Five Favorites for Olympic Gold in Women's Figure Skating at Sochi 2014 | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Five Favorites for Olympic Gold in Women's Figure Skating at Sochi 2014

RABID

Final Flight
The only way a clean Kim loses is if Asada skates totally clean with all her 3 axels and much higher base value. The idea of Sotnikova or Lipnitskaia beating a clean Kim even in Russia is a huge ROTFL!!!!

I hope you are right but unlike last year when a Patrick Chan could skate a splatfest and still win Worlds, now Suzuki beats Asada in JAPAN, Carolina skates a pretty decent program and is only 3rd and Ashley loses to a very junior looking Polina. Not saying anyone was robbed but it seems lately a pattern MIGHT be emerging with how the judges are viewing the veterans lately and nothing can be taken for granted. YuNa is a bit of question mark because she has been mostly absent this season. But that is my point; she hasn't been on any international ice surface since early November and things may have changed since then. :confused2:

Iscariot

On the Ice
The only way a clean Kim loses is if Asada skates totally clean with all her 3 axels and much higher base value. The idea of Sotnikova or Lipnitskaia beating a clean Kim even in Russia is a huge ROTFL!!!!

Exactly, and this is not 6.0 anymore where the skaters will have lower marks if they skated earlier, Kim will score huge PCS-wise even if she mess a little so will Asada, there is no way the russians or americans will outscore them

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Exactly, and this is not 6.0 anymore where the skaters will have lower marks if they skated earlier, Kim will score huge PCS-wise even if she mess a little so will Asada, there is no way the russians or americans will outscore them

Russians' PCS are neck and neck with Kim's already.
They have better spins.
Kim will have to skate the best she has ever done to come out on top. If you don't believe this, go look at European. Even a clean Kostner doing similar jumps are 2 points behind.

CarneAsada

Medalist
I hope you are right but unlike last year when a Patrick Chan could skate a splatfest and still win Worlds, now Suzuki beats Asada in JAPAN, Carolina skates a pretty decent program and is only 3rd and Ashley loses to a very junior looking Polina. Not saying anyone was robbed but it seems lately a pattern MIGHT be emerging with how the judges are viewing the veterans lately and nothing can be taken for granted. YuNa is a bit of question mark because she has been mostly absent this season. But that is my point; she hasn't been on any international ice surface since early November and things may have changed since then. :confused2:
Suzuki beat a heavily underperforming Asada in the LP. Ditto for Polina except Ashley underperformed in the SP as well. Carolina has been more or less out of the picture since CoR. The only "pattern" you're seeing is seeing veterans getting beaten when they skate poorly.

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
If Yu Na hits her 3-3s (and she almost always does) she will win. In fact, she will probably win even if she misses the 3-3 in the short program. But with both 3-3s, she can make at least 2 non-fall mistakes and still win. A fall at the Olympics, especially in the long program, would be more problematic if this were not being judged under COP. But as we have seen with Patrick a fall is not fatal to a gold medal anymore, even if competitors skate clean.

CarneAsada

Medalist
They have better spins.
Kim will have to skate the best she has ever done to come out on top. If you don't believe this, go look at European. Even a clean Kostner doing similar jumps are 2 points behind.
While Kostner should never have received PCS that close to the 2 Russians, she is also doing easier jumps and she missed a few levels on spins. Kim is doing 3Lz-3T and 3F.

Iscariot

On the Ice
They have better spins.

Kim's and Asada's PCS are 35+ which is 2 points higher than adelina's and two points in the sp its a big difference

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
Kim's and Asada's PCS are 35+ which is 2 points higher than adelina's and two points in the sp its a big difference

The LP will be a bigger difference still, and the different to Julia (who gets lower PCS than Adelina) will be yet bigger.

pangtongfan

Match Penalty

So all that would show is if Kim skates poorly she might lose to someone unexpected. She wont skate cleanly and lose to a Russian girl right now though, not in a million years.

As for FlattFan he/she is pretty much always wrong on everything, LOL! I am glad he/she posts here just for the comedic value, which will be even more in need with this poster's virtual clone Suzukifan banned.

FlattFan

Match Penalty

Which isu event are they getting 35+?
Do you honestly believe they can separate themselves from the Russians from PCS?

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
They won't get it past 35 PCS for Asada/Kim... the Russians will ensure that the PCS margin is kept close. Frankly I'm okay with that because I'd rather see skaters win based on technical performance than keep everyone at bay with PCS advantage.

That being said, unless Kim/Asada bomb, their PCS will be higher... it's just the Russians will be propped up closer to them. The fact that Lipnitskaia's PCS at COR (a personal best of 32.61) was just 1.19 points less than Kim's (33.80) is truly amusing. Even weirder that Sotnikova's is 33.65 at Euros. Lipnitskaia should be at about 30-31 points for PCS, Sotnikova 32-33, and Kim/Asada/Kostner around 34.

Vash01

Medalist
1.Yu na (1-3)
2.Mao (1-4)
3.Carolina (1-6)
4.Julia (2-6)
5.Akiko (2-6)
6.Gracie (1-6)
7.Adelina (3-8)
8.Ashley (4-8)

Krislite

Medalist
Euros? You mean like last year when Kostner was nearly beaten by Sotnikova? Remember how things turned out at Worlds? Yeah. FlattFan is grasping at straws there. Let's wait and see how they are scored against a bigger and much stronger field, not just against Kostner. Kostner is way down this season, and her Euros result is in no way an indication of how Mao or Yuna would score against the Russians.

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Euros? You mean like last year when Kostner was nearly beaten by Sotnikova? Remember how things turned out at Worlds? Yeah. FlattFan is grasping at straws there. Let's wait and see how they are scored against a bigger and much stronger field, not just against Kostner. Kostner is way down this season, and her Euros result is in no way an indication of how Mao or Yuna would score against the Russians.

Grasping at what? and for what? This is the trend, honey. Face the music.
Kostner's PCS didn't go up from Euro to Worlds.
Sot was a hot mess, so remember that doesn't change anything. Seriously, are you slow? I said if Sot and Lip are clean, their PCS in Sochi will be huge. I didn't say anything about them messing up and getting huge PCS. Typical Yuna bots.

nguyenghita

On the Ice
Typical Yuna bots.
Stop calling someone bot since you're even worse :rolleye:

You're favorite Caro was beaten by Russians even she went clean so you are too busy to claim all of the top skaters will be in danger as same as Carol now, I guess that way of imagine must make you feel so much easier to accept the reality, poor honey :laugh: