Ladies SP - 2014 European Championships | Page 15 | Golden Skate

Ladies SP - 2014 European Championships

Frenchie

I'm gonna customize the CRAP out of this title!
Medalist
can someone translate what they just said when they showed Plushy?

elif

Medalist
Great score for Julia, PCS seem fair.

I think the only person that got screwed here was Carolina in terms of PCS. She should have been first, followed by Adelina and then Julia.

Great skating from the top ladies!

They put her in first for PCS, just not 5 point advantage like last year. Sotnikova, Gold and Lipnitskaia won't be too far away, thats for sure. Kostner should come close with them technically.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
:laugh: I was wondering when you'd pop your head into this! Aren't you excited to see the results? Headcase Sotnikova skated perfectly! Julia skated perfectly too, a great program...aren't you pleased with the results? Don't they make you feel warm and fuzzy inside? I know you're celebrating just like I am! :yay:

1-2 ranking is wrong, I will never understand how the judges love Sotnikova so much
what do they see in Sotnikova they give her such huge PCS ? :scowl:

rollerblade

Record Breaker
Julia's biggest problem is not finishing the moves, rushing from one "posture" to another. I blame the choreography really, it's like they packed in too much stuff for her to do, instead of letting her hold spirals position for a few seconds longer, stretch out her arms more etc. If the choreographers take out ~25% of the "stuff" (aka things besides jumps/spins), she could easily score higher than Sotnikova in the 2nd marks. Fix the flutz too, or change it to a flip so she doesn't throw away points needlessly.

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
I think what gave Adelina an edge is the crowd seemed to really get into her program. Her presentation is definitely more extroverted than Carolina; it reminds me a bit of Kwan. Not that I'm justifying the higher PCS because although Adelina is probably my favorite I do acknowledge Carolina is better. Just saying that the judges are human and can be persuaded by an audience reaction.

Judging is always relative to the field and I truly feel Adelina's PCS are fair given the field BUT I don't agree with her scoring nearly equal to Carolina. If the judges wanted to score Adelina 33 then Carolina deserved closer to 35. But I agree, Adelina can pull a crowd and she's an extroverted performer which always boosts PCS b/c that pulls the audience and the judges into the performance. Carolina's program was absolutely gorgeous (my favorite of the event) but it was a much quieter performance.

It's obvious the judges are going to make Carolina work here. BUT she can storm back in the FS b/c her Bolero will blow Adelina's Rondo out of the building.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Julia's biggest problem is not finishing the moves, rushing from one "posture" to another. I blame the choreography really, it's like they packed in too much stuff for her to do, instead of letting her hold spirals position for a few seconds longer, stretch out her arms more etc. If the choreographers take out ~25% of the "stuff" (aka things besides jumps/spins), she could easily score higher than Sotnikova in the 2nd marks. Fix the flutz too, or change it to a flip so she doesn't throw away points needlessly.

you mean take out her transitions and steps ? no she is fine, she get level4 on her step seq
Sotnikova is just simply overscored in PCS

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Clean Julia vs Clean Adelina may be a different story in the FS. Her presentation which was everyone's complaint over the years has really improved. You can see maturity and growth from each and every competition this year alone. Wow! She's clearly my favorite and I just love her fierce competitive nature. She is in a good position right now. I really think she has the best FS in the entire world.
:clap::clap:

LRK

Record Breaker
can someone translate what they just said when they showed Plushy?

They showed Plushy? Darn, I missed that - was to quick to shut it off. (Note: not that I could have answered your question, I hasten to add. I would just have loved to see Plushy... because I love to see Plushy. :) )

kwanatic

Record Breaker
1-2 ranking is wrong, I will never understand how the judges love Sotnikova so much
what do they see in Sotnikova they give her such huge PCS ? :scowl:

Obviously something you don't. People have spelled it out for you numerous times but you seem to have selective retention when it comes to such facts. Julia was great but Adelina skates bigger than her and that's what it comes down to.

Kittosuni

Medalist
I guess im on the minority but Caro's program seems empty. On the other hand Julia's was rushed. So much going on in that routine.

elif

Medalist

She is getting 6.00 point base value for lutz and 5.3 for flip. If she changes this to flip (5.3) and loop (5.1) this is not going to be a advantage. She is losing +1.00 GOE but judges usually not taking away any more points than that.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Obviously something you don't. People have spelled it out for you numerous times but you seem to have selective retention when it comes to such facts. Julia was great but Adelina skates bigger than her and that's what it comes down to.

Julia has fast spins, improved her artistic marks, and gets high level on her step seq,
Julia should have gotten a 32+ PCS or even same PCS as Adelina

you can only imagine how Sotnikova's PCS will look like next quad :disapp:

kwanatic

Record Breaker
I guess im on the minority but Caro's program seems empty. On the other hand Julia's was rushed. So much going on in that routine.

I do agree with Julia being rushed; I do wish she'd slow her movements down or like Rollerblade said, take some of the clutter out. That's where she still needs improvement as well as performing outwardly. She's not as introverted as she was last year but she does need to work on drawing the audience/judges into her performance.

kwanatic

Record Breaker
Julia has fast spins, improved her artistic marks, and gets high level on her step seq,
Julia should have gotten a 32+ PCS or even same PCS as Adelina

you can only imagine how Sotnikova's PCS will look like next quad :disapp:

Adelina has fast and uniquely positioned spins too. She's more of a natural performer than Julia is and while Julia has improved this season, she's still not at Adelina's performance level. Adelina gets a level 4 on her StSq too.

If Adelina keeps skating like this next quad she'll probably be among the top PCS earners in the field. Julia will continue to improve and her PCS will rise, but she's not quite there yet. She's only 15 years old...give her time and stop hating on Adelina so much. It makes you come off as bitter...

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
Adelina got terrific GOE on the jumps, mostly +2 from every judge on every jump. Julia had "e" on the lutz and ok GOE on the jumps.

One judge gave Julia a 9 for SS :rofl: