Can Gracie win the gold in Sochi? | Page 10 | Golden Skate

Can Gracie win the gold in Sochi?

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think Gracie vs Lipnitskaia is the most likely battle she'll be in. Sadly it will only be for a medal IF Adelina faulters(likely IMO) If either Mao or Yuna fail, we'll then Gracie/Lipnitskaia begin the battle for maybe even a silver. If this were judged fair and neutral then Julia should destroy Gracie's FS right. So for Gracie to beat Julia, which I think must happen in the SP, she is still only looking at a Silver at best. So I'll say No. Gracie will not get a gold BUT if her and Julia can garner enough attention via a good battle then maybe they can pull each other up the standings like two race drivers drafting each other in an auto race. I know that's an odd way to put it but this is how my mind works. I didn't even mention a certain Italian who may throw a wrench in the whole thing. Gracie should be happy where she's at. A top 5 would be great for her and inevitably bill her as a top contender over the next four years.

Yuna Yuna Yuna yuna(now my Yuna's per post quota has been met and exceeded):thumbsup:

Barb

Record Breaker
In this forum you can not to say Yuna has not the most incredible 3-3 or whatever element, because immediatly your opinion is garbage :rolleye:. About all other skaters, topics, etc, everyone can to say their opinion without much problem, not about Yuna.

yuki90

On the Ice
In this forum you can not to say Yuna has not the most incredible 3-3 or whatever element, because immediatly your opinion is garbage :rolleye:. About all other skaters, topics, etc, everyone can to say their opinion without much problem, not about Yuna.

Wow here is another YuNa-basher. Don't you see the posts brought YuNa in this thread to bash her?

If you think trolling is equel to having an opinion, then why don't you go on Youtube? and enjoy your time there.

Barb

Record Breaker
Wow here is another YuNa-basher. Don't you see the posts brought YuNa in this thread to bash her?

If you think trolling is equel to having an opinion, then why don't you go on Youtube? and enjoy your time there.

What trolling :scratch:?????, someone only said that for him/her Gracie´s 3-3 is better than Yuna´s. You and all members comment all time that one skater or element is better or worse than other´s and it is normal, trolling is another thing. For some Yuna fans anything not possitive about Yuna is trolling.

yuki90

On the Ice
Post 1: Gracie will compete against her idol Yuna (backed by news articles containing her quotes)

Yuna-hater #1: No, she doesn't. Yuna is no where near Michelle. Michelle is the best.

Post 2: Gracie probably won't win OGM over the likes of Yuna and Mao.

Yuna-hater #2: Yuna's time was so 4 years ago. She has ugly flat feet that makes me want to claw my eyes out.

In my book, that's off-topic trolling.

Don't you see this? ):

Barb

Record Breaker
Don't you see this? ):

yes, it is only a opinion, some people exaggerate their expressions to say something, a lot of people say all time Akiko spins are ugly too. And about "Michelle is the best" it is ok, probably you think Yuna is the best, are you wrong???, I don´t know, it is your opinion, it is subjetive. And you didn´t see the Yuna fan: your opinion is garbage.he is trolling too?.

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
How did this become a thread about trolling and what defines it?

:popcorn:

Barb

Record Breaker
In my opinion, this is trolling and attacking.

If you think this is just an opinion and should be respected,

How about this? I'm sure You have a very pathetic life and full of hatred about YuNa whenever I see your posts about Yuna you make me want to my claw my eyes out.

Is it totally OK with you? because It is just an opinion so should be respected in here.

Nobody is talking about the personal life of Yuna, they are talking about her skating. You are attacking personally, it is different.

yuki90

On the Ice
The ugly position of her leg IS part of her skating.

Go read that post again. Trolling includes the way they express their opinion. So ugly body is a part of someone's skating?

Don't you think It could be a personal attack to YuNa ?WoW you are so generous, You have every right to say someone's body is ugly when they skate and generalize with personal opinion but you don't have the right to say a word like garbage?

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think Gracie vs Lipnitskaia is the most likely battle she'll be in. Sadly it will only be for a medal IF Adelina faulters(likely IMO) If either Mao or Yuna fail, we'll then Gracie/Lipnitskaia begin the battle for maybe even a silver. If this were judged fair and neutral then Julia should destroy Gracie's FS right. So for Gracie to beat Julia, which I think must happen in the SP, she is still only looking at a Silver at best. So I'll say No. Gracie will not get a gold BUT if her and Julia can garner enough attention via a good battle then maybe they can pull each other up the standings like two race drivers drafting each other in an auto race. I know that's an odd way to put it but this is how my mind works. I didn't even mention a certain Italian who may throw a wrench in the whole thing. Gracie should be happy where she's at. A top 5 would be great for her and inevitably bill her as a top contender over the next four years.

Yuna Yuna Yuna yuna(now my Yuna's per post quota has been met and exceeded):thumbsup:

For every Yuna I typed I balanced it with a Gracie. 6 to 6. This is called staying on topic and getting your Yuna cred at the same time. This post has an 8 to 8 ratio. Gracie:rolleye:

EricRohmer

On the Ice
If Gracie gets to the podium at Sochi, it will really be an astonishing accomplishment.
Because Gracie has just one international win(JGP) in her career unlike Julia(8!) & Adelina(5).

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Has Gracie ever beaten Julia? I don't think so but I could be wrong.

Ven

Match Penalty
There's also a Russia vs. US dynamic...it's even more unlikely for the U.S. to medal in Russia.

I really think it just comes down to Yuna, Mao, Akiko, Julia, and Adelina. I can't see anyone else having a shot at medal, maybe Kostner, but I doubt it.

Nadia01

Final Flight
True, but I think CaroK has a legit chance at a medal in Sochi, given how much judges love her.