More Photojournalistic Atrocities From Yahoo | Golden Skate

More Photojournalistic Atrocities From Yahoo

Idle, what Yahoo group are these from? I agree. Anyone who can make cutie-pie Elena S. look bad definitely has some kind of vendetta going. :laugh: (Cynthia is Canadian, of course)

Mathman

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Blurry.....I was thinking along the same lines. At least these people know what they will look like a few years from now..........:) 42

Those pics are fun to look at...I guess the pics show the concentration going on with the skaters as they do their jumps.
I'd love to be able to have the equipment and eye it takes to get photos like that, tho....the skaters may look silly, but it shows great photography skills.

Luckily, no one had cameras at dance class when I was there in my younger years....I was always being told to NOT stick my tongue out.....I guess to concentrate properly I had to stick it out!:rolleye:

John King

Final Flight
Let's look at the bright side,if they fail at skating,they can always find a new career with Nasa,it looks as if they had that high-velocity training down pat!:laugh:

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Idleracer, :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

[SIZE=6[b]]More, More, More!!![/SIZE][/b]

Dee

Germanice

On the Ice
Oh no, we have to be fair and well-balanced here ... there MUST be a pic somewhere ... during a spin or a jump ... where even Alexei looks extremly ugly ... :laugh:

Anke

sk8er1964

On the Ice
That's what I thought too, about the Abt one. Wow - what height!

Alexei1 shows a very nice, ummm, backside :laugh: .

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Today's sophisticated cameras don't miss any details! When one compares pictures from past skaters in these poses it makes them look like stills. It's amazing. Not at all flattering of course, but the skaters are forcing themselves to fly through the air at great speeds and concentrating on what they are doing. I like the pictures of the skaters in mid-air performing a jump - like "hanging in the air."

ah - figure skating....

:love:

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
In Koroleva - Alexei 3, it looks like Alexei is saying ---- Am I going to hit the ceiling????:laugh: :laugh:

Dee

N

nthuz

If any of you currently have a kid competing, you get to see your kid and every other skater constantly flashing across the screens at the photo counter in all sorts of unflattering shots.

Most local Club comps have a photog positioned rinkside who just lets his digital camera go wild through all the competitors programs. They usually get about 15 to 30 shots of a 2 to 3 minute program then let them scroll away at the booth hoping for parents to buy some.

Anyone can look at all the unflattering shots at sites like ledinvideo.com .