Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Mirai Nagasu's future prospects

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by noskates View Post
    We had a coach sitting behind us at Nats for most of the week and the subject of Mirai and her coaching difficulties came up. We were told that she spent about 4 months training with Doug Ladret in Arizona prior to nationals but he wasn't "attending" her at Nationals. It was also implied that she has been dropped by several coaches. Not sure if that's true or if their parting was mutual.

I think if Mirai is to continue skating, and I hope she does, that she needs to pull up her big girl panties figuratively, get a coach and get the focus. She certainly has the talent.
    If this person was indeed a coach, I think it was irresponsible of him to be talking about Mirai's coaching situation/difficulties, and especially to be implying that she was dropped by coaches, etc.

At any rate, it was nice to see Mr. Mura with Mirai at 4CC.

According rosewood from FSU who translated a recent report in the Japanese, Mr. Mura is only a 'temporary coach' for Mirai. But he did such a great job with her considering the very short time they had together between NHK - Nationals it'd be wonderful if somehow Mirai could train with him permanently - if she hopefully chooses to compete another season. And I hope that she does. I still believe there's a lot of untapped potential in Mirai.

Custom Title
    Untapped potential indeed but I am not sure it was meant to be tapped. I just would like Mirai to be happy with or without skating. It is so terrible it is as if life is dependent on skating for some people. And at such a cost - emotional, physical, family, friends, education and financial.

I don't think doing what you love and aiming for higher things and trying to excel is "terrible" at all. I for one hope Mirai continues on. Maybe "the best is yet to come".

"They told us not to wish in the first place, not to aspire, not to try; to be quiet, to play nice, to shoot low and aspire not at all.

They are always wrong. Follow your dreams. Make your wishes. Create the future. And above all, believe in yourself. "

Just saw this interview with Mirai.

http://www.figureskating-online.com/mirai-nagasu.html

She says she has settled on a new coaching situation and will be moving out of her parents' home. She also talks about how she dealt with the Olympics, working/skating with Adam Rippon, and doing slower/more dramatic programs next season.

Very curious to see who her new coach will be.

On the Ice
    I really hope she can get into a coaching situation that works for her. I've enjoyed watching her Twitter the last couple months, she seems to be having a great time doing SOI and Denis Ten's show. Hopefully being around all these other top skaters will help keep that fire and passion for skating alive for her.

Keeper of the Kweens OGM. MK's Winter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by breathesgelatin View Post
    Just saw this interview with Mirai. http://www.figureskating-online.com/mirai-nagasu.html She says she has settled on a new coaching situation and will be moving out of her parents' home. She also talks about how she dealt with the Olympics, working/skating with Adam Rippon, and doing slower/more dramatic programs next season. Very curious to see who her new coach will be.
    This girl is so honest and raw. Love her to pieces! Can't wait to see her new programs and to see her new coach!

#TeamAUS
    I cant wait to see her this season. Mirai is going to smash it! Im looking forward to seeing her new programs

P/B Appreciation Squad fleeting's Avatar
    I think Adam's programs are going to be very good for her - her Demons exhibition on SOI really was powerful.

I'm thinking Kori would be a very good coach for Mirai if she chooses to stay in the states. I believe shortly after she left Carroll, he said she needed someone who could coach and be sort of a comforting, helpful figure in her life - and Kori would be a very good choice for that. She's back to basics with jumps, which is what Mirai needs. Carroll and Tom Z both said they could possibly see a triple axel in her future too - and Kori could likely help with it. And since Jason's her only other notable skater, they could help to motivate each other.

(I'm just keeping my fingers crossed it isn't Tom Z. I will never forgive him for Rachael at 2011 Worlds.)

I'm just really glad that she is continuing, a new permanent coach would really help Mirai in the right direction. I wish her all the best for the next season.

Custom Title
    I'm super happy that she's decided to continue, and I hope she gets everything together so that she can have a successful upcoming season. *Go, Mirai!*

She sounds really thoughtful and mature now. I really wish her well.

Is here any confirmation of the coach?

Custom Title
    Why did she not tell who the new coach was? I wonder if things had not really been finalized. In any case, I hope she has a great season.

Keeper of the Kweens OGM. MK's Winter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Icey View Post
    Why did she not tell who the new coach was? I wonder if things had not really been finalized. In any case, I hope she has a great season.
    She might not be ready to make it public yet. She said she has to move and she is still on tour. I am dying to know though. I just hope it isn't Tom Z. Half of me hopes it Kori and the other half hopes it's Brian Orser.

Quote Originally Posted by MK's Winter View Post
    She might not be ready to make it public yet. She said she has to move and she is still on tour. I am dying to know though. I just hope it isn't Tom Z. Half of me hopes it Kori and the other half hopes it's Brian Orser.
    I heard from someone who might be in the know that he does think it is Tom Z but with that said, at least he was talking her up when she was training there and seemed to believe in her, which would be a step in the right direction for her IMHO. She'd also be close to her bestie Agnes, so there's that too.

Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast