Team:
1. Canada
2. Russia
3. USA

Elistra

Rinkside
What is Kim's jump plan?

SP: 3Lz-3T, 3F, 2A.
LP: 3Lz-3T, 3F, 3S-2T, 3Lz, 3S, 2A-2T-2L, 2A.

Her short program jump layout isn't weak at all. Please tell me how many other top contenders in the ladies plan to do both 3Lz and 3F in SP?
She repeats 3Lz and 3S in her free program. Granted, She no longer does 2A-3T like in Vancouver due to the 2A limit rule. However, her LP jump layout isn't exactly too weak either.

ahy

Final Flight

Her short program jump layout isn't weak at all. Please tell me how many other top contenders in the ladies plan to do both 3Lz and 3F in SP?
She repeats 3Lz and 3S in her free program. Granted, She no longer does 2A-3T like in Vancouver due to the 2A limit rule. However, her LP jump layout isn't exactly too weak either.
ita, combining both is not that weak

bekalc

Record Breaker
Pairs
V/T
S/S
S/K

Dance
D/W
V/T
I/K

Mens
Hanyu
Chan
Machida

Ladies
Kim
Julia
Asada

Team
Russia
Canada
United States

Medal Count
Russia-5 Canada-3 Japan-3 USA-2

Florencito

Medalist
Only dream podiums

MEN
1. Fernandez
2. Abbott
3. Brown or Takahashi

LADIES
1. Kim
2. Suzuki
3. Li or Marchei

PAIRS
1. Savchenko/Szolkowy
2- Pang/Tong
3. Berton/Hotarek

ICE DANCE
1. Pechalat/Bourzat
2. Weaver/Poje
3. Cappellini/Lanotte or Ilinykh/Katsalapov

TEAM
1. Italy
2. Japan
3. China

Well, one can dream, right? :laugh:

TonyaHardlyEver

Rinkside

With her PCS she doesn't need the difficulty but the LP does seem watered down. Ashley better step it up if she plans on being competitive. She need that triple triple and the double axel triple toe especially with the Russian girls and if Mao goes clean with two triple axels.

Sk8n Mama

Final Flight
I hesitate to predict because my track record is *always* wrong!

Ladies: the field is so deep, anyone could take gold depending on how they all skate. Assuming ALL clean, it would be Yu-Na, Mao, Julia...but that's a huge assumption. If I were Mao, I'd stop fooling with the 3ax and go for clean.

Men: Hanyu, Javier, Chan. It pains me to write that. As a Canadian, I want the first men's gold for CA. That said, the popped jumps at Nats are a concern. This is why, in an Olympic year, you upgrade your technical coaching a la Gracie Gold.

Dance: White/Davis, Virtue/Moir, someone European. I'm not a Davis/White fan, at all, but the writing is on the wall that they're getting the gold, no matter how they skate.

Pairs: V/T, S/S, P/T...Russians will be thrown a bone in the pairs because they're hosting and can't be elevated to gold in Dance without controversy. The Russians are a strong pair anyway so, I think, so long as they skate clean, they'll win gold.

desertskates

Medalist
This is just what my gut says after seeing everyone's nationals (Europeans, etc) for the ladies:
1. Yuna
2. Adelina
3. Julia
4. Mao
5. Akiko
6. Ashley

I'll add my dream standings since others are :)
1. Yuna
2. Akiko
3. Ashley
4. Julia
5. Mao
6. Carolina

nagoya

Rinkside
too much dream predictions in this thread .. just accept tge fact that either yuna kim or mao asada will fight for the gold and just predict the bronze medalist .. on the mens field it will be much tighter and anybody in the last group after the short program can win so stop all the nonsense although my prediction is that julia is locked on the bronze 60% unless she makes mistakes and suzuki is flawless then suzuki will bring home the bronze, or either kostner if she stops drinking coffee

arvinn1991

Spectator
MENS

1- Yuzuru Hanyu
2 - Patrick Chan
3 - Evgeni Plushenko
4 - Daisuke Takahashi
5 - Javier Fernandez

Although Patrick is the 'favorite' and I wish him the best, his inconsistency in competition may drop him from Gold. Yuzuru has been incredible this season and seems to be handling pressure quite well, so I believe he has the highest degree of consistency to grab Gold. Plushenko is the Russian hero and he will have home advantage, so I think he will be rewarded a medal (unless he completely flops).

LADIES

1 - Yuna Kim
2 - Mao Asada
3 - Carolina Kostner
4 - Gracie Gold
5 - Ashley Wagner

Yuna ... is there even a question about it. Unless she completely flops, she is guaranteed the Gold. Mao has been great the past couple of seasons, so she should put forward a great performance.

PAIRS

1 - Tatiana Volosozhar / Maxim Trankov
2 - Aliona Savchenko / Robin Szolkowy
3 - Pang Qing / Tong Jian
4 - Duhamel / Radford

This discipline is probably the most predictable, especially with the top two teams.

DANCE

1 - Davis/White
2 - Virtue/Moir
3 - Ilinykh / Katsalapov
4 - Cappellini / Lanotte
5 - ....

Again, top two teams are very predictable ... although Im rooting for Virtue/Moir, David/White have dominated the past two seasons so it is reasonable to assume they will take gold. And there has to be a russian team on the podium or all hell will break loose.

TEAM

1 - Russia/Canada
2 - Russia/Canada
3 - USA

Russia and Canada has the most well-rounded teams so I predict they will take gold and silver. USA is close by, so bronze is feasible.

elif

Medalist
Ladies
1. Yu-Na Kim
2. Gracie Gold
3. Julia Lipntiskaia
Men
1.Yuzuru Hanyu
2. Patrich Chan
3.Javier Fernandez
Pairs
1.Volosozhar/Trankov
2.Savchenko/Szolkowy
3.Pang/Tong
İce dance
1.Davis/White
2.Virtue/Moir
3.Ilinykh/Katsalapov
Team
1.Canada
2.Russia
3.USA

Manuel Pablo Arnao

Figure Skating Fan & Real Estate Agent in LA!
On the Ice
too much dream predictions in this thread .. just accept tge fact that either yuna kim or mao asada will fight for the gold and just predict the bronze medalist .. on the mens field it will be much tighter and anybody in the last group after the short program can win so stop all the nonsense although my prediction is that julia is locked on the bronze 60% unless she makes mistakes and suzuki is flawless then suzuki will bring home the bronze, or either kostner if she stops drinking coffee

what do you mean by the coffee remark?

invisiblespiral

Record Breaker
I think she means that Kostner should be more refined? :confused:

And why can't we all have a little fun with our predictions, Nagoya?

Hmm... how about this one?

1. (Tie) Yuna Kim/Mao Asada
3. Akiko Suzuki
4. Julia Lipnitskaya

:p

andyjo24

Medalist
I'm only interested in the ladies, so...

My predictions

1) Yu-na Kim
2) Julia Lipnitskaya
3) Mao Asada

My dream podium (If this comes true, I will :biggrin: hehe).

1) Yu-na Kim
2) Akiko Suzuki
3) Carolina Kostner

Ilvskating

Final Flight
My prediction:
Ladies:
Gold Kim
Silver Gold
Bronze Mao/Julia/Zijun/Akkiko

Men:
Gold Chen
Silver Hanyu
Bronzw Javier

Pair:
Gold V/T
Silver P/T
Bronze S/S

Dance:
Gold D/W
Silver V/M
Bronze one of the Russian, Franch or Italian team.

urara

Rinkside
Men
1. Hanyu
2. Chan
3. Abbott or Takahashi

I have a hunch that the bronze medal will go to a veteran skater planning to retire after this season.
If Plushenko skates, he may come in third.

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
I think the favs in men and ladies will succumb to nerves to some extent and we will have a few surprises. Pairs and dance? No.
Men
Fernandez
Hanyu
Machida

Ladies
Lipnitskayia
Kim
Suzuki

Pairs
Volosozhar/Trankov
Savchenko/Szolkowy
Pang/Tong

Dance
Davis/White
Virtue/Moir
Ilinykh/Katsalapov

Sackie

Medalist
Team Event:
USA
RUS
Canada

Men:
Hanyu
Chan
Plushenko

Ladies:
Kim
Gold
Asada

Dance:
D/W - no contest they have been set up to win this all season
V/M - will be about 5 points back - will get dinged again in the short with low levels
B/S - will be close to V/M - will get high levels in the short and may even be ahead of V/M

Pairs:
V/T
S/S
S/K

bestskate8

On the Ice
Considering Oly is in Russia in Europe, then guessing Russian skaters will get bounce not let then North Americans in Vancouver.

So if everybody skate clean.

Men
Plushenko ( if skate )
Chan
Hanyu

Ladies
Lipnitskaya
Kostner
Yuna Kim

Pairs
V/T
S/Z