Ice Dance SD - 2014 European Championships | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Ice Dance SD - 2014 European Championships

Kolbe/Caruso skated very well, really good job!

S/Z are my favourite russian couple, why are they skating in this group? Is it something related to world ranking? I still don't understand how they make the groups, apart from the drawing :laugh:

According to world ranking.

No world ranking = skating first
Lowest world ranking = first two groups
Higher world ranking = following two groups
Higher world ranking = following two groups
and so it goes

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
I could not care less about the standings
I just dont want R/T anywhere near a 60+ mark

Heekin-Canedy Dun - 12th last year, not in the FD this year
Mysliveckova/Brown - 14th last year, not in the FD this year

Thanks to IJS, you have to deliver on the night. 'Reputation' won't hold you up any more (at least not like it used to).

Shtork/Rand had a fun program but she's just so wooden and they don't have the speed, power and flow to contend at the highest level, IMO. I'd have that outside top 20, sorry.

(I guess there's something I am clearly not seeing, given they just got their new PB and placed really well ;))

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
I've been sick as a dog the last two days and slept through this, but it doesn't seem like I've missed much. Well hope springs eternal--so here's hoping for better things from the last two groups.

Carmen95

Rinkside
Oh yes, since Finlandia Trophy I am just loving to watch Tobias/Stagniunas... it´s great that she received the citizenship of Lithunia and they can compete at the Olympics, they are enjoyable!

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
CaroLiza_fan, if you're bored, boy do I have the right video for you!!!

Just watched it during the re-surfacing, and although it is a bit slower than usual, it is not too slow. I think they've got the balance right.

I won't give away the punchline in case anybody else wants to watch it. But it was good! ;) :biggrin: :laugh:

CaroLiza_fan

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Yes, that last lift has a really cool entrance, but all I could think of watching them was, why is he wearing something that looks like a cheap faux-tux t-shirt?

LOL, I need more meds...

Fantastic speed and attack from Coomes/Buckland.

Tobias sold the program well but the choreo itself was a bit bland.

I am sorry but Riazanova/Tkachenko should either retire or go move to the US to work with Shpilband full-time. They are not improving, they didn't manage to develop a style that would work for them, their programs are quite bland and underwhelming. They are just not going anywhere.

I thought they were very promising when they started skating together but they seem to lack direction.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
I am sorry but Riazanova/Tkachenko should either retire or go move to the US to work with Shpilband full-time. They are not improving, they didn't manage to develop a style that would work for them, their programs are quite bland and underwhelming. They are just not going anywhere.

I thought they were very promising when they started skating together but they seem to lack direction.

Sinitsina/Zhiganshin ahead of R/T :yay:

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker

They're Ice Dancing's answer to nembutal. Make that an overdose of nembutal.

I found it interesting that Papadakis and Cizeron got a smaller ovation AFTER they skated than before. I don't think that music works at all which is a shame because they have so much potential. Still can't take my eyes off him.

Papadakis/Cizeron have an explosive quality to their skating and they deserve better choreography.

Ilinykh/Katsalapov *really* delivered, finally!

Carmen95

Rinkside
Question - where did the -1.00 deduction for Coomes/Buckland came from? Did I miss sth while I sneezed?!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Ilinykh/Katsalapov were pretty good. Solid 69+ score but looks like they missed a few levels. But alas, they should be happy with that performance.