Men SP - 2014 European Championships | Page 14 | Golden Skate

Men SP - 2014 European Championships

Frenchie

I'm gonna customize the CRAP out of this title!
Medalist
Moving the goal posts, are we? You were talking about his supposed "platinum medal". What that has to do with the RN or Sochi or anything is anyone's guess... Shrug. Whatever.
I was explaining why I "might have suggested he's a bit delusional"...
Big goal -> obvious way to behave to get it
Plushy: Big goal -> "hey! give it to me! nah. I don't wanna earn it."
Did you understand this "more straightforward" explanation? Let me know if I can help in the future.
What's with all the bitterness and venom spewing from some Plushy fans these days... :disapp:
To keep up with the toddler talk: shrug. whatever. laugh.

wallylutz

Medalist
There's no scenario whatsoever where Voronov gets sent to Sochi. :no: He'd have better chances to be sent to compete in the Pairs Event with Menshov.

Don't you know that is a blatant violation of the infamous no-homo law in Russia in order to protect children of the world? How dare you suggest these two super manly Russian men doing such a gay thing! KGB will now arrest you for comic explosion. ;) :thumbsup:

gmyers

Record Breaker
I was explaining why I "might have suggested he's a bit delusional"...
Big goal -> obvious way to behave to get it
Plushy: Big goal -> "hey! give it to me! nah. I don't wanna earn it."
Did you understand this "more straightforward" explanation? Let me know if I can help in the future.
What's with all the bitterness and venom spewing from some Plushy fans these days... :disapp:
To keep up with the toddler talk: shrug. whatever. laugh.

The whole foundation of the plushenko is delusional if he thinks he can win euros or place second comes from you believing the delusion precendent with the platinum medal he says he won in Vancouver! Well there was no platinum medal claim and it was a Russia joke that became an American fact but it was a joke and it was always a joke and the basis of your comment and belief that plushenko was delusional is TOTALLY WRONG IN EVERY WAY And you don't care! So the facts are the facts and you don't know them and you don't care about them and so just whatever!

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Voronov is not consistent either, he can thank Madame Tutberidze for that

What are you talking about? This season, he's skated 4 clean short programs at Finlandia, NHK, Russian Nats, and Euros (albeit a quad-double at NHK/Finlandia, but still no error).

Heck, he's the only man (as far as I know) to land both his quad and 3A in every SP this season.

No other senior man can say that.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Don't you know that is a blatant violation of the infamous no-homo law in Russia in order to protect children of the world? How dare you suggest these two super manly Russian men doing such a gay thing! KGB will now arrest you for comic explosion. ;) :thumbsup:

:laugh: What do you suppose they'll do for the two-man luge? :biggrin:

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
What are you talking about? This season, he's skated 4 clean short programs at Finlandia, NHK, Russian Nats, and Euros (albeit a quad-double at NHK/Finlandia, but still no error).

Heck, he's the only man (as far as I know) to land both his quad and 3A in every SP this season.

No other senior man can say that.

Im saying he started his better results since he moved to Tutberidze
but in no way I wouldnt call Voronov consistent, btw he is 26 years old !! time is not his side

SaraM

Final Flight
Country
Norway
Finally time to watch the replays of men sp! After reading your comments im excited. And im sure kovtun will fight back in his free skate and securing his sochi spot. I just cant stand the thought of having to see plushenkos awful best of music cuts, lay over lay over jump jump program at the freaking olympics!!

seniorita

Record Breaker
Plushenko is not competing at Euros, so lets comment on skaters who actually did, Verner is back! And what a skate, how much I have missed him! I was jumping upside down! Fernadez peaking late in the season is a good thing for Sochi! I m starting to like this program!
On the other side, Brezina seems to skate same kind of programs for me, so does Amodio. That was a crappy version of tango argentino or whatever.Hendrickx has grown up alot, well done!

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
Oh well... apparently, Kovtun just updated his twitter profile as "member of the russian olympic team". Gorshkov just replied they don't take any responsibility for what Kovtun writes on his twitter.

At least Plush has some results (even if they are from longer ago) to back his arrogance up. This kid... :rolleye:

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Thrilled for Tomas and happy that Javier is back in great form. Ouch for Brian. I hope he can come
back in the FS. Can't wait to watch the videos this evening. Thanks Mao88.

rosacotton

Final Flight
Very happy to see a great skate from Javier. Now, please, please hold it together in the free!!

Icey

Record Breaker
Your basis of calling him delusional is false.

Even if the basis is wrong, he could still be delusional (or were you being sarcastic?)

Was Plus unable to skate at Europeans? If he can't skate there, will he be ready for the Olympics?

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Even if the basis is wrong, he could still be delusional (or were you being sarcastic?)

Was Plus unable to skate at Europeans? If he can't skate there, will he be ready for the Olympics?

He chose not to skate at Europeans. I don't know if it was due to inability, but 3 weeks before Sochi and his most recent FS being Russian Nationals, I'm really unsure.

Kovtun doesn't need to win Euros to go to Sochi, he just needs to skate decently. Fernandez is expected to be ahead of him anyways if he got his skates together (which he finally did). Again, there's no telling if Plushenko would have skated better than Kovtun in the SP... looking at his Russian Nats SP some would say yes, looking at his Volvo Cup SP some would say no. But that's picking and choosing -- one could say Kovtun had a great skate at CoR in the SP. Then people would say "Yeah, but his most recent SP had a doubled jump", but then people could say "Yeah, but Plushenko's most recent LP had many doubled jumps" and so on and so forth.

Plushenko really should have gone to Euros. It would have been a much easier way to settle this whole dilemma of who goes.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Oh well... apparently, Kovtun just updated his twitter profile as "member of the russian olympic team". Gorshkov just replied they don't take any responsibility for what Kovtun writes on his twitter.

At least Plush has some results (even if they are from longer ago) to back his arrogance up. This kid... :rolleye:

I think for all intents and purposes, as arrogant as it is, he needs to project that he's a member of the Russian National team. It's like Tuktamysheva/Mishin saying she will win gold - you have to project confidence, even if you haven't really backed it up.

Plushenko has taken all gloves off by essentially saying he should be in Sochi in spite of Kovtun beating him - while pointing out Kovtun's past setbacks - so I don't see why Kovtun shouldn't bite back. Kovtun could easily tweet "Plushenko, wish you were at Euros so I could reinforce my Sochi spot." and as nasty as it would be, he'd kinda be right.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty

yes Kovtun is very arrogant,
he probably has the biggest ego in all of men skaters right now

SaraM

Final Flight
Country
Norway
I think for all intents and purposes, as arrogant as it is, he needs to project that he's a member of the Russian National team. It's like Tuktamysheva/Mishin saying she will win gold - you have to project confidence, even if you haven't really backed it up.

Plushenko has taken all gloves off by essentially saying he should be in Sochi in spite of Kovtun beating him - while pointing out Kovtun's past setbacks - so I don't see why Kovtun shouldn't bite back. Kovtun could easily tweet "Plushenko, wish you were at Euros so I could reinforce my Sochi spot." and as nasty as it would be, he'd kinda be right.

word

Big Deal

Final Flight
Why is it about Plushenko? He has nothing to do with this European.
He is a history and he and his team cannot cope with that situation.
That is it.

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
CanadianSkaterGuy said:

I don't see how biting back is any better than being the first one to bite. You can always be determined while still being classy and respectful. You can easily stand up for yourself without being arrogant.
Mishin and Liza saying she will win Gold is not the same thing for me. Just as much as saying you think you should be on the team and saying you are are not the same. I find the 2nd one to be a lot nastier - the first is an opinion, the second is a flat out lie. The tweet you proposed is okay, it's a threat, but hey, it's aimed straigth into Plush's face so I think it's fair.
And I'm not mainly disliking Kovtuns quote because of Plush... I know Voronov is out of the equation, but he skated better than Kovtun here, and yet Kovtuns skate here makes him think it's his Oly spot. What. And there wasn't even the LP yet.

Oh, and before we forget: Kovtun doesn't need anyone to bite first. Believe a good ol' Hanyu fan who still doesn't get why Kovtun has to point to Hanyus nationals score and call it 'all politics'. After he was defeated by Hanyu at the GPF just some weeks earlier, it just makes him look like a sour loser :p