Men SP - 2014 European Championships | Page 15 | Golden Skate

Men SP - 2014 European Championships

Panini

On the Ice
Oh well... apparently, Kovtun just updated his twitter profile as "member of the russian olympic team". Gorshkov just replied they don't take any responsibility for what Kovtun writes on his twitter.

At least Plush has some results (even if they are from longer ago) to back his arrogance up. This kid... :rolleye:

My thoughts exactly.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I am loving how Fernandez's program has matured through the season, when I first saw it I kept comparing it to Robin Cousins' version and it wasn't matching up. He was flawless in the performance at Euros today! He's even working on those "Brian Orser" cupped hands (get rid of them, Javi!). LOVE LOVE LOVE! Really hoping for great things in Sochi for him (trying hard not to jinx him). :love:

spikydurian

Medalist
Oh well... apparently, Kovtun just updated his twitter profile as "member of the russian olympic team". Gorshkov just replied they don't take any responsibility for what Kovtun writes on his twitter.

At least Plush has some results (even if they are from longer ago) to back his arrogance up. This kid... :rolleye:

Give this kid a chance. I didn't think his SP was disastrous and he still have a chance in medalling. What's wrong with being 'a member'? That has many meanings. He could end up being a 'back up' which can still be considered a member. If we keep putting down the young Russian lads by comparing them with Plushenko and expecting them to have zero confidence in themselves, the lack of dominating men in Russia will continue.;)

Mao88

Record Breaker
MEN'S SHORT PROGRAM - VIDEOS & RESULT - Updated

1. Javier FERNANDEZ (ESP) - 91.56 Short Program, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy, 4th Copy
2. Sergei VORONOV (RUS) - 85.51 Short Program, 2nd copy, 3rd Copy
3. Tomas VERNER (CZE) - 83.51 Short Program, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy
4. Maxim KOVTUN (RUS) - 83.15 Short Program, 2nd copy
5. Michal BREZINA (CZE) - 82.80 Short Program, 2nd copy, 3rd Copy
6. Alexander MAJOROV (SWE) - 79.62 Short Program, 2nd copy
7. Florent AMODIO (FRA)78.60 Short Program, 2nd Copy
8. Peter LIEBERS (GER) - 77.42 Short Program, 2nd Copy
9. Brian JOUBERT (FRA) - 73.29 Short Program, 2nd Copy
10. Jorik HENDRICKX (BEL) - 73.21 Short Program, 2nd Copy
11. Konstantin MENSHOV (RUS) - 72.12 Short Program, 2nd Copy
12. Chafik BESSEGHIER (FRA) - 70.85 Short Program
13. Alexei BYCHENKO (ISR) - 68.68
14. Zoltan KELEMEN (ROU) - 68.32 Short Program
15. Maciej CIEPLUCHA (POL) - 65.84
16. Viktor PFEIFER (AUT) - 60.89
17. Stephane WALKER (SUI) - 60.54
18. Kim LUCINE (MON) - 60.00 Short Program
19. Franz STREUBEL (GER) - 59.96
20. Javier RAYA (ESP) - 57.13 Short Program

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
spikydurian said:
Give this kid a chance. I didn't think his SP was disastrous and he still have a chance in medalling. What's wrong with being 'a member'? That has many meanings. He could which can still be considered a member. If we keep putting down the young Russian lads by comparing them with Plushenko and expecting them to have zero confidence in themselves, the lack of dominating men in Russia will continue.

What other meanings? "Member of the Olympic team" = the one man skating at the Olympics, the one man getting the spot over Plush and everyone else.
If his SP was disastrous or not is not the point (although your right, it wasn't). Even if he would have skated clean, this action would have been arrogant.

And I'm not comparing him to Plush, I'm not even a Plush fan and more or less neutral on the Olympic spot decision between those two based on their skating. I just think one might present himself bad in public and the other even worse.

spikydurian

Medalist
What other meanings? "Member of the Olympic team" = the one man skating at the Olympics, the one man getting the spot over Plush and everyone else.
If his SP was disastrous or not is not the point (although your right, it wasn't). Even if he would have skated clean, this action would have been arrogant.

And I'm not comparing him to Plush, I'm not even a Plush fan and more or less neutral on the Olympic spot decision between those two based on their skating. I just think one might present himself bad in public and the other even worse.

I don't see why tweeting that 'he is a member' is a sign of arrogance.

LRK

Record Breaker
I am loving how Fernandez's program has matured through the season, when I first saw it I kept comparing it to Robin Cousins' version and it wasn't matching up. He was flawless in the performance at Euros today! He's even working on those "Brian Orser" cupped hands (get rid of them, Javi!). LOVE LOVE LOVE! Really hoping for great things in Sochi for him (trying hard not to jinx him). :love:

And it all looked so... effortless! So easy that one was left with the feeling... "Why didn't you do it like this the rest of the season, Javi?!" :) And I hope I'm not jinxing him for the free...

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
spikydurian said:
I don't see why tweeting that 'he is a member' is a sign of arrogance.

He didn't exactly tweet it either, he updated his profile. He decided he'd be the russian team member when the dicision isn't done yet.

Obviously Mr. Gorshkov (and I honestly don't even know who that is) thought so too, as he tweeted later that the desicion wasn't made yet, no matter what Kovtun writes.

Gigi13

On the Ice
I loved Javier's performance it was amazing :love: I hope he keeps it together in the free I hope I don't wanna jinx him I just want him to do his best so good luck Javier!

rollerblade

Record Breaker
I just cant stand the thought of having to see plushenkos awful best of music cuts, lay over lay over jump jump program at the freaking olympics!!
Blame the judges! They continued to reward him years after years for those atrocious "choreography" to awful music choices. He could have skated to the National Anthem edited with Achmed's Jingle Bombs randomly throughout the music, and still get first place.

For those not familiar with Achmed, he's a puppet by ventriloquist Jeff Dunham.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Blame the judges! They continued to reward him years after years for those atrocious "choreography" to awful music choices. He could have skated to the National Anthem edited with Achmed's Jingle Bombs randomly throughout the music, and still get first place.

For those not familiar with Achmed, he's a puppet by ventriloquist Jeff Dunham.

Someone really should skate to Jingle Bombs sometime... :laugh:

marcolee925

Rinkside
Wow, do you hate Plushenko that much?

I'm asking, because I think Kovtun getting 41+ in PCS is already a bad, bad joke. And saying Kovtun has better SS and PE than Javier... I don't agree with that at all.

Kotvun deserves higher PCS than Plushenko too. Plushenko's skating skills is fairly average. His transitions and choreography are below average. His interpretation and performance / execution can be very good though.

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
marcolee925 said:
I don't think Ziggy is saying either deserves high PCS but at least Kovtun deserves higher. Fernandez was rather slow and tentative.

Where you there live? If fernandez is slow, I don't know what to call Kovtun... his speed was better this time, but compared to someone like Verner, he's still slow.

And how Plush should be scored in PCS doesn't have anything to do with Fernandez' or Kovtuns PCS here, since he wasn't there.

marcolee925

Rinkside
Where you there live? If fernandez is slow, I don't know what to call Kovtun... his speed was better this time, but compared to someone like Verner, he's still slow.

And how Plush should be scored in PCS doesn't have anything to do with Fernandez' or Kovtuns PCS here, since he wasn't there.

Verner is way above everyone else of course.

I didn't bring up Plushenko first. You did, when you asked whether he hates Plushenko because he sees how Kovtun is better at certain PCS areas than Fernandez.

He's the president of the FS Fed of Russia, 1976 OGM with Ludmila Pakhomova. Rather famous person, isn't he?

In fact, Gorshkov with his partner won the very first Ice Dance OGM. Ice dance wasn't part of Olympic figure skating until that year, 1976. They had been World Champions from 1970 on, with the exception of 1975, when Gorshkov had a lung infection. They were thus the foundation of the great Soviet dynasty of ice dance excellence.

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
marcolee925 said:
Verner is way above everyone else of course.

I didn't bring up Plushenko first. You did, when you asked whether he hates Plushenko because he sees how Kovtun is better at certain PCS areas than Fernandez.

Sadly Tomas wasn't scored like it :eek:hwell: (I'd have him first in PCS, honestly)

Oh, that was more meant as a stupid joke and not as a real comparison of the actual skills between Kovtun and Plushenko ;)

Antilopa said:
He's the president of the FS Fed of Russia, 1976 OGM with Ludmila Pakhomova. Rather famous person, isn't he?

Olympia said:
In fact, Gorshkov with his partner won the very first Ice Dance OGM. Ice dance wasn't part of Olympic figure skating until that year, 1976. They had been World Champions from 1970 on, with the exception of 1975, when Gorshkov had a lung infection. They were thus the foundation of the great Soviet dynasty of ice dance excellence.

Cool, thanks! I don't think I'll remember that for too long though, I don't exactly have a thing for names...

Icey

Record Breaker

Unfortunately, Ludmila died at the age of 39 of leukemia. the same cancer that took the life of Henie, I believe.