Men SP - 2014 European Championships | Page 13 | Golden Skate

Men SP - 2014 European Championships

Frenchie

I'm gonna customize the CRAP out of this title!
Medalist
I just acme back from dinner
so Kovtun bombed again ? I bet he popped a quad or doubled it

you're so right, you're actually double right. Does one right now negate the other, and he skated clean?!? :scratch:

amber68

On the Ice
Well, Kovtun's score and place aren't exactly something to write home about. For the moment he's even behind Voronov (and Tomas was robbed).
I will totally PML if Voronove beats Kovtun, wins a medal and the Russian Federation has to decide between Voronov, Kovtun and Plushenko :laugh:

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Well, Kovtun's score and place aren't exactly something to write home about. For the moment he's even behind Voronov (and Tomas was robbed).
I will totally PML if Voronove beats Kovtun, wins a medal and the Russian Federation has to decide between Voronov, Kovtun and Plushenko :laugh:

I'd still send Zhenya :)
shows other Russian men are inconsistent and untested

gmyers

Record Breaker
If you don't allow me to make a joke, then check your sources my friend. ;)
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/02/22/evgeni-plushenkos-platinu_n_472590.html

It has been taken down since, but not exactly in a timeframe that would suggest "he called the plushy's-official-fansite-guy-responsible-of-doing-stuff-plushy-doesn't-approve-of" and told him to take that down immediately... :slink:
I don't think he's always been the most level headed in terms of public relations. But that's only my opinion.

He wasn't in charge of Bringing that joke plaitnum to his website. In fact he knew nothing of it and his agent and him fixed the website and removed the joking platinum reference. But if you think he's insane that's your opinion but the facts are he did not believe he won platinum in Vancouver and made references to winning silver and knew he won silver and is not insane like your saying and believes he won a platinum medal in Vancouver.

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
Ziggy said:
Kovtun's SS are a bit better.
Fernadez has more TR.
Kovtun has better posture, better lines, he showed fantastic energy and commitment to all of his movements, finishing them off well and they were all in character of the music. I'd give him an edge on PE.
CH was similar. Fernandez's was arguably better, more balanced element layout.
IN - Both did quite well but again looking at style and character appropriate to the music Kovtun was just perfect and right on the beat and highlights. I'd give him a bit of an edge.

Wow, do you hate Plushenko that much?

I'm asking, because I think Kovtun getting 41+ in PCS is already a bad, bad joke. And saying Kovtun has better SS and PE than Javier... I don't agree with that at all.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
so he popped 2 jumps ? :confused:
thats pretty high score 83+ for a meltdown SP

He landed an excellent 4S-3T and then turned the quad into a double. Nailed the 3A though. I'm surprised he received higher PCS than Verner and Brezina (as in he deserves it I just didn't think he'd get it. Still not a meltdown by any stretch of the imagination.

I would have had Javier a bit higher. That was well performed and should have earned 92-93 point IMO.

Good for Voronov! You've gotta hand it to him, he's consistent.

Let me guess, if Voronov beats Kovtun, instead of either going to Sochi, Plu goes? :rolleye:

Frenchie

Medalist
He wasn't in charge of Bringing that joke plaitnum to his website. In fact he knew nothing of it and his agent and him fixed the website and removed the joking platinum reference. But if you think he's insane that's your opinion but the facts are he did not believe he won platinum in Vancouver and made references to winning silver and knew he won silver and is not insane like your saying and believes he won a platinum medal in Vancouver.
a) get a chill pill
b) peace!
c) I never said he's insane
d) I might have suggested he's a bit delusional.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Good for Voronov! You've gotta hand it to him, he's consistent.

Let me guess, if Voronov beats Kovtun, instead of either going to Sochi, Plu goes? :rolleye:

if Kovtun does not win Euros, his chances is nil going to Sochi
Voronov is not consistent either, he can thank Madame Tutberidze for that

Frenchie

Medalist

There's no scenario whatsoever where Voronov gets sent to Sochi. :no: He'd have better chances to be sent to compete in the Pairs Event with Menshov.
Oh, gmyers, this was a joke. :yay:

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
I'd still send Zhenya :)
shows other Russian men are inconsistent and untested

There's nothing that says Plu would have skated a clean SP (yeah, you could point to Russian Nats, but I could point to Volvo Cup).

And how does this SP show Voronov is inconsistent? He skated cleanly and has been pretty consistent.

Mao88

Record Breaker
MEN'S SHORT PROGRAM - VIDEOS & RESULT

1. Javier FERNANDEZ (ESP) - 91.56 Short Program
2. Sergei VORONOV (RUS) - 85.51 Short Program
3. Tomas VERNER (CZE) - 83.51 Short Program
4. Maxim KOVTUN (RUS) - 83.15 Short Program
5. Michal BREZINA (CZE) - 82.80 Short Program
6. Alexander MAJOROV (SWE) - 79.62 Short Program
7. Florent AMODIO (FRA)78.60 Short Program
8. Peter LIEBERS (GER) - 77.42 Short Program
9. Brian JOUBERT (FRA) - 73.29 Short Program
10. Jorik HENDRICKX (BEL) - 73.21 Short Program
11. Konstantin MENSHOV (RUS) - 72.12 Short Program
12. Chafik BESSEGHIER (FRA) - 70.85 Short Program

deedee1

Record Breaker
sad sad sad for Brian...:cry:
Tomas! :love: Voronov!! :rock:
LOved Kelemen, Raya and Walker. :yes: Good for Parkinson for advancing to FS; he must have been very anxious/worrying that he would have never made it while waiting and waiting.

And my big congrats to Majorov for his personal best score and making the final group in FS! :cool:

Mao88

Record Breaker
MEN'S SHORT PROGRAM - VIDEOS & RESULT - Updated

1. Javier FERNANDEZ (ESP) - 91.56 Short Program, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy, 4th Copy
2. Sergei VORONOV (RUS) - 85.51 Short Program, 2nd copy, 3rd Copy
3. Tomas VERNER (CZE) - 83.51 Short Program, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy
4. Maxim KOVTUN (RUS) - 83.15 Short Program, 2nd copy
5. Michal BREZINA (CZE) - 82.80 Short Program, 2nd copy, 3rd Copy
6. Alexander MAJOROV (SWE) - 79.62 Short Program, 2nd copy
7. Florent AMODIO (FRA)78.60 Short Program, 2nd Copy
8. Peter LIEBERS (GER) - 77.42 Short Program, 2nd Copy
9. Brian JOUBERT (FRA) - 73.29 Short Program, 2nd Copy
10. Jorik HENDRICKX (BEL) - 73.21 Short Program, 2nd Copy
11. Konstantin MENSHOV (RUS) - 72.12 Short Program, 2nd Copy
12. Chafik BESSEGHIER (FRA) - 70.85 Short Program

Frenchie

Medalist
Your basis of calling him delusional is false.

You're right. I wish him the best of luck earning his Sochi spot back after losing the RN by beating Kovtun in Budapest... Oh, wait...

LRK

Record Breaker
You're right. I wish him the best of luck earning his Sochi spot back after losing the RN by beating Kovtun in Budapest... Oh, wait...

Moving the goal posts, are we? You were talking about his supposed "platinum medal". What that has to do with the RN or Sochi or anything is anyone's guess... Shrug. Whatever.

rollerblade

Record Breaker
Thanks for the videos. How do you find them so fast?

Voronov's bear has a matching jacket, awww.