Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Can Gracie win the gold in Sochi?

Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    Gracie has about 20-40%
    the only legitimate skate who can challenge a clean Yuna for the Gold
    If Yuna & Grace both go clean, Yuna will still beat Gracie b/c of her PCS.

Compare PCS Yuna gets from her international comps & GG gets from hers. Gracie's not going to get Yuna's PCS overnight just because she won the US Nats once.

Custard Title
    Gracie has about 20-40%
    You're funny. Gracie Gold is not touching a clean Yuna. She's not going within bowing distance, throwing distance, longbow range distance, whatever.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadia01 View Post
    Yu Na would score higher on TES too. The U.S Nationals is the best Gold has ever skated, and obviously Nationalistic based scoring that would automatically be lower at a Worlds or Olympics, and her TES was still lower than Kim from Worlds last year.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CarneAsada View Post
    You're funny. Gracie Gold is not touching a clean Yuna. She's not going within bowing distance, throwing distance, longbow range distance, whatever.
    Gracie's GOE will probably just be a few points less in total of GOE to Yuna's
    while PCS of Yuna will be higher of course
    she can be at least close to clean Yuna, maybe not enough to win

she also has like Yuna the speed, distance and power on her jumps ,
    an appealing beauty that judges give bonus points for Yuna
    Gracie has the Miss USA smile + blonde hollywood look

Custom Title

Compare PCS Yuna gets from her international comps & GG gets from hers. Gracie's not going to get Yuna's PCS overnight just because she won the US Nats once.
    Yuna will destroy Gracie on TES and PCS. Gracie has better spins than Yuna, but her jump quality is lacking in comparison. Gracie may be able to do all the jumps, but her jumps deserve meager GOE. Her jumps do not have flow or ice coverage. I actually thought her jumps in her Nationals free skate were very poor quality. 3-3 was very poor in comparison to Yuna's - no flow and no ice coverage. The same as the rest of her jumps, which are more comparable to Julia Lipnitskaia's than Yuna Kim's.

actually julia is more of a threat than gracie.. but if gracie is clean and managed to do all the jumps then i think she has a chance.. though it will depend how yuna, mao, kostner, akiko, and the russian girls will do..

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by cooper View Post
    actually julia is more of a threat than gracie.. but if gracie is clean and managed to do all the jumps then i think she has a chance.. though it will depend how yuna, mao, kostner, akiko, and the russian girls will do..
    Julia is talented and Julia has a chance to podium but Gracie has edge because of her body type - she looks like a blossomed lady already
    she is faster, has bigger jumps thus can rack higher GOE

Julia is talented and Julia has a chance to podium but Gracie has edge because of her body type - she looks like a blossomed lady already
    she is faster, has bigger jumps thus can rack higher GOE
    yeah.. i give gracie the edge because of her jumps but a clean julia is more enticing.. her lp has a potential to sweep everyone's hearts.. plus it will be held in her home country..

Gracie has about 20-40%
    BTW - I forgot to add one more thing --

The only LEGITIMATE SKATER who can challenge a clean Yuna is a clean Mao. That's it.

I think Gracie can beat the Russians if they all hit (and home ice scoring doesn't inflate the Russian's performances) but she's for sure going to need help from Yuna Kim and Mao Asada imo. Carolina Kostner has looked vulnerable this season - I think she is beatable.

Banned
    BTW - I forgot to add one more thing --

The only LEGITIMATE SKATER who can challenge a clean Yuna is a clean Mao. That's it.
    except Mao can't go clean with her two 3A in her FS

Rinkside
    No American will medal, including Gold. It doesn't matter what she does; there will be at least four or five skaters ahead of her in the final standings. Yuna, Mao and Akiko are skaters she can't touch with a ten-foot pole no matter how they skate, Julia and Adelina's clean performances are already better than her clean performances and they will get higher scores still because the judges will want one of them on the podium, and then there's Carolina Kostner, who may be shaky and inconsistent but will be the darling of the judges and the audience.

I'm sorry, guys, but the question of Gold getting a medal only occurs to American fans. No one else can see it happening.

Well, Gracie it made it no secret that she idolizes Yuna, and now, she will get to compete head-to-head against her idol.

I think as of now, Gracie is better skater than Julia, although Julia will get home bonus points.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Headband View Post
    Yuna, Mao and Akiko are skaters she can't touch with a ten-foot pole no matter how they skate
    I agree with the first two, but not Akiko

She is not untouchable for Gold, very beatable instead. If Gold goes clean, Akiko need the skate of her life to beat Gold, and their score will go side by side, Akiko for PCS, and Gold for TES

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by nguyenghita View Post
    I agree with the first two, but not Akiko

She is not untouchable for Gold, very beatable instead. If Gold goes clean, Akiko need the skate of her life to beat Gold, and their score will go side by side, Akiko for PCS, and Gold for TES
    Their TES will be comparable, but Gold will never be able to touch Suzuki in PCS if both skate clean.

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast