For the gold medal? Top 5 contenders:

1. Kim
    2. Kim
    3. Kim
    4. Asada
    5. Miscellaneous
    Gotta love it!

Custom Title
    I really can't predict but I'm hoping that Wagner kicks some butt and redeems herself here with good skates.

she takes the audience on her journey of emotions Layfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrufflet View Post
    I really can't predict but I'm hoping that Wagner kicks some butt and redeems herself here with good skates.
    So do I. Anyone hoping for something different is vindictive and petty. And mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Ven View Post
    I think Wagner is done to be honest, and Kostner is my wild card because she hasn't done anything this season. It's also hard to forget her performance in Vancouver.
    I also think Wagner has done but I (and many others) have thought that before and been resoundingly proven wrong, so we'll see.

With US nationals controversy, if Wagner makes one or two mistakes, her pcs will drop down low and her tes wouldnt get any GOEs. Her combine score would be something between 140-180 and would be in top 10 not top 5

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by cooper View Post
    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/five-fa...202500430.html

no mention of the russian skaters?? their chances are much better actually...
    Typical Americans......must also be an American author. Lol. This is the American view of the Olympics haha

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    Hmm interesting. OK here is mine:

Gold- 2nd to 8th
    Lipnitskaia- 2nd to 5th
    Sotnikova- 3rd to 9th
    Li- 8th to 15th
    Osmond- 8th to 14th (wow you were incredibly generous on her IMO)
    Edmunds- 9th to 15th
    Asada- 1st to 5th
    Kostner- 3rd to 7th
    Kim- 1st to 2nd
    Suzuki- 2nd to 7th
    Murakami- 3rd to 8th
    Wagner- 4th to 10th
    As of now, I agree with your list. Except that I would revise Kostner to be 2nd to 10th. I do hope Kostner win an Olympic medal, though.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by thinspread View Post
    As of now, I agree with your list. Except that I would revise Kostner to be 2nd to 10th. I do hope Kostner win an Olympic medal, though.
    Either way Kostner's stock is falling fast. The short program at Europeans just confirms that. The people who are even talking about her being the only one who could beat a clean Yu Na Kim are living in a time warp and need to get out of their coma.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by bixby View Post
    Mine would be similar to yours. Let me see;

1. Gold
    2. Gold
    3. Gold
    4. Julia
    5. Adelina

Kim & Asada are my wild card... Just because! I have a feeling any of my top five could pull off a BIG SURPRISE in this Olympics. Let's watch and see what happens.
    I know they say ice is slippery and all, but it's an impossibility that Kim and Asada do not make the podium. Certainly one of Gold/Lip/Sot has a good chance at bronze.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    Either way Kostner's stock is falling fast. The short program at Europeans just confirms that. The people who are even talking about her being the only one who could beat a clean Yu Na Kim are living in a time warp and need to get out of their coma.
    If I recall correctly, you said a clean Kostner could challenge a clean Kim... but glad you've come to your senses.

Her stock isn't falling too poorly... she got the highest PCS, although not much higher than Sotnikova. It's higher PCS, and overall score from Cup of Russia though. More importantly, it's two clean short programs in a row from her.

Banned
    No I did not say a clean Kostner could challenge a clean Kim. I was one of those who heavily opposed the suggestion at the end of last season, even when Kostner's stock was alot higher than it is now. Even at the point I felt she was the silver medal favorite above Asada I was sure to also point out repeatedly Mao was the only and bigger threat to Kim by far, as Kostner doesnt do more difficulty than Kim and if you dont outdo her in base value you have no hope of beating her. You can check my past messages if you want. As usual you love to put words in my mouth.

As for stock falling she skated cleanly and was beaten by both Russians, one who did the same jumps as her. That is a couple months after skating cleanly and losing to one of them by 5 points. For someone who was touted as on par with Kim and ahead of Asada to end last year, that is stock falling very fast. Add to that her inconsistency, Olympics being in Russia which will heavily favor Julia and Adelina, and like I said, winning a medal of any color in sochi, even a bronze, would be a huge feat for her to pull off at this point. People need to get over even considering Kostner a potential gold winner, even considering Suzuki or Gold for that makes more sense at this point, and just hope she can somehow win the bronze.

Celebrating the Excellence of #VirtueMoir golden411's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianSkaterGuy View Post
    I know they say ice is slippery and all, but it's an impossibility that Kim and Asada do not make the podium.
    I bet that before her FS, many would have said that it would be an "impossibility" for Wagner to place out of the top three at U.S. Nats.

Custom Title
    Kim will probably lose to both Russians in Sochi. The way their PCS are going up, it will not surprise me if their PCS are within .5 of Kim's.

Banned
    Kim has not failed to medal even once in her 8 year Senior career. Heck one of here more devout fans did research on her whole career and found out she hasnt not medalled in a competition (local, regional, juvenile, pre school, whatever) since she was in since she was 9. So yes I would agree it is an impossiability for her not to medal. Asada meanwhile isnt an impossability to not medal at all, but both her and Kim being off the podium at the same event is even more an impossability as Kim alone missing it already is. Wagner being outside the top 3 at Nationals was a big surprise, but she is no Yu Na Kim, and she has both fallen and failed to medal (aka excluding the pewter medal) several times since first debuting as a contender in 2008.

Custom Title
    The favorite isn't suppose to always win. Otherwise Michelle Kwan would have two Olympic gold medals. If it was up to the power of wanting she would also have Olympic gold. The Americans are sure that Gracie is capable of this...where's the proof. She has crumpled under pressure before and with so many other matured skaters that are in the mix, she is bound to crumble again. She does well on home ice with all the gushing and fanfare but it's a different story in Sochi. Osmond has a good a chance as Gracie to medal. P

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast