Prettiest picture

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
CartDi said:
::speechless:: ... where is this from?
CartDi, I got it from the Washington Post gallery of 98 pictures. It was from the 98 Olympics when Midori lit the fire. They lifted her on a platform to do it and I very much could be mistaken but I want to think they were playing Madam Butterfly. I tend to be very dramatic so maybe that's what I want to think. Anyone know for sure.

Dee

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Here are some more of Midori. I checked a site and they were playing Madam Butterfly.

1Midori

2Midori

Dee

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
registered said:
Who is it in the picture with Marina Anissina, Ilia Averbuch, or Sergei Sakhnovky? (Both used to be skate with her before she finally paired up with Gwendal).

It is Sergei Sakhnovski with Marina Anissina.

IDLERACER

Medalist
[COLOR=806000]That is unquestionably the strangest looking belly button I have ever seen. It looks like there's still a little piece of the umbilical cord stuck in there.[/COLOR]

Registered,
These are the best naturalesque--I know they're still posed with lighting and make-up--non-skating photos of Sasha I've seen. She really looks "comfortable in her own skin" as the saying goes and there is a lovely warmth that comes through the eyes, but with just enough mystery.

You know, IFS did the best photos I've ever seen of Irina too. I know they use different photographers and sometimes their photos really bomb. But at least with these photos of Sasha and the ones of Irina after she won Worlds, IFS really got it right. Plus I tend to prefer more realistic photos, as if you just stumbled on the person in a moment of reflection, in Sasha's case, or Irina greeting her husband from the stairs after being away on a long tour (Hey baby hey baby hey!;)). Anyway, thanks, Registered. Nice pics.
Rgirl

PS--Idle--now if your abdomen had almost no body fat, maybe your bellybutton would show a lot more of itself too. And hey, I'd take a funny looking bellybutton in exchange for a bod like that in a New York nanosecond:)

Last edited:
"She really looks "comfortable in her own skin" as the saying goes"
I have been thinking this about the real Sasha this year, never mind the pictures. She seems confident and comfortable and full of hope for the future, but without arrogance.

Mathman

jesslily

Final Flight
Haven't look into this thread until now. So many good pictures are linked. Out of all the beauties I think Michelle and Sasha are the best. Sasha has superb extention and dance ability. She uses her whole body to dance, not just two arms. Michelle body has the best harmony which let you feel every thing moves in the right way when she skates and even when she talks.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Even though I love Sasha, I am not sure I like the pictures of her in the magazine. She looks like she's been in de-tox.

Dee

jesslily said:
Haven't look into this thread until now. So many good pictures are linked. Out of all the beauties I think Michelle and Sasha are the best. Sasha has superb extention and dance ability. She uses her whole body to dance, not just two arms. Michelle body has the best harmony which let you feel every thing moves in the right way when she skates and even when she talks.
Really great post, Jesily. Since '03 Nationals, in addition to what I saw as a quantum leap (or should I say quantum falling leaf;)) forward in Michelle's dance ability, I felt the way she expressed herself in interviews was much more relaxed and "natural" for lack of a better word. I noticed a difference even between '02 Campbell's and '03 Nats just four months later. Michelle also did a formal narrative for something not long ago--maybe it was at Nats, I forget--and I felt she had also made enormous improement there. Virtually all of the ladies skaters from SoCal tend to have problems with diction. Not their fault, I have no doubt it's just the SoCal accent. But in this narrative, Michelle's diction was both clear and relaxed, which I hadn't seen in her before. I don't know if she got help or just did it on her own, but I was very impresed. Same goes for her informal interviews.

Sasha seems as if she's no longer concerned with proving something, which is great to see. I've found her interview skills and diction have improved as well.

Jenny, BTW--where's a gorgeous pic of Jenny? did I miss it?--has always been a born interviewee, IMO. But especially in the last year, she's become very self assured and exudes the best kind of confidence. I find it wonderful seeing these young women mature, each in her own way, both on the ice and off.
Rgirl

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
I noticed that people from California have Mexican accents and people from Kansas have Okie accents and people from Minnesota have Canadian accents. To me, anyway. :laugh:

galka

Rinkside
Marina Anissina-http://home.snafu.de/figureskating/anissina-peizerat/photos/firststeps.htm
Russian-http://www.atlant.ru/sport/lib/agr4/art2137/
Klimkin-http://figurskeiting.narod.ru/max_0168.jpg
Lobacheva-Averbuh-http://pics.rbc.ru/img/top/2003/01/27/gal5.jpg

LadyM76

Rinkside
Pictures

I don't really have any pictures to post. I have thoroughly enjoyed looking at all the pictures you guys have posted.
LadyM76