Prettiest picture | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Prettiest picture

Yazmeen

On the Ice
Mathman's Michelle portrait is of her dressed up as Disney's "Mulan," and I believe its from a TV special in 1999 where she and Mike Weiss and Phillipe Candeloro told the story of Mulan on ice. It was a very nice special, I have it on tape. It was one of the special's in her first Disney contract that was set up in 1998. I'm a big Mulan fan, I have a sericel of her in my office where she's wearing the same outfit.

As much as I'm not a Tara fan, I always felt a little sorry for her that at the time she won her OGM, Disney's hot movie was about a Chinese heroine, tailor made for the OSM!!!! Both had endorsement contract's with Disney after the 98 O's, but Tara's was only for a few personal appearances, I believe, whereas Michelle's included specials and other perks. Disney really saw something in Michelle, and she's been a wonderful spokesperson for them ever since.

Last edited:

rtureck

Final Flight
Last edited:

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
NansXOXOX said:
Dee,

Every time I see that second one, it just breaks my heart.

Nan
Nan, I was at Skate Canada when he did this. I was with Jean from the AYDG and I think we both said, Alexei please don't start crying. It was a very touching moment!! But I maintained composure through it all, not easy to do. I thought Expression on Ice was so fitting for the picture.

Dee

Lantz

Rinkside
Re

Where are the Irina Slutskaya and Katarina Witt pictures?, IMHO those two are the prettiest figure skaters.

Hermione_Granger

On the Ice
IDLERACER said:
I'm not so sure about that first picture of Michelle, Hermione. If I had to put a caption under it, it would probably read:

"Hey! Watch where you're throwing those Teddy bears! You just hit me in the boob!"

:laugh: :laugh:

I found some more pics of Michelle and Jenny.
Michelle 3
Jenny 2

Hi, Yazmeen, thanks for the information about the Michelle picture. I was puzzling over that, because I didn't recognize the costume from any of Michelle's programs.

Michelle's Mulan special was pretty cool. She did a little pairs routine with Phillipe. They did a pretty good lift (maybe a little on the tentative side, LOL), and a nice side by side triple toe (good unison, a little too far apart).

Do you mean that you have a cel from the actual animated movie, with Mulan wearing the same outfit that Michelle is wearing in that picture? Cool either way.

Hi Lantz, thanks for jumping in, and welcome to the forum. OK, now it's on you to post some Irina pictures, LOL. I'll get you started:

http://www.lingottofiere.it/sem/2002/festaneve/slutskaya.jpg

http://www.tribuneindia.com/2002/20020312/sp5.jpg

Mathman

Lantz

Rinkside
re

Thanks mathman.
I have several video tapes of Irina,Michelle, Sasha, Lucinda Ruh, Tara Lipinski,etc. I like FG although i live in a tropical country. The problem is that i bought a new VCR and those tapes are useless cause the tapes are seen as if the VCR is set up in FF!Dam it! I want to tape more FS but the cable company doesnt have ABC nor NBC where pro FS is seen. The last time i saw FS was in 2001, thanks to this forum i know what is going on in eligable skating.

Yazmeen

On the Ice
Actually, Mathman, three cels. The sericel in my office was a mass produced one of Mulan and her father sitting under the magnolia tree. (Its autographed by Ming Na, the voice of Mulan). We also have two one-of-a-kinds. The last Disney animated film that was totally hand painted and filmed with hand done cels was "The Little Mermaid." After that, the traditional animation (non-Pixar) films took hand drawn sketches to the computer where the film was made. There were no actual cels used. Disney opted to take drawings from the main scenes in Mulan and created one, hand painted cel for each drawing and auctioned them at Sotheby's in 1999. We were lucky to win two: Mulan cutting her hair with the sword, and one of her in battle dress in the scene where she tenaciously used the counterweights on the pole and climbed it ( if you know the movie, she was the only "soldier" to figure out how to use the weights to her advantage to make the climb). We lucked out that these two were less popular and went for lower prices. The cell of Mulan holding the sword in front of her face after she puts on her Father's armor for the first time and two others sold for well into five figures!! (I kid you not, one of her with Captain Change finally topped out at just over $35,000!!!) As you might guess, hubby and I collect animation art!!! Mulan is my favorite Disney movie, so I love anything Mulan.

That's really cool, Yazmeen.

Pookie, that's a great one. IIFC it's from a print ad for some kind of deodorant soap. She looks like she's clean and she looks like she smells good, too!

Mathman

bronxgirl

Medalist
I like this photo shoot of Sasha Cohen from V magazine. She's got some muscular legs!

http://www.sashacohen.com/vmagazine.shtml [/B][/QUOTE]

One of these pictures is exteremely unflattering. I don't think having one's liver being able to be clearly defined in the shot makes any woman's abs look good, no matter how well toned she may be.

GoldenLady

On the Ice
bronxgirl said:
One of these pictures is exteremely unflattering. I don't think having one's liver being able to be clearly defined in the shot makes any woman's abs look good, no matter how well toned she may be.

I agree - I think that picture is grotesque. It makes me shudder to look at it.

I must say that this is a great thread! And having looked at all the pictures posted here, there are a lot of really gorgeous one, but you know what? I think I may well like the original one Mathman posted the best. :)

Pookie

Final Flight
And having looked at all the pictures posted here, there are a lot of really gorgeous one, but you know what? I think I may well like the original one Mathman posted the best.

Yes, I think I do too.

The picture of Irina that Icenut (I think) posted is a gorgeous picture. Irina has grown up to be a very beautiful young woman.

A feast for the eyes, for sure. But my captioning instincts got going with Idle's photo of Miss Harding, still obviously pursuing her acting career, trying out for the part of the cannibalistic killer in the prequel to "Silence of the Lambs," "Red Dragon":
http://www.oslo.net/historie/OL/gifs/tonya.gif
"Ralph Fiennes thinks he's got a lock on the role of Frances Dolarhyde in 'Red Dragon.' But just wait till the producers see ME wearing the grandmother's cannibal choppers! Ralph won't have a chance. I'll make sure of it."

Okay, my favorites so far.
Mathman's "Mulan" Michelle. You know, the cut of the costume almost makes it look like the ribbon for a medal around her neck. The enigmatic look on Michelle's face made me think of that "one" medal. I know the OGM has nothing to do with the photo, but the first moment I looked at that photo, that's what hit me--the missing medal and how does Michelle feel about it. That's just me, of course, but all interpretations aside, it's just a gorgeous portrait.
Shine's Yukina Ota. (Shine, that's the exact moment I was talking about as being representative of her charismatic "X" factor in my post on the Yukina thread!)
Dee's Shen and Zhao. Delicate passion.
Dustin's Pic 3 of Sasha, though I also like Registered's second one because you know Sasha is spinning very fast, yet she looks so peaceful, in not meditative.
Bravesskatefan's of Elena and Anton. Such a happy intimate moment.
Icenut's
--First Torvill & Dean. That's the iconic photo.
--Plush. He often looks so intense while skating and in this photo his face is relaxed and open, definitely showing the fun and friendly side of his personality.
--Irina on the stairs showing her as one hot, sexy young woman. I so hope she recovers from her health problems.
--Fumie with her GPF gold medal. She's smiling so big and beautifully.
Littlewild1's second photo of Ben and Tanith--love it when a guy gives his gal noogies, plus that picture really shows their relationship. And I definitely drooled over Fedor:)
Smiley's second photo of Lang & Tcherneshev. Just such a gorgeous shot.
Hermoine's
--Photo of Jenny because her focus is very internal; it's like a classic Greek hepatitis.
--Cutie Sasha Abt!
--The beefcake Yags followed by the "Snowbaby" Yags.
Shine's photo of the classic young Oksana doing "The Swan." Usually I see maribou feathers like that and have to run to the bathroom, but on her at 16, somehow it worked.
Mathman's photo of Irina smiling next to her World gold medal. Such a happy girl.

I'd do more but my computer's acting funny.

Speaking of Worlds, this photo of Sasha that Idle put up looks like it's from one of the '02 World Championships posters:
http://www.ocfsc.iwarp.com/sasha_33.jpg
To me she looks a lot more muscular in her upper body than she does now. Anybody else think so?

Great photos everybody!
Rgirl

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
Thanks for the wonderful photos, everyone! I especially loved the photos of Michelle as a youngster (awwww!), the embracing Shen & Zhao, Fumie's joy with her medal. (Sorry, Mathman, I don't like your original photo--too much make-up gobbed on her cheek and she's trying too hard to look pensive.) I like photos that capture a true moment, as opposed to staged ones.

Here's my addition--it's for the "cute" file:

http://home.snafu.de/figureskating/anissina-peizerat/u_seiten/images/saknov.jpg