Ladies SP - 2014 European Championships | Page 11 | Golden Skate

Ladies SP - 2014 European Championships

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
Strong skate for Mae, into 2nd. 3T-3T, 3S with a step out, 2A. Nicely done.

Adelina's up!

Meite did a 3loop (overrotated). She's really coming into her own, found a style that works for her and improved most of aspects of her skating a lot. :)

tulosai

Record Breaker
ADELINAAAAAA :love::love:

Have fun at the Olympics, they will never replace her now (though there was almost no chance to begin with).

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Well done Adelina!!!

But, for me, it is still:

Advantage, Miss Kostner.

(Why, oh why, did I ever swap them at the last minute in my predictions list...?!)

CaroLiza_fan

(Apologies for the tennis reference - I know it's a sore point, but I couldn't resist!)

kwanatic

Record Breaker
WOW! Adelina killed it! Huge 3T-3T, 3F, 2A. Sold the program very well with a lot of energy and personality. :clap:That's going to score well...

EdgeCall

Record Breaker
Yay! 70.73 for Adelina. Someone's wanting a place on the Sochi podium. I hope she has a clean FS, though.

Note: Only 0.1 less PCS than Caro.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
WHAAAAAAAT????!!! :eek:

I love Adelina and I know that was a beautiful skate.

But, for me, that should not be ahead of Kostner! Caro's was more beautiful.

On the plus side, that's the order I put them in for my predictions. ;) :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan

elif

Medalist
Almost same jumps but higher score for Adelina.:confused: Kostner had to work with her spins.

Frenchie

I'm gonna customize the CRAP out of this title!
Medalist
yeah, don't agree with only 0.1 difference in PCS. But I have to admit this was really well presented by Adelina as well.
I think Caro lost some levels on her spins...

kwanatic

Record Breaker
Yay! 70.73 for Adelina. Someone's wanting a place on the Sochi podium. I hope she has a clean FS, though.

Note: Only 0.1 less PCS than Caro.

I noticed that too. I actually thought they scored Carolina a little low on the PCS end...I expected her to be higher than that, like around 34 or 35...

I can't exactly argue against Adelina's PCS though. She skated with a lot of speed and attacked everything, plus her transitions were very nice as well and she delivered the program with a lot of energy and fire. I don't disagree with her PCS but I do think Carolina should have been higher.

SXTN

Final Flight
The judges seem to promote Russian skaters for Sochi already.

Love Adelina, but there should be at least a 1,5-2 points gap in PCS compared to Kostner.

kikakiks

On the Ice
I noticed that too. I actually thought they scored Carolina a little low on the PCS end...I expected her to be higher than that, like around 34 or 35...

I can't exactly argue against Adelina's PCS though. She skated with a lot of speed and attacked everything, plus her transitions were very nice as well and she delivered the program with a lot of energy and fire. I don't disagree with her PCS but I do think Carolina should have been higher.

Russian pcs infilation - part 1 -

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Sotnikova was amazing, but Kostner should be 1st and gotten higher PCS.

I can't exactly argue against Adelina's PCS though. She skated with a lot of speed and attacked everything, plus her transitions were very nice as well and she delivered the program with a lot of energy and fire.

Whilst all of the above is true, there were also things she was not good at:

She had slightly raised and rounded shoulders, producing a 'turtle neck' effect.

Her lines weren't always fully extended.

Her movement was not executed in time to the music a lot of the time.

Her movement was quite generic. It lacked style and character, appropriate to the music. It wasn't very sharp or staccato (which the music was) and I didn't see any 'Spanish characetr' in it. If the music was off, would you be able to guess what kind of music she was skating to (not judging by the dress)? I don't think so.

kwanatic

Record Breaker
Russian pcs infilation - part 1 -

Actually, I'd consider Adelina to be a 2nd tier PCS earner along with Akiko and Ashley when she skates like this. So 33 is pretty fair. I do think they held Carolina back a bit in PCS...I expected her to hit 70 with her performance here, so if anything I think Carolina was lowballed more than Adelina was inflated.