Ice Dance SD - 2014 European Championships | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Ice Dance SD - 2014 European Championships

I really enjoyed Plutowska and Gerber.. I wish I could understand what the commentator was saying about Weaver and Poje. Do they train with them?

He said Gerber is born in Canada but is representing Poland because of very high level in Canada (Virtue/Moir, Weaver/Poje, etc.). What the commentator doesn't know is that Gerber's parent are Polish. He's Polish-Canadian. Plutowska/Gerber train with Shpilband.

Carmen95

Rinkside
I am SO BORED after the first two groups, my mind is numb. :p

Know what you mean... half of the time I feel like every time is using the same music... (reminds me of the first time I watched compulsorys (from Olympics 2010) and did not get that the logic of compulsory was that everybody skates to the same music... I wondered why they all had no creativity... :D )

Kavaliova/Bieliaev skated to a swing version of "Creep" which featured the lyrics: 'so ******* special' which theoretically they should get a music deduction for, since ISU disapproves of swear words. :p

Carmen95

Rinkside
Agreed... I was really surprised when I heard the lyrics...
Hurtado/Diaz were quite good, a bit more refreshing and a nice lift!

Hurtado/Diaz were fantastic! Finally a high level of skating, they have improved so much after the last tough season.

Mysliveckova/Brown were a hot mess, on the other hand.

And another fantastic performance, this time from Fournier Boudry/Sorensen. Heaps of attack and expression throughout, they've really slain it!

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I'm back, all fed and watered!

Just arrived back in time for Lucie and Neil. A couple I really like (largely because I've had some very nice conversations with Lucie - she's a lovely girl!) Very disappointed!

From the comments, I take it that not much has happened since I left at the end of group 1. Well, apart from the Spaniards being good.

Frenchie - I'll watch that video during the next interval (is it after this group, or the next?)

CaroLiza_fan

Why did Japaridze dump Reed? Or did she dump him? Because Telegina is a much much weaker skater than him. It was quite awkward to watch.

Sinitsina/Zhiganshin were fast, confident and attacked the program well but I found the choreography quite generic.

Frenchie

I'm gonna customize the CRAP out of this title!
Medalist
S/Z are so likeable! It seemed like they started with even more energy than usual, as if to tell the judges "pick us! we're a top team, even if we have to skate so early!"
... made me a little worried that they'd push too hard...
and i did notice 2 little stumbles - 1 from her just before the music switch, and later a little imperfection of him...
Still a good SD!

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
huge PCS improvement
still hoping they to go to the Olympics

go Ruslan and Vika :yay:

Alessandrini/Vaturi really didn't seem to have improved much and they've been competing in seniors for a while now. Their edges were quite shallow.

They were really lucky to get a 'skating late PCS boost' because this should have been beaten by the Finns.

alebi

Medalist
S/Z are my favourite russian couple, why are they skating in this group? Is it something related to world ranking? I still don't understand how they make the groups, apart from the drawing :laugh:

Poor Dun. Freaky fall on transitions and then lost focus and missed a few steps on the step sequence. Ouch!

Mattieu

Medalist
S/Z are my favourite russian couple, why are they skating in this group? Is it something related to world ranking? I still don't understand how they make the groups, apart from the drawing :laugh:

Their world standing is not high enough for them to be in later groups, as they only did one GP and didn't do any B internationals for extra points.
http://www.isuresults.com/ws/ws/wsdance.htm

They were 1 place off being in the top 2 groups!