Men SP - 2014 European Championships | Page 11 | Golden Skate

Men SP - 2014 European Championships

Lota

Record Breaker
That was a good skate by Verner. I just love the way he skates and his presentation was great!

Liebers' basic skating is decent and the program had some nice choreographic touches. But he didn't sell it well at all, just going through the motions and looking down at the ice.

islandpaddler

On the Ice
Country
US-Virgin-Islands
Didn't Brian Orser once skate to Fernandez' music - Satan takes a Holiday. I'll bet he wasn't wearing such a getup though.

Frenchie

I'm gonna customize the CRAP out of this title!
Medalist
Is Liebers portraying a skeleton?

lol - no, it's gear wheels from a clock. That's what he's portraying with the lines on his arms too.
I like the guy. He keeps on getting too low PCS and GOEs in my opinion.
That 3A doesn't get much better imo. such smooth landing, deep kneebend - you could mistake him for a japanese skater! ;)

Well he'll lose a lot of points for that 2toe but he performed the program really well. So much character, so much attack, such sharp movement. I think he can be proud of himself.

Frenchie

Medalist
To those who understand Russian: Do the commentators sound "politically" pro- or contra Kovtun? Or do they stay clear of that touchy subject?
Too bad about the 2T... Funny that given the current rules, a 2T was better than a 3T! :laugh:
(I love this international forum!)

Frenchie

Medalist
ooh! I totally expected Chafik Besseghier to replace the planned 3Lz with a 4T since he only did 3T3T! :confused:
Well, still a nice job.

Robeye

Final Flight
If you were Plushenko, would you be encouraged or discouraged by Kovtun's performance?

No teknik but great energy and attack from Besseghier! I loved the way he incorporated break-dance movements into the choreography. So voidy! :dance2:

To those who understand Russian: Do the commentators sound "politically" pro- or contra Kovtun? Or do they stay clear of that touchy subject?

They avoided the touchy subject. ;)