. [Surely NBC is going to show Abbott's gala program as well??]
    Just seemed strange to me to use up time during the gala broadcast to re-air any of the competitive skates from anyone.
    If time was built into the broadcast for extra stuff, I'd rather see more interviews -- with Mirai, Max, etc. And/or some coverage of top juniors.

Chock and Bates have the same gala music as Ashley? Huh. (Not that I don't like the song.)

skating philosopher
    Gracie's free skate was impressive technically, but can't say I'll be putting this on repeat on YouTube. She however should be proud of her efforts here.

Gracie's free skate was impressive technically, but can't say I'll be putting this on repeat on YouTube. She however should be proud of her efforts here.
    I kind of wish she'd get rid of the blue mesh on top of her dress for a more skin-toned color.

I still think Jason's, Felicia and Nate's, and Amber Glenn's Kiss and Cry moments were more awesome.

skating philosopher
    Quote Originally Posted by Chemistry66 View Post
    I kind of wish she'd get rid of the blue mesh on top of her dress for a more skin-toned color.

I still think Jason's, Felicia and Nate's, and Amber Glenn's Kiss and Cry moments were more awesome.
    Agreed!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast