Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Gala videos 2014 US Nationals

Celebrating the Excellence of #VirtueMoir golden411's Avatar
    Mrs. P, I guess the gala is airing on the west coast at the same time as the east coast?

I know that NBC must be skipping over some of the performances ... do you remember any super-special ones from the live show that have not aired on the telecast?

(I guess NBC decided to repeat all the winning free programs, except Castelli/Shnapir.)

skating philosopher
    Quote Originally Posted by golden411 View Post
    Mrs. P, I guess the gala is airing on the west coast at the same time as the east coast?

I know that NBC must be skipping over some of the performances ... do you remember any super-special ones from the live show that have not aired on the telecast?

(I guess NBC decided to repeat all the winning free programs, except Castelli/Shnapir.)
    Looks like they skipped the junior/novice winners. None of them were particularly memorable, a la Karen Chen fan dance.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    So fun to watch Max again. His exhibition was one of my faves. I know I'm in the minority, but I'm glad he's going to Worlds. (And you all know I'm a Jason uber.)
    Ohhh ... so verklempt for Mirai and Max. Glad that the crowd (incl. you, Mrs. P ) showed lots of appreciation for them.
    (I like Jason very much, but I am thrilled that Max is going to Worlds, where I hope/believe he will give us his best yet.
    Jason might end up at Worlds this year, and no doubt will be at future Worlds [multiple times] ... now that we know he plans to skate for eight more years.)
    I'm so happy for Max, too! He skated his best of the entire season at Nationals, and I look forward to him building on these programs heading to Worlds!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chemistry66 View Post
    Chock and Bates have the same gala music as Ashley? Huh. (Not that I don't like the song.)
    it was worse in 2008, three skaters/teams chose the same song... which is why Evan chose to skate something else...

ETA - anyone find Jason's exhibition on youtube yet? I wasn't too keen on it (my dad loved it)... but a friend wants to see it...

skating philosopher
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    it was worse in 2008, three skaters/teams chose the same song... which is why Evan chose to skate something else...

ETA - anyone find Jason's exhibition on youtube yet? I wasn't too keen on it (my dad loved it)... but a friend wants to see it...
    This is a video of someone who was there: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyIfLB_MpA4#t=28

Haven't seen the TV version out yet...

Currently frozen as a popsicle Chemistry66's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post

Look on the first page, haha. I found a fancam of it last weekend.

“Our blade takes us in the most amazing places.” skatingfan4ever's Avatar
    Can someone please upload all the gala performances from the broadcast to YouTube and post a link to the playlist here? (I wonder how long they would stay on there though ) I don't care for the commentary, but the quality is always so much better if the upload is from a TV broadcast as opposed to a fancam. I rarely miss skating on TV, but today I was so busy that it completely slipped my mind.

Another question for Mrs. P or for anyone:

Did USFS hold a closing banquet in Boston for the skaters?
    I know that it would not be something that fans could attend, but usually official and/or unofficial photos are circulated. Don't recall seeing any ... or did I somehow totally miss the boat?

(Thx for answering my previous question, Mrs. P.)

Quote Originally Posted by dardar1126 View Post
    I so happy for Max, too! He skated his best of the entire season at Nationals, and I look forward to him building on these programs heading to Worlds!!
    And I'm glad that Japan is hosting Worlds, where spectators give the skaters from all countries such a warm welcome.
    (Only wish that Mirai were joining Max.)

Custom Title
    Grrrrr i blew it and ran out of tape and didn't get the last 80 minutes taped. Serves me right for not getting another tape that i knew had enough time left on it. At least IN will have it up in the next or two.

skating philosopher
    Another question for Mrs. P or for anyone:

Did USFS hold a closing banquet in Boston for the skaters?
    I know that it would not be something that fans could attend, but usually official and/or unofficial photos are circulated. Don't recall seeing any ... or did I somehow totally miss the boat?

(Thx for answering my previous question, Mrs. P.)

And I'm glad that Japan is hosting Worlds, where spectators give the skaters from all countries such a warm welcome.
    (Only wish that Mirai were joining Max.)
    They did have a closing banquet, I believe. Here are a few photos:

http://instagram.com/p/jHSj6FEjT9/ (Jason and Polina, posted by Polina)
    http://instagram.com/p/jNkTUiy7ri/ (Gracie and Maia, posted by Maia)
    http://instagram.com/p/jNYwdPS7tT/ (U.S. Olympic Team, posted by Maia)

Not related to the banquet, but Polina Edmunds posted this very nice photo of her and Jason at the end of the Gala: http://instagram.com/p/jTIgGVEjT0/
    As I'd said elsewhere it was one of my favorite moments -- the two young ones holding the flag, excited to represent Team USA!

Outdated Old Dinosaur
    Didn't get a chance to watch.

Have D/W changed their exhibition number? I hope so.

Love them, but that exhibition number was really unmemorable at GPF.

Custom Title
    I like Polina okay, but she's still a real junior skater when it comes to choreography and presentation. I did not like her musical hodge-podge exhibition number...every time one bit of music ended I thought "Please let this be over!...and then ANOTHER bit of music would begin!

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    They did have a closing banquet, I believe. Here are a few photos:

http://instagram.com/p/jHSj6FEjT9/ (Jason and Polina, posted by Polina)
    http://instagram.com/p/jNkTUiy7ri/ (Gracie and Maia, posted by Maia)
    http://instagram.com/p/jNYwdPS7tT/ (U.S. Olympic Team, posted by Maia)

Not related to the banquet, but Polina Edmunds posted this very nice photo of her and Jason at the end of the Gala: http://instagram.com/p/jTIgGVEjT0/
    As I'd said elsewhere it was one of my favorite moments -- the two young ones holding the flag, excited to represent Team USA!
    Thanks for the photo links, Mrs. P.
    (Duh, I had forgotten that I already had seen the photo of Jason and Polina at the banquet. When I saw it before, it made me smile because Jason looks rather spiffy in his suit.)

Wish that Lipinksi et al. had given both sides of the Shibutani story: that Alex relies on Maia just as much as the other way around. Alex often gives Maia credit for her maturity and unwavering support for him.
    OTOH, a pat on the back for NBC for another bit of color:
    At the time of Max's gala skate, I was pleased that Maddie Aaron and Max Settlage got a mention (by Gannon, IIRC) for winning the junior pairs gold in Boston.

Custom Title
    OTOH, a pat on the back for NBC for another bit of color:
    At the time of Max's gala skate, I was pleased that Maddie Aaron and Max Settlage got a mention (by Gannon, IIRC) for winning the junior pairs gold in Boston.
    I thought that was nice, too!

Custom Title
    Has anyone seen any videos of the gala go up online yet? I completely missed the gala and goofed on setting my dvr!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast