Favorite Performance from US Nationals? | Golden Skate

Favorite Performance from US Nationals?

cornell08

Final Flight
What was your favorite program-- long or short-- from Nationals 2014?

Mine were:

Pairs: Felicia Zhang & Nate Bartholomay FS

Ladies: Samantha Cesario FS

Ice Dance: Chock & Bates FD (surprisingly)

Men: Douglas Razzano FS (!!)

(Sorry if someone already started a thread like this! I've been unable to sign in for days so not really caught up.)

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Men: Jason Brown L.p., Ross Miner's LP, Doug Razzano L.P.
Ladies: Cesario L.p.. She had the best ever villainous Carmen. Mirai as Bond Girl Vs in 2nd.
Pair's: Castelli & Shnapir sp. Nothing else came close.
Dance: Opposite problem. A whole flight of wonderful performances. Shoutout to Hawayek & Baker 's Amelie fd in juniors too, even though flawed. C&b sd, Shibs' fd, d&w fd. All wonderful. Also shoutout to Reynolds & Reynolds Cats FD, and Cannuscio & Bramante FD, Lynn&Logan's Spartacus FD

tulosai

Record Breaker
Ladies: Nagasu LP, Barbie Long SP (but wow is she slow compared to the top ladies). Gold sort of but only technically- she is still very much lacking something. Honestly in general I found the ladies underwhelming and also incredibly stressful... I really do think I am best suited to watching high pressure competitions on my couch at home with my infamous bottle of wine and should stick to GP events and non Oly year nationals for maximum enjoyment.

Dance: As Doris says, opposite problem. I though D/W FD and C/B SD were INCREDIBLE standouts. I also really liked Aldrige/Eton, and Shibs FD. Everyone in the top 6 was amazing in the long though.

Pairs: Zhang/Bartholomy have some nice qualities, and C/S SP was great. Otherwise also underwhelming.

caitie

Medalist
If I must choose just one...

Men: Jeremy Abbott's short program
Ladies: ugh I just can't talk about the ladies rn, je refuse!
Pairs: Felicia and Nate's FS performance
Dance: Davis & White's Shez

Honorable Mentions:
Jason Brown's everything
Max's improvement
Richard Dornbush's short program performance
Josh Farris's long program
Hannah Miller's long program
Polina's short program performance
Cesario's long program
C/B for finally rising to the challenge of the powerful music in their FD.
Shibs for listening to the constructive criticism of their FD and noticeably improving it.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Jason Brown, Max Aaron's free skate, Jeremy's performances, Mirai's performances, Ross Miner's free skate, Doug Razzano, Josh Farris, Samantha Caesario's free skate, Felicia & Nate, Ricky's short program, Meryl & Charlie The Shibs :love:

merrywidow

Record Breaker
Men: Max Aaron & Ross Miner's FS & Ricky Dornbush's SP
Ladies: Gracie Gold SP/FP
Dance: Davis & White; Chock & Bates
Pairs:Zhang/Bartholomay