Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Thread: A Coach for Mirai Nagasu

Custom Title
    You are correct. During Mirai's disastrous season, Frank Carroll moved to Palm Springs. What really ticked me was that a year after, Frank moved back to El Segundo for Olympic training Denis Ten/Evan Lysacek... The only work ethic issue for Mirai was 2011 nationals, but she worked hard after for 4CC and took her alternate role very seriously. Mirai shouldn't be getting so much flak or bad work ethic rumors. If anything, being competitive without a politik coach the past two season shows great work ethic for me. She took charge of her own training

Celebrating the Excellence of #VirtueMoir golden411's Avatar
    Per photos that Nagasu tweeted yesterday, Jason Brown and she apparently climbed the incline together . Glad for her that a perk of Colorado Springs is the camaraderie with other skaters who train in the vicinity.

ETA, one more Nagasu tweet re the incline:

Custom Title
    ^Sounds like a good new start. Jason is a happy person and I'm sure its contagious.

Custom Title
    Mirai began climbing from the ashes at this years nationals. Won't be surprised if she gets to the top this season. She seems renewed. Go, Mirai!!!!!!

Yulia forver! I'm on team dumped Ice Dance. Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by icellist View Post
    Mirai shouldn't be getting so much flak or bad work ethic rumors. If anything, being competitive without a politik coach the past two season shows great work ethic for me. She took charge of her own training

I hate when people start spreading false rumors about skaters and their work ethic.

Let's Go, Mirai. I'm still alive in skating for you after Yuna retired. :,(

This is my 777th post. It's a sign!!!!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Alba View Post

I hate when people start spreading false rumors about skaters and their work ethic.
    I don't think people are spreading, merely repeating what they heard. That was definitely the rumor and as people who weren't there we can't be 100% sure if it was true or not.

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by UnsaneLily87 View Post
    I don't think people are spreading, merely repeating what they heard. That was definitely the rumor and as people who weren't there we can't be 100% sure if it was true or not.
    Repeating a rumor that you heard is, indeed, spreading a rumor. And if the statements are false, there are legal ramifications:

"Defamation is publically making a false factual statement that puts someone in a negative light. It does not matter that the statement has been made before by other people and is merely being repeated; nor does it matter that the information is received from a seemingly credible source. If the statement was a statement of fact--such as regarding a person's whereabouts or his finances--and is negative, then if it is not true, it is defamation. (Libel is written defamation; slander verbal or oral.) If the statement can be proven to be true, that would be a defense to a claim of defamation, but the burden would be on the person who made the statement, if sued, to prove the truth. So a factual situation like the one you describe could result in a claim or lawsuit for defamation." (From "Ask a Lawyer")

I enjoy reading this board, and comment infrequently. Each of these ISU skaters has worked very hard to reach their present level, and I appreciate their efforts. I have read some harsh criticism of several skaters that has nothing to do with their public performances. Surely we can avoid disparaging the character of people we have never met and who have done nothing to hurt us.

Carry on.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Harness View Post
    Repeating a rumor that you heard is, indeed, spreading a rumor. And if the statements are false, there are legal ramifications:

"Defamation is publically making a false factual statement that puts someone in a negative light. It does not matter that the statement has been made before by other people and is merely being repeated; nor does it matter that the information is received from a seemingly credible source. If the statement was a statement of fact--such as regarding a person's whereabouts or his finances--and is negative, then if it is not true, it is defamation. (Libel is written defamation; slander verbal or oral.) If the statement can be proven to be true, that would be a defense to a claim of defamation, but the burden would be on the person who made the statement, if sued, to prove the truth. So a factual situation like the one you describe could result in a claim or lawsuit for defamation." (From "Ask a Lawyer")

I enjoy reading this board, and comment infrequently. Each of these ISU skaters has worked very hard to reach their present level, and I appreciate their efforts. I have read some harsh criticism of several skaters that has nothing to do with their public performances. Surely we can avoid disparaging the character of people we have never met and who have done nothing to hurt us.

Carry on.
    Defamation usually has to be published and has to be stated as fact. Saying "I heard" disqualifies you generally from defamation.

I'm a law student and not going to get in a legal argument. I have school for that. Just wanted to point that out. No one here is at risk for defamation.

Tripping on the Podium
    [QUOTE=Harness;951264]Repeating a rumor that you heard is, indeed, spreading a rumor.

Each of these ISU skaters has worked very hard to reach their present level, and I appreciate their efforts. I have read some harsh criticism of several skaters that has nothing to do with their public performances. Surely we can avoid disparaging the character of people we have never met and who have done nothing to hurt us.

[\QUOTE]

Custom Title
    IMO, it's more her uneven results and lack of stamina that have given rise to speculation about her training habits. Her results (excepting Nationals 2014) have gone downhill since she left Frank.

Custom Title
    At Nationals Mirai didn't look in tip top shape compared to Gracie or Ashley for instance. She's simply not toned which is a sign of not being in the best shape possible. It has nothing to do with weight.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    At Nationals Mirai didn't look in tip top shape compared to Gracie or Ashley for instance. She's simply not toned which is a sign of not being in the best shape possible. It has nothing to do with weight.

Well if ashley was more in shape than Mirai, it doesn't seem to have helped her.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by UnsaneLily87 View Post
    Defamation usually has to be published and has to be stated as fact. Saying "I heard" disqualifies you generally from defamation.

I'm a law student and not going to get in a legal argument. I have school for that. Just wanted to point that out. No one here is at risk for defamation.
    Also, Mirai is likely a public figure, which means there would have to be a showing of knowledge of falsity or reckless disregard for the truth.

The speculation comes from some off the cuff comments she made in the past (~2011-12) about the days she didn't train in PS with FrankC and how (her process) she was training on her own along with off-the-record comments overheard from previous coaches about stubborness and work ethic.

Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast