Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

Thread: A Coach for Mirai Nagasu

On the Ice
    Well, If Tom Z is her coach, then I hope he has a plan to get her back to the podium at nationals and then a respectable showing @ 4cc or worlds. She's almost there.
    She just needs a liitle more personality in her long programs and a triple salchow. She's got great programs this year so thats a start.

Keeper of the Kweens OGM. MK's Winter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fallingsk8er View Post
    Well, If Tom Z is her coach, then I hope he has a plan to get her back to the podium at nationals and then a respectable showing @ 4cc or worlds. She's almost there. She just needs a liitle more personality in her long programs and a triple salchow. She's got great programs this year so thats a start.
    It had been confirmed by Tom that he is coaching her. I watched the Broadmoore videos and noticed some technique re-working, especially on the flip. Her jumps look higher and her conditioning looked the best I've seen in a while. She didn't look at all winded and her Madame Butterfly choreography is much more difficult than her bond program. For a Summer comp it was pretty impressive and she hadn't been working with Tom long.

Celebrating the Excellence of #VirtueMoir golden411's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
    Max had only one year in the 2010-2011 JGP, where he made the JGPF, finishing 4th. He won the 2011 US Junior championship and finished 5th at 2011 JW. But at that point, he had aged out of junior competition and didn't have enough competition experience to get a GP invitation or host pick. USFS sent him to Nebelhorn 2011 where he placed 5th.

In his first year competing as a Senior at US Nationals 2012, Max was 8th. He still did not get 2012-2013 GP assignments, so USFS sent him to two B events in the fall of 2012, and he finished 1st at the US Classic and 2nd at the Cup of Nice.

Jordan Moeller doesn't quite have the same record as Max Aaron. He, too, has aged out of juniors, but he did not come close to medalling in his two JGP events, so no JGPF, and he was 9th at JW. He won silver at Junior Nationals 2014. Note that Max did not get two B events until after he had finished top 10 at the US SENIOR Championships.
    Thanks for the detailed explanation, chuckm.
    I'm glad that Jordan received the assignment to SLC ... my fingers are crossed for another for him.

Yulia forver! I'm on team dumped Ice Dance. Alba's Avatar
    So, she is using “Un bel di vedremo” aria in the middle.

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28