Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Can Gracie win the gold in Sochi?

Can Gracie win the gold in Sochi?

Frank has tweaked and she was beautiful. I wonder how many noticed the homage to "pretty woman" in her SP dress. Exact sweetheart neckline with silver sequins to make it an FS dress. Scott said repeatedly she jumps as well as anyone in the world. They all seem so impressed. I am so happy for this girl. America has two beautiful ice princesses, but Gold is skating like a champion. So glad she was so confident and did what she does everyday. Go Gracie!!!

Quote Originally Posted by skateluvr View Post
    Frank has tweaked and she was beautiful. I wonder how many noticed the homage to "pretty woman" in her SP dress. Exact sweetheart neckline with silver sequins to make it an FS dress. Scott said repeatedly she jumps as well as anyone in the world. They all seem so impressed. I am so happy for this girl. America has two beautiful ice princesses, but Gold is skating like a champion. So glad she was so confident and did what she does everyday. Go Gracie!!!
    She can certainly jump well, but she's not an artist. I don't see her getting massive PCS even if she goes clean. If all the top contenders skate inadequately and make several mistakes...then yes she has a chance. Otherwise, she probably won't win.

she's as elegant as anyone out there, and an artist as much as anyone. She is the whole package and has the highest jump content, over all.

If The others top skaters skate really bad and she skate her best, may be can get The OGM

I'm gonna Customize the CRAP out of this Title!!! Frenchie's Avatar
    Skateluvr, do you actually get money for each new thread you open?!?

“Our blade takes us in the most amazing places.” skatingfan4ever's Avatar
    No. She may be able to get on the podium with two lights out programs (depending on how the other contenders skate and the scores they get), but the gold will go to either Yuna Kim or Mao Asada.

Custom Title
    If she skates like she did here, and she has some help, I can see her getting bronze or silver. YuNa or/and Mao will have to practically disintegrate before she jumps ahead of both of them, though.

Custom Title
    I saw the free skate live and didn't think she was as good as people claimed her to be. She did land the jumps, but some of them looked messy (Her 3lz-3t was also not as big as I imagined it to be...). Her artistry has improved, especially the arm movements, but she has a long, LONG way to go.

But yes, to answer your question, she does have a chance, but others will have to make HUGE mistakes and she needs to be fully clean. So I would say maybe a 0.1% chance. Haha. Aiming for the bronze would be much more realistic.

Custom Title
    I am so impressed with Gracie, really. I think she is a formidable opponent and a future "it" girl. But I don't think she is the best of the best just yet. If YuNa and Mao perform their best, I don't think anyone is going to be able to top them, regardless of what they do. And everyone knows if Carolina can deliver, the judges will be over the moon. I wonder how 2014 Nationals Gracie stacks against the two 2014 Nationals Russians…plus they will have home field advantage. Regardless, if Gracie skates cleanly, she will be a contender for top 6 and who knows, maybe can sneak onto the podium…never know! I do think she is most likely to be top placing US Lady. But I would say a very outside chance for Gold, most realistically top 6/if all the stars align-bronze contender.

Custom Title
    I don't see gold for Gold in Sochi, but she certainly will be a threat for the World podium if not in 2014, then beyond. She has improved so much in such a short time.

Quote Originally Posted by frenchie View Post
    skateluvr, do you actually get money for each new thread you open?!?
    so, you know....

She has a chance. A very slim one.

Quote Originally Posted by andyjo24 View Post
    I saw the free skate live and didn't think she was as good as people claimed her to be. She did land the jumps, but some of them looked messy (Her 3lz-3t was also not as big as I imagined it to be...). Her artistry has improved, especially the arm movements, but she has a long, LONG way to go.
    I watched her performance through a television screen and still thought the same thing. Her 3-3 combo on BOTH nights in particular seemed more labored. In the past, they would be completely solid and so fluid, but it was as if she would take quick breaks in between her triple lutz and her triple toe loop (because she landed a little too much forward). Personally, I'd be pissed if she got +1.20 GOE in international competition with that combination--but I'm okay with it here at Nationals.

I honestly thought she and Polina were both overscored in terms of +GOE on their 3-3 combinations and I really hope that just because they were successful at Nationals that intnernational judges don't suddenly give them Yuna GOE for slightly-off jumps. That's just horrible encouragement to keep doing messy jumps.

On the Ice
    Nope. If she skates flawlessly, then maybe a top 5 finish.

Tripping on the Podium
    Realistically She has a chance! Anything could happen, I think She has podium chance. I'm not gonna take "Gold for Yuna/Mao" or anything for granted. 2 days ago everyone thought Ashley was going to land in Sochi as U.S. #1 and now Gracie is the U.S Champion... If I've learned anything from Olympics It's surprises are no surprise.

I believe in Gracie

Custom Title
    Technically she can, but I'm not sure what it would say about the level of performance if Gracie wins the OGM. There are too many better choreographed long programs in the ladies' event, and I would HOPE its not a splatfest from Akiko, Yuna, Mao, Caro etc (the only scenario that would make that possible).

Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast