Men SP - 2014 European Championships | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Men SP - 2014 European Championships

SamuraiKike

Medalist
3rd Group:

Stephane Walker SUI: Bendy skater. Has a thing for weird music choices.
Franz Streubel GER: Been around for a whiile in the german senior ranks. Finally makes it to Euros.
Maciej Cieplucha POL: He has finished one spot shy of qualification two times at worlds and two at Euros. Not to mention the olympic qualifier. Hopefully his luck changes today.
Viktor Romanenkov EST: Had the skates of his life at last year worlds and qualified to Sochi. He's mostly only a jumper though.
Javier Raya ESP: Javi 2.0 , very artistic but lacks the TES, lucky to be an olympian thanks to the more famous Javi.
Yakov Godorozha UKR: Surprise Sochi Olympian at Nebelhorn, will compete at the team event aswell.

islandpaddler

On the Ice
Country
US-Virgin-Islands
Thanks you lucky stars that you do not have to listen to Tonia Kwiatkowski, who commentates for the women and whatever else on Icenetwork. Michael Weiss and Taneth Belbin are much better. I do not understand enough to make sense out of it anything other than English so I like the Eurosport guys best.

Frenchie

I'm gonna customize the CRAP out of this title!
Medalist
is anyone aware of any national criteria some man has to reach here to be sent to Sochi?
I've read that Jorick Hendrickx has to be in the top 12, for example.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
I also love the two British guys, but I hate that girl they inserted, they should fire her immediately

at the TEB " she lacks the blh blah from teh previous skater, what has her name again ?" :mad:
she doesnt even know the skater's names never mind totally clueless in TES

SamuraiKike

Medalist
WALKER, Stephane SUI

Lots of pseudo martial arts moves
3A<
3Lz-2T
3Flip, saved the landing
Flying camel
step sequence to a wild party music
travelling on last spin

I remember him being more flexible. Those spins were crap for a swiss skater. Totally voidy on music choices, but have no idea what that costume is supposed to represent

Thanks you lucky stars that you do not have to listen to Tonia Kwiatkowski, who commentates for the women and whatever else on Icenetwork. Michael Weiss and Taneth Belbin are much better. I do not understand enough to make sense out of it anything other than English so I like the Eurosport guys best.

The Eurosport guys make mistakes all the time, miss loads of stuff and have no clue about the skaters.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I also love the two British guys, but I hate that girl they inserted, they should fire her immediately

No, I liked having Joanne Conway for the female perspective. She's the most successful British Championship skater after Jenna McCorkell, and could draw on her own many experiences.

Although, I liked her more when she first started.

The first commentarty she did, she was good, just talking when there was something specific to be said. Just like Simon, Chris and Nicky do.

The second commentary, she was talking too much.

The third time, she couldn't shut up, and we barely got to hear the music at all!!!

So, if she went back to doing the same amount of talking as the guys, it would be perfect.

CaroLiza_fan

SamuraiKike

Medalist
STREUBEL, Franz

Packaged like a poor man's Kristoffer Berntsson
3A, first clean of the day?
3S-3t, fall
Flying sit spin
3Loop
Camel Spin
Needs more charisma on the steps
Combo spin

Very lacking on performance skills he looked bored with his own program.

Frenchie

I'm gonna customize the CRAP out of this title!
Medalist
Streubel: too bad about the fall after the nice 3A. :no:
But if I ever made it to Euros for the first time, I'd want to show myself to the world with a different music, and... A different jacket. :slink:

SamuraiKike

Medalist
CIEPLUCHA, Maciej POL

Go unlucky polish guy! Make the LP cut please
3Lz-3T solid
3 Loop, nice flow
Flying camel,
2A
Cof Sit Spin
Kissing the audience before steps in charachter
Lots of choreo breaks in the middle of the sequence
Combo Spin

A program similar in concept to Streubel's but it shows how Maciej is really committed to it. It works despite his notorious lack of finesse.

Well that is good enough. :) I hope he makes the FS.

He could have sold the program a bit better, though.

Great Euros for Poland so far! Clean SP from Kryger and now clean SP from Cieplucha. Wheeee! :)

SamuraiKike

Medalist
ROMANENKOV, Viktor EST

Trained by mommy
Weird arm choreo to start
splat on 3A
3Lz-3To
Flying Camel, very basic
Pops the Flip :(
CoF Sit Spin
Dramatic footwork
Combo Spin

Very subpar for his standards. He skates with no relation to the music so when he screws his jumps it all goes downhill.

Kinga

Medalist
Well that is good enough. :) I hope he makes the FS.

He could have sold the program a bit better, though.

Great Euros for Poland so far! Clean SP from Kryger and now clean SP from Cieplucha. Wheeee! :)
Dont forget the ice dancing pair Plutowska/Gerber. They did well too! :)
Italian commentators liked Cieplucha's SP very much. They emphasized the quality of the jumps, smooth landings. And they thought it was entertaining, light and well presented. I hope he makes FS, coz I am gonna be there!! (flying tomorrow morning ;)).

Cieplucha has improved his PB by almost 5 points!!! :party2:

Kinga, Cieplucha has already made the FS and he will be not lower than 21st. :)

And yeah Plutowska/Gerber were great also. :)

Romanenkov seemed quite fast (SS improved, I think) but there was hardly any relation to the music and his upper body movement was very limited and unrefined.

Kinga

Medalist
Cieplucha has improved his PB by almost 5 points!!! :party2:

Kinga, Cieplucha has already made the FS and he will be now lower than 21st. :)
True! Thanks for info, I lost counting! :) I am in between packing and cooking ;)